[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest question, would we even WATCH hardcore wrestling if i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 6

File: .jpg (35KB, 406x450px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
35KB, 406x450px
Honest question, would we even WATCH hardcore wrestling if it was allowed on tv? Even if the promotion had money like WWE, could you stomach this shit for two hours weekly?

https://youtu.be/5YH6VtqjyOI
>>
Been watching czw and iwa since 2011, I love every second of it, but now days they mostly have wrestling matches and rarely any deathmatches, other than the once a year deathmatch tournament.
>>
>>2395589
I wouldn't watch much of it, but I'm sure teenage boys would enjoy it.

Well, maybe... seems like teenagers don't watch much television anymore, and when they do it's cartoons and anime.
>>
>>2395594

Im a newfag to it so forgive me asking if you could post some vids pls. The more gore the better.

Have you attended a live show before?
>>
>>2395617
Vice has a great documentary on czw and the tournament of death they hold.
>>
Watched some CZW back in the day but never got the appeal. It's just two dudes hitting each other with garbage in front of drunk idiots.
>>
>>2395634

About to watch it thanks. Hopefully they explain how many painkillers these guys take https://youtube.com/watch?v=a65Z2OZXl5U
>>
>WWE babbies afraid of a little blood
>>
>>2395589
hardcore deathmatch wrasslin is literal southern hick inbred shit.
>>
>>2395589
Nope. Trash ''wrestling'' for inbred rednecks
>>
>>2395642
iirc deathmatch wrestling originated in Puerto Rico
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>2395589
I'll just leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrK_5-OY5pU
>>
>>2395589
I understand the whole freakshow aspect of it but two hours a week would get old fast
>>
>>2395635

I think its more than just the brutal acts they do, but the emotional appeal. Roman may be liked by kids but until he is willing to sacrifice flesh and soul like Sick Nick did i doubt the crowd will ever see him more than The Rock's babyface cousin who works the whores with his handsome looks. Roman will never earn the respect guys like Ambrose did back in CZW

https://youtu.be/zXRGB-Kp9Kw
>>
>>2395589
It only looks bad in stills like this

In action hardcore wrasslin isn't that violent
>>
>>2395655

Nigger just because its a pic doesnt change the fact a fucking syringe is knifing your face.
>>
>>2395589
It's extremely hokey and fake looking in person. Way more so than typical wrestling.
>>
>>2395646

Those wrestling conditions are so fucking unsanitary, that same guy gave another opponent Hepatitis- C
>>
>>2395666

How are fucking needles dangling in your face fake looking? You Vincedrones are retarded. Every single CZW match offers more violence in 1 minute than a whole match in any WWE ppv
>>
I was actually this exact show in OP's pic. Had a great time, but haven't watched much CZW or anything hardcore since. It really is like a human demolition derby, worth seeing a few times but diminishing returns follow shortly after.
>>
>>2395661
Too violent for you, pantywaist? Maybe >>>/mlp/ is more your speed
>>
>>2395673
>>2395640

This, at least there's some fucking entertainment.
>>
>>2395681

I actually like it, Im just angry these people are willing to put their bodies on the line unlike reigns yet fags have the audacity to call CZW fake
>>
>>2395693
>thread has nothing to do with roman
>bring him up anyway even though you don't like him
RENT
FREE
>>
>>2395594
CZW is so much better this days.
>>
>>2395589
>syringes
Literally how is that related to wrestling at all? Most of the time it's just being edgy for the sake of its own brand which is why nobody can take it seriously. This shit is like the Insane Clown Posse of wrestling, probably share the same fans too.

