[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone on /asp/ have aspirations to, or is currently training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 11-08-14_16-48Johnny-Moss.jpg (1MB, 1364x1893px) Image search: [Google]
11-08-14_16-48Johnny-Moss.jpg
1MB, 1364x1893px
does anyone on /asp/ have aspirations to, or is currently training to be a pro wrestler? if so, what does your training entail? do you think you'll be able to draw dimes? or is it just a fun hobby?
>>
I just want to put my penis in Asuka's pooper
>>
I did when I was a kid like most people, but no. It's a tough job that I'm not interested in.
>>
hell fucking no. if you are a non-wrestling athlete and get the red carpet rolled out for a sweet fast track WWE deal thats one thing, but coming up traditionally as an amateur wrestler? fuck that. for all the memes and conspiracies about the weirdness of being a part of the Vince family, I can only imagine amateur wrestling gyms being literal rape dungeons. Every single one of those guys comes off as some Purple Aki loon.
>>
>>2406050
>for all the memes and conspiracies about the weirdness of being a part of the Vince family

like what?
>>
>>2405988

Lately I see more threads about people wanting to be a wrestler.

I suggest at least give it a chance.Go to a wrestling school,see if you like it,try it and see how it goes.

You can be involved with wrestling at various levels,just go for it.
>>
>>2406100
>You can be involved with wrestling at various levels,just go for it.

This, even if you are a fat fuck or a twig, you can get some training and be a weekend warrior for any small feds in your area. They often need cheap warm bodies. At that level you are only doing it for the love, so you better make sure you love it.
>>
>>2406264

This. There's a local org that does shows once a month or so at the local community college rec center. You can tell the guys really enjoy it and the wrestling is actually pretty fucking good despite the fact that half of the crowd is bused in from the local retard center.

The guys seem to really like doing it and all go out and get hammered together after.
>>
Why would you want to be a pro-wrestler when you can train to be a pro-fighter?
>>
>>2406000
work hard enough and maybe one day you can!
>>
When i was in the army i briefly trained ay wwa4 in atlanta. They went until 11 at night and i had to drive 2 1/2 hours each way, and be to work at 6 am. Couldnt do that schedule. I just remember falling on my back alot and my head killing me.
>>
>>2406535
you actually have a higher chance of making it in the wrestling bussiness than being successful in MMA.
>>
>>2406563
I can't say I believe you desu. I like the idea that your future is determined by you than bookers. However financially speaking, you could be right. I mean, I'm sure jobbers make 6 figures at least but a good amount of money goes away for traveling and shit.
>>
>>2406589
Depends on your charisma/personality/social skills. DDP started wrestling at 35. I don't know any MMA fighters starting that late and winning anything.
>>
>>2406606
Well obviously not. Though I can't imagine there are a lot of 35 year olds starting pro-wrestling either.

Also, I personally wouldn't want to be on the road all the time.

Also
>Roman
>charisma
>social skills
Vince didn't push him for any of those reasons.
>>
>>2406634
>Though I can't imagine there are a lot of 35 year olds starting pro-wrestling either.
So? the point is you can start your pro wrestling career late and be successful while in MMA you have no chance. Hell now if you start your MMA training at 25 nobody is gonna give you a real chance(unless you're a freak of nature like Brock). And MMA fighters today starve more then pro wrestlers since you can split the travel costs between multiple people while MMA training has go from your own pocket.
>>
>>2406050
>Purple Aki

Squat for me bro
>>
>>2405988
Currently Indy European wrestler here, M Been training and wrestling around Europe (7 Countries so far) for the past 7 years.

REALLY hard to make money out of it (my goal is to make a living out of it, not being a mega star... yet)

It's the most fun I ever had, and worth it 100%, instead of blowing your money on drinking on weekend, video games or car modifications, I traveled, meet awesome people and had a lot of fun.

If you want it, give it a try, you will know soon enough if bumping is for you or not.
>>
Ye I do it every other weekend for fun at an indie show my friends cousin helps run it's a lot of fun. This board gives Indies a lot of shit, but they're really fun. It's light hearted, you chill and pretend fight, sometimes a former WWE star comes in.

Everyone at an indie show knows it's fake as fuck, so we have fun with it. We all know we're never going to WWE or even TNA.

