[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with pic related? When I think back on my favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 5

File: thumb.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
What went wrong with pic related?

When I think back on my favorite matches over the couple years, a ton of Cesaro matches come to mind. I think a good argument could be made that he's the best in-ring performer in the company. The dude will light up a show 6-8 times a year with an insane match that's the best of the month. Probably the best tag team wrestler of our time. Probably the biggest wrestling nerd and most athletic performer in WWE.

Has been falling down the card for the last couple years. Constantly being limited and held down. Has maybe the worst theme of all time. Is he a secret agent? a stripper? a pretentious European shit bag? an ambulance driver? I don't fucking get it.

Explain to me the Swiss Superman.
>>
>>2397760
Vince doesn't like foreigns.
>>
He's only great in tag teams. In singles stuff, he's very boring. At least Benoit had that killer aura, and no not cause the murders. Benoit was intense in the ring.
>>
Bald indy fuck fails to adapt himself to mainstream fan-taste. That's what went wrong. Cesaro never evolved from his indy shit.
>>
Hes a good wrestler and thats it.

When he attempts to talk its like a robot thats trying to learn English.
>>
>>2397760
He has zero, ZERO, charisma
>>
>>2397783
Pretty much this. A while back it looked like they were about to give him a big push. Then he fumbled an in ring promo. The week after he was on commentary and bombed. Push gone.
>>
>>2397760
He got drafted to Raw instead of Smackdown
>>
>Gimmick is that he can speak a bunch of languages and spin people
>Good worker but nothing special
>Doesn't have a look
>No mic skills
>Has no charisma outside of ripping off a tuxedo.
>Doesn't carry himself like a badass/confident person
>>
>>2397777
This, he still wrestles like he is in a bingo hall.
>>
If they gave him a real theme and kept him looking like such a European fag, he could have been huge. But he always looks weird as shit. His white tights that look like a diaper and that weird ass tape he wears.
>>
>>2397760
he has no charisma and looks stupid

completely forgettable B talent no one could ever get behind
>>
How does he wrestle link an indy worker? Dude puts on four star matches like nothing. Is he supposed to have a move named after jerking off or something?
>>
>>2397760
He would be a top tier babyface on Smackdown. He's just wasted on Raw
>>
>>2397822
>He would be a top tier babyface on Smackdown.

What makes you think Vince would do that?
>>
Making him a Heyman guy when he won the Battle Royale
>>
>>2397760
He looks like a walking penis
>>
>>2397872
Can't get penises out of your head eh
>>
The Real Americans tag team ended too soon
>>
>>2397768
But he is all fo reigns though.
>>
>>2397760
He's boring and shitty, no charisma, a comedy jobber.
>>
>>2397760
Kevin Dunn decides who gets screen time.
>>
I really like the new entrance with Sheamus but Cesaro should ditch the clothes gimmick.
>>
>>2397813
remember when he had those garter things? glad he ditched those
>>
Lack of charisma and promo skills, that's the big one. You can be the best wrestler in the world but if you can't cut a good promo in front of 30,000 people you're never ever leaving the midcard.

Austin, The Rock, Hogan, Cena, and Flair aren't GOATs because they were great wrestlers, they're GOATs because if they got their hands on a mic they could bring the whole house down.

To a lesser effect, there's also the question of style. While I think he's a VERY talented wrestler, Cesaro mostly got over wrestling an indie style like you'd see on PWG. Everything about his matches comes off heavily choreographed, over-exaggerated, and sometimes even comical (i.e. the giant swing and the uppercut spam). That's fine if you're seeing him wrestle once a month or a couple of times a year like your standard indie journeyman, but seeing those same spots every Monday night over the course of 52 weeks is boring and it honestly makes for bad wrestling.

I would love to see him adapt a more brawler-type style like Austin or The Rock, with one or two very flashy signature moves/finishers.
>>
>>2397969

After Stone Cold basically said he looked too much like a European fag a couple years ago on his podcast, Cesaro came out looks pretty bad ass with dark colored trunks and not looking so faggoty. He looked pretty bad ass. But then all of a sudden he went back to looking like a Eurofag.

Dude badly needs a new theme. BADLY. I almost think if he had a theme that was completely annoying, he could be so much more over.
>>
>>2397760
He needs a manager and an actual storyline.
Maybe make him a Heyman guy again, stick him together with Lesnar for the Tag Titles. Imagine having two athletes like them doing tag action. Would be pretty great. After some time, Lesnar wants to get back to mainevent business and get the big belt again. Friction starts between them, yad yada, and in the end they settle it with a big match on an important PPV.
Honestly, he has pretty much all one could want from a wrestler. He's taller than Reigns, Goldberg, Lesnar, Cena and other guys. He has the looks, athleticism and skills to carry a match combined with a distinctive moveset. Really, all he needs is a manager who can do the talking and a defining gimmick.
>>
He got injured and ever since he came back he's been shit and clearly holding back. Same with Jasethy. Fuck injuries and fuck indie retard shitters for going crazy always and killing themselves
>>
>>2398007
>lesnar
>tag team titles
>>
He would have been a lot better off in the late 80's/early 90's. Then he'd have a manager and would never talk.
>>
>>2398001
I'm conditioned to go have a piss break when I hear his music
>>
>>2398050
I can definitely see Lesnar having the tag titles

