[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of the weirdest Raws ever We thought we just saw a legend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: 142957829526.jpg (74KB, 650x867px) Image search: [Google]
142957829526.jpg
74KB, 650x867px
One of the weirdest Raws ever

We thought we just saw a legend die on a live show.....and the show eerily ran without any commentary afterwards, which was surprisingly one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen on television given the near-tragedy that was unfolding

If you didn't watch this live as it happened.....you'll never know how weird and frustrating that night was
>>
>>2437175
That was like a million years ago Grampa!

Nah, all joking aside, Jerry was lucky it happened at work. The instant attention from the EMTs probably made all the difference. Had that happened at home in his sleep or whatever, and Jerry would be talked about in past tenses.

Also, this situation was nowhere near as the commentary after Owen died at Over The Edge.
>>
poor fat fuck jr
>>
>>2437175
reddit
>>
>>2437194

>Also, this situation was nowhere near as the commentary after Owen died at Over The Edge

While I agree that JR and King's commentary after Owen's fall is still something I can't watch to this day.......the fact that nobody said a fucking word on commentary for what seemed like an eternity, while we all thought Lawler may have died in the back and Vince was trying to figure out what to do next, how to break the news, whether or not to cancel the show.....that was fucking surreal as all hell

That Sheamus vs. Otunga match was crazy with no commentary. They're putting on a full match, and the viewers don't give a shit and are just wondering if Lawler is okay. Sheamus wins the match, spends like 2 or 3 minutes celebrating in the ring and the viewers are wondering if Vince told him to do all that to stall for time. Fucking Booker T and AJ Lee come out doing promos afterwards and it's like "ARE YOU SERIOUS.....COLE IS STILL AT THE DESK BUT NOT SAYING ANYTHING.....WTF JUST TELL US IF JERRY IS ALIVE OR NOT"

I spent years wishing for Michael Cole to just shut the fuck up. Then here comes the ONE night he actually does that, and it's during the one time that everyone wants to hear him say SOMETHING about what the hell was going on
>>
>>2437208
You may not be the most autistic poster in all of 4chan, but god damn it you're trying
>>
>>2437245
>during the one time that everyone wants to hear him say SOMETHING about what the hell was going on
It wasnt like they did it to spite the viewers, it was a show of respect to a friend and fellow commentator that was on deaths door
>>
>>2437245
What I learned that day is that Cole really cares for Jerry he almost cried when Byron came out
>>
>>2437208
>>2437245
>>
>>2437208
you certainly put OP in his place. Retard
>>
>>2437260
>It wasnt like they did it to spite the viewers, it was a show of respect to a friend and fellow commentator that was on deaths door
We weren't aware of this for a long while after Jerry dropped, though
remember, Cole was silent long before he came back with an update, and finally explained that the silence would be out of respect to Jerry
Before he said that in the update, the commentary silence was unexplained and weird as hell. People online were speculating whether Cole was too overcome with emotion to talk because he was already informed that Jerry had died
>>
>>2437175
Fuck off to Reddit kiddo
>>
>>2437175
seek sunlight
>>
File: fuckthisstewie.jpg (52KB, 519x391px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisstewie.jpg
52KB, 519x391px
Paedo Lawler nearly dies and OP is close to tears?
>>
>>2437175
what happened exactly?
>>
File: Jerry.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>
>>2437497
thats the night lawler had his coronary and op was apparently very hurt about it
>>
>>2437260

>it was a show of respect to a friend and fellow commentator

Except Maggle didn't clarify that until much later, after the Otunga/Sheamus match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikQxzMMhANU

Before that, the silence was weird and nobody knew why Maggle wasn't saying anything
>>
I love how everyone makes jokes about it now and clowns anyone who ever admits to being concerned about Lawler at the time...yet if you check any live discussion thread for that night's RAM, almost everyone was crying and getting butthurt over the possibility of him dying. Wrestlingforum's discussion thread from that night is hilarious to read now in retrospect
>>
File: hLZghRT[1].jpg (29KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
hLZghRT[1].jpg
29KB, 800x500px
Yes, but who can ever forget the day Michael Cole died?

When Saxton had to come out and do commentary, it made us all cry.
>>
>>2437245
>JR and King's commentary after Owen's fall is still something I can't watch to this day.

Where would one go to check this out? Morbid curiosity. No way that PPV is on the network, right?
>>
>>2437888
>Where would one go to check this out? Morbid curiosity. No way that PPV is on the network, right?

I think I read somewhere that the PPV is available but everything Owen-related is edited out

Anyway, here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y2hu_owen-hart-the-last-footage_sport

The part at 8:00 when Lawler comes back to the announce table after checking on Owen; pure chills. You can tell he knows Owen is basically gone

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4m99v_wwe-owen-hart-s-fall-death_sport

This is the part where JR finally confirms to everyone that Owen died
>>
>>2437175
I called all of my friends the moment it became apparent
>>
>>2437916
I remember where i was the night it happened. I was at my neighbors house i was young it was late no one was watching the ppv, but it ended up being instantly on the news.
It was a sad night.
>>
>>2437175
Can you imagine the context of this image if Lawler had actually died that night?
Michael Cole just sitting alone at the table beside Lawler's empty chair, his head buried in his hand because he's crying over the loss of his friend
This picture would have been tragically iconic
>>
the michael cole face turn was GOAT
>>
>>2437969
literally the only good thing to come out of Jerry's heart attack was the official end of heel Cole
>>
what i never understood about the owen hart thing was why didnt they wait until after the show to announce his death? They should've just said he was receiving medical attention then. Makes everything much more awkward with everyone knowing he's gone
>>
>>2442386
We never had to see Lawler in the ring again and it was the begining of the end of his commentary, lots of great things happened when the prick nearly died
>>
File: hillary shoe.jpg (60KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
hillary shoe.jpg
60KB, 640x474px
>>2437795
>>
You wanna talk about weird, how about a couple months ago on SmackDown when Ziggler said he did it intentionally.
>>
>>2442539
It's not an easy situation to think straight in. Hindsight being 20/20, they should've just canceled the rest of the event. But maybe they thought that was unfair to the people who had paid for tickets or the PPV.
>>
m8 they faked a heart attack to promote tout.
>>
>>2442947
OOOOOOH MY!
>>
>>2437916
>that fucking guy in the black shirt behind JR doing the hand motions

Holy fuck that was funny. Weird how people didn't seem too phased.
>>
>>2442991
Autistic people often miss social cues or have empathy for others.
>>
I legit laughed out loud when this happened thinking it was a work lol
>>
>>2437245
>"ARE YOU SERIOUS.....COLE IS STILL AT THE DESK BUT NOT SAYING ANYTHING.....WTF JUST TELL US IF JERRY IS ALIVE OR NOT"

Yeah I remember this

I know it was a stressful situation but Cole really should have clarified in his first or second update that commentary would stop out of respect for Lawler

I remember everyone kept saying that they could spot Cole still sitting at the announcers table but they didn't know why he was so quiet. Some people were even saying he was crying at the desk because he was preparing to tell everyone that Lawler was gone
>>
>>2437925
let me guess how long that took
>>
I was in the crowd and had no idea what the fuck was going on, only saw a bunch of guys carrying someone away on a stretcher in front of me but didn't even know it was Jerry. Only found out a little later in the show via twitter
>>
>>2437958

I never got to watch PPVs back then as a kid. Learned about it the next day at school and I was sure the other kids were lying. Came home, later watched Raw and got the shock of my young life
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.