Though to be fair I did once job for WWE off TV... For Ryback...
>>
>>2406606
Bad News Brown was trained at 30 by Antonio Inoki. Bronze medal judokas as well.
>>
>>2406050
Pretty much this. I tried on two occasions, once while being in high school (went nowhere because I couldn't come up with the dough) and another while I was in college (better results, but only did it for a year). The biggest hurdle is if you're not poised for greatness from the get-go. The gym I was in is run by a former WWE wrestler with connections to the company, but he's not gonna bother helping you unless he really thinks you're worth the trouble, and I don't blame him for that. During my stay, we got someone who had a professional sport background, and he only stuck around for a couple of months before being shipped out to WWE Developmental.

I gave up after realizing that I was too old for it, and that it was just a childhood dream. I didn't have the time or money to be traveling from high school gym to high school gym, hoping someone likes me enough to give me that next push. It doesn't help that I look like an everyman, and don't have anything special to try to sell myself.

I don't mean to discourage anyone from trying, Just keep in mind that it hurts, and you can feel the toll right away. I've worked on construction and off-shore rigs, and I can tell you being a wrestler will beat you up a lot more than those careers, for fraction of the pay, so it's definitively something you probably shouldn't do if you're afraid of pain.

Basically, I can only recommend it if you're passionate about it. Even if you had a sports or wrestling background, there's other stuff out there that would be more lucrative or rewarding than bumping your noggin on a poorly build ring for 10 bucks a night.
>>
>>2405988
What if I just want to be an on-screen manager like Paul Heyman? What do?
>>
>>2410432

Be born rich and with connections, not got that? Sucks to be you then.
>>
>>2410432
you need to know people in the bussiness. most managers are failed wrestlers or friends
>>
>tfw used to have a cool ass finisher when I wrestled for my local promotion

Crucified the opponent on the bottom rope outside the ring, set up a ramp, took a wheel chair, sat in it with my legs extended out, and rolled full speed for a double kick to the abdomen

Retired when I enlisted though
>>
>>2410432
>get broadcasting degree
>become a cameraman for ROH
>find a way to get roped into a work
>>
I tried here in my city, in fact I went to a couple of trainings, but the university demanded me a lot of time and I couldn't continue to attend, although I still go to their functions when I can
>>
>>2406050
>Purple Aki

Can I feel your biceps la?
Squat or slash kidda
>>
>>2405988
>does anyone on /asp/ have aspirations to, or is currently training to be a pro wrestler?
I've been training for about 7 years now. You never stop if you want to keep your career.
>if so, what does your training entail?
If you are in a wrestling school you'll do warm up exercises, then run the ropes and practice taking bumps, then run through the same spot 20-30 times while getting instructions from the trainer. Then you'll move on to another exercise or the class will be over. It's not a lot different from what you've seen on Tough Enough or the WWE Network, but the progression of the students is a lot slower.

Once you've learned a few basics you'll start to do practice matches.
>do you think you'll be able to draw dimes?
I have drawn dimes.
>or is it just a fun hobby?
No, it's my life.
>>
Parkour. bottom line.
>>
>>2410452
What did you call it?
>>
>>2410586
It didn't really have a name, but I've had someone call it the "Dirty Grandpa"
>>
I've been wanting to try it out.
I went and trained at a BJJ gym last month and that was a ton of fun and judging from the highspots video seminars they got up there a lot of the guys in these schools aren't all that jacked up or even that athletic so I could probably hang.
>>
File: fattie.jpg (48KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
fattie.jpg
48KB, 444x444px
I have aspirations to learn catch wrestling, all I can find in my area are pro-wrestling schools.

>mfw they tell me they only train pro-wrestling
>>
>>2410507
Hey, >>2408466 here, where are you based?

The progression of the student depends of everyone, when I train people I love being picky about the details and psychology
>>
No I train amateur wrestling, boxing and ju jitsu
>>
>>2405988

I wanted to do it, but the nearest school last time I checked it about an hour away by train, and run by a scumbag who used a dead man's name to promote his show without giving any of the profit to the family (It's the PCW school, for those wondering.)

I'm still holding out hope, mind you. Once I've got a solid job and feel a bit more financially secure, I might start looking for a school closer and give it a go.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.