Just not with anyone else. Himself, 2-on-1 every time he defends, no tags, no losses, no complaints, just suplexes until the crowd is asleep and his opponents are dead.
>>
>>2398050
Well, he has to do something after getting beaten to a pulp by Goldberg.
>>
>>2397792
He's pretty fun to watch at LandvogTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJhbEId3uNU
>>
File: 1459454794437.gif (2MB, 251x185px) Image search: [Google]
1459454794437.gif
2MB, 251x185px
>>2398082
>was ist die lustigste automarke
>scherzedes
>>
>>2397760
They play him on like he's a secret agent. He fucking looks like a villain lackey.
>>
>>2398082
Well, you have to at least understand german to understand his bad puns and trashy jokes. They're fun if you do, but I guess it's hard to do that for an american crowd.
>>
>>2397760

For some reason I get the feeling that he doesn't speak any language very well.
>>
>>2398060
Lesnar and Ellsworth tag team
>>
>>2397760
He's boring. Has about the same amount of charisma as wet paint does while drying on the wall.
>>
>>2397760
This guy's popularity is the biggest meme the devil ever pulled. Everything people shit on Sami Zayn for is this guy 10 fold. He has even less character than Sami. At least you can describe him, Cesaro is like 5 different things at once and just throws everything at the wall to see if it sticks, but it never does because it's either retarded (quoting movies while dressed like James Bond) annoying (coming out like a lifeguard with a mummified shoulder to obnoxious sirens), or he has zero charisma for it.
>>
>>2398207
So what's the difference between him and Reigns?
>>
>>2398221
Reigns is better at sucking Vinnies dick.
>>
This guy even disappoints me in-ring, even though everyone says that's his greatest attribute. The uppercuts look like shit, and he does them waaay too fucking long. And in smark speak, when talking "psychology", why would he always do them when they aren't effective or lead him to win? And why does he do the swing thing for the same reason too? It's just pointless and it looks dumb.
>>
I swear I'm not normally this fedora tier, but Cesaro would do well to go to Japan and join the bullet club or some shit. He's big, Strong, has a good moveset, and good naturally Charisma.

Plus there he wouldn't have to cut promos and could show off more of his skill and moveset a bit more.
>>
>>2398221
Cesaro is not related to the Rock enough. All those personalities and languages and not one of them Samoan. That's his only real fault.

Lesnar, Goldberg, and Reigns can't talk or wrestle. They do just fine.
>>
>>2398288
But he was in Japan already.
>>
>>2398326
I though he was just in small time American promotions.
>>
>>2398404
Oh shit, you'Re right. I just saw "Chikara" on Wikipedia and assumed it was actually in Japan, not in the US.
>>
>>2398514
>not knowing about chikara

WWE babbys are pathetic.
>>
I like Cesaro. If he could level up his mic skills he could go far.
>>
>>2397760
They made his uppercuts his personality.

Thats it.

He would probably get over if he only did power moves, show off the fact that he has inhuman strenght and make him do shit that no one else can.
>>
>>2397760

Getting too verbally annoyed on-air with the company dicking him over is just going to get him more dicked over in the end.

Great matches, vibrant in the ring, and you can see that he could have something about him on the mic, but either his english isn't there yet, or, more likely, the storyline and his 'theme' isn't there yet.

Not doing too bad with Sheamus, but the tag titles themselves could do with some overall attention.
>>
>>2398007

they already put him with heyman once and it was a disaster. They should give him a different manager
>>
>>2397896
Underrated.
>>
>>2398514

...you don't belong here.
>>
>>2397872
He always reminds me to the bald guy from Brazzers
>>
>>2397760
Nothing, he's best in tag teams.
>>
>>2400687
>he's best in tag teams
>his best matches are singles matches and his tag matches are mediocre at best

What did you mean by this
>>
He has a bad accent and he's one of the worst actors on the roster.

Besides, he's right where he should be. Literally all of his career highlights are as part of a tag team. He's a tag team wrestler, and there's nothing wrong with that
>>
>>2397883
This
I loved that tag team,and at the very least would've loved to see jack swagger get a patriot gimmick or something.
>>
The gimmick that could work for him is like a circus strongman given that he's obviously strong as fuck and he doesn't have that great of mic skills so he can just get a catchphrase and he'll come off as an endearing meathead.
>>
His uppercuts are horrendous. They're worse than Shane's rapid "punches."
>>
>>2397760
He's a boring Swiss faggot. The very first time I watched him wrestle, I knew I hated him. That's a very rare feat to pull off
>>
>biggest wrestling nerd