At least ECW was genuine.
>>
>>2395709
Thumbtack Jack uses to carry them around his bag, how is a 2x4 or barbed wire baseball bat related to wrestling? what a stupid as fuck complaint.
>>
>>2395709
>ECW
>genuine

Lol ECW is to CZW what WWE was to ECW

In other words, pussyshit in comparison. Fuck off back to Roman Reigns asshole smooching you good for nothing Vincecuck.
>>
>>2395673
The needles are real, but the set up to put them in the other guys face is very hokey. There's a lot of standing and sitting around pretending to be "dazed" while the other guy awkwardly sets up the spot.
>>
>>2395709
>ECW was genuine.

You clearly haven't watched ECW if you think a promotion that had wrestlers used a KAYAK as weaponry is "genuine".
>>
>>2395728

Arent CZW matches put together spontaneously? Its not like they had the time to rehearse and train together like WWEpussyshits did
>>
>>2395693
>angry these people are willing to put their bodies on the line

Garbage wrestling aka "hardcore" wrestling is much safer than traditional wrestling. Simply running the ropes is more dangerous for your health than getting hit over the head with a fluorescent lightbulb (except for the Hep C danger).
>>
>>2395640
>don't like watching inbred redneck wrestling
>must be the blood am i rite????
Yeah it's the blood, not the fact that it's garbage.
>>
>>2395735
No, they have pre-planned spots and such like any other wrestling match.
>>
It's for literal retards and poseurs.

The same kind of delayed-onset puberty boys who listen to goregrind because they think it makes them extreme and hardcore.
>>
>>2395749
>Watches WWE
>>
>>2395735
>WWEpussyshits

90% of CZW's roster would not last through one performance center workout.
>>
>>2395752
Of course I don't watch WWE.
I'm just here for the shitpost.
>>
>>2395754
>ZZ.jpg

Also you have no idea how many current WWE guys were in CZW
>>
CZW fans are e8ther teenage boys or the most tragic adults you will ever meet. 100% purest Colombian cringe
>>
>>2395646
>get literally killed
>two count

kek
>>
Syringes doesn't really hurt as much as getting cut by glass tubes and what not. Syringe mechanism is designed so it is to sting for a moment and then your body and mind becomes accustomed to its presence almost immediately. The use of it is actually pretty smart, because it gives out a brutal imagery to audience but in reality it is not.
>>
>>2395589
this just shows the more obscure the wrestling, the more degenerate the fans

WWE already has its share of neckbeards and losers, but it only gets worse the further down you go
>>
Is he OK?
>>
>>2395962
CZW fans are classy people. You'd never see them spreading privacy-invading leaked material.
>>
File: llMt2vd.jpg (85KB, 486x500px) Image search: [Google]
llMt2vd.jpg
85KB, 486x500px
>>2396004
actually no, but thats only because he damn paralyzed himself sometime after this. He's nice and retired now. The guy he faced in the finals of this tournament is in jail for bankrobbery though. This is also from the same tournament where Dean Ambrose took that jigsaw to the forehead, the guy wielding said jigsaw is now dead.
>>
>>2396115
damn near paralyzed* I meant to say.
>>
I genuinely enjoy deathmatch wrestling but on a very limited basis. I go to KotDM each year im able to go to and i love tournament of death but im not one of those guys who will watch endless hours of it. It's too much for me after a while.
>>
>>2395737
Fluorescent tubes literally contain mercury and argon. They are not only incredibly hazardous to the rednecks who get hit with them, but also incredibly hazardous to the rednecks watching people get hit with them.

If any garbage wrestling company had any money, they'd be sued into bankruptcy by frivolous lawsuits in a heartbeat.
>>
Hardcore "wrestling" is such a late 1990s thing. There's a reason ECW died.
>>
File: HBK1.gif (2MB, 250x158px) Image search: [Google]
HBK1.gif
2MB, 250x158px
>>2396285

>There's a reason ECW died

Yeah, it was run by the one Jew on the planet who didn't treat pennies like man-hole covers
>>
All these people talking about CZW without knowledge.

Go watch some Best of the Best.
>>
i don't even consider ladder matches as real wrestling matches let alone death matches.
>>
>>2395634
>Vice

Yeah too bad they're