They just signed back hero and daniel and kendrick are still with the E', so he'd be fourth behind them. They all have retarded tier knowledge of wrestling in multiple different companies. Hero probably knows the most.
>>
His first gimmick was a former swiss rugby player. Rugby player in US? wtf? Also no one in the USA cares about Switzerland.
He had a bad booking from the very beginning. Nothing changed since then.
>>
>there are "people" calling him uncharismatic
>because the senile old fuck in love with Roman said that he was
>>
>>2397989
>thinks mic skills = charisma

And you've never watched PWG.
>>
>>2400895
Show me him being charismatic.
>>
>>2398295
If Goldberg and Reigns didn't get pushed nobody would've ever cared about them, that's the difference.
>>
>>2400898
Any match of his where the crowd gets more and more into it as it goes on. Do you not watch the product?
>>
>>2400778
back to /pol/
>>
>>2397760
Didn't grab the brass ring like Roman did.
>>
>>2397817

I know that's why when I was at ram in Brooklyn the crowd popped for him bigger than everyone except taker and Enzo
>>
>>2400902

Why does Reddit always come here and try to blend in my knocking roman and someone else at the same time to try and mask it
>>
>>2400927
>le plebbit boogeyman

Wouldn't know what it's like. Go back.
>>
>>2400906
back to /pol/

for what? he called him a faggot?
>>
>>2398221

he wasnt taught by the rock to use his finger when sucking vinces cock.
>>
why doesnt wwe build this baldy as a no nonsense guy who does powerhouse moves with flippy shit mixed in?

let him get over with strength and finesse and zero talk.
>>
>>2400838

>Rugby player in US? wtf?

I'm an actual rugby player in the US, and your average scrub seems to think we are sanity-deprived pain machines. The biggest problem with that gimmick was that it was 100% Cole TELLING people, instead of Cesaro showing people. He just worked like a lifelong pro wrestler (and did it well, really), instead of something more brawling and goonish befitting a rugby player who might have taken up wrestling.

The Neutralizer was not a goddamn finisher that fit a rugby gimmick. Spear tackle, forearm shiver, clothesline, even a goddamn shoulder check would have been a better selling of that gimmick.

But yes, he has generally been booked terribly. Because the WWE has to complicate fucking EVERYTHING. And apparently because if anyone begins to get over just because they're good and the crowd likes it, they will bend over backwards to kill that.

No one is allowed to get over unless it's with a Vince approved gimmick, because if Vince can't take credit, it will bruise his narcissistic, glass ego.
>>
>>2401004
>for what?

Getting triggered by a foreigner
>>
>>2397760

>Probably the best tag team wrestler of our time.

That's ridiculous. Given WWE's tag team division is fucking dogshit, DIY and The Revival are still leagues ahead of everyone.
>>
>>2401118
I assume he meant "best wrestler for tag teams" since Cesaro meshes as a partner with pretty much anybody.

>yfw WWE just re-signed his best tag partner
>>
>>2397896

pretty good actually
>>
>>2400627
Dolape a best
>>
>>2397760
He's not American.....that's pretty much it.
Vince tends to rarely push foreign wrestlers above the midcard, and if he does they are always heels.
>>
File: claudio_castagnoli.jpg (109KB, 325x488px) Image search: [Google]
claudio_castagnoli.jpg
109KB, 325x488px
I am beyond mystified that Vince can look at a physique like pic related and not be hard as a rock instantly and push him to the moon.
Look at this man.
LOOK AT HIM.
I feel ashamed to call myself a man looking at this photo. This is THE optimum male physique for strength, form, function and show.
>>
>>2401476
Reddit!
>>
>>2401482
yeah you should go back there
>>
>>2401476
>>2401484
Ola r/SquaredCircle
>>
>>2401476
He has main eventer look for sure, but mic skills and charisma is what is most important in wwe. Still he is a good midcarder.
>>
>>2401476
Cringe
>>
File: chin.jpg (26KB, 500x549px) Image search: [Google]
chin.jpg
26KB, 500x549px
>>2401476
>
>>
File: projection.jpg (7KB, 372x323px) Image search: [Google]
projection.jpg
7KB, 372x323px
>>2401495
Look at the insecurity pouring out of this psot
>>
>>2401476
Cringe

>>2401497
>psot
shook
>>
>>2400062
I wouldn't really call it a disaster. Wasn't it after WM30 where he won the ATGMBR? After that Heyman kept him for like two months, then Brock returned and Heyman just dropped Cesaro.
>>
>>2398164
Lesnar and Bo
>>
>>2401504
All Heyman did during that time was hype Lesnar, even when it was a Cesaro promo. It should have led to a feud between the two, instead we got nothing out of it.
>>
>>2399018
This
>>
>>2399018
That's kind of what he did pre-shoulder injury. There was a feat of strength almost every match. It's been different since he came back though. Maybe he's just pacing himself so he doesn't pick up an injury before his next push.
>>
>>2401702
Pretty much. It was a pointless thing to do, but it's wwe after all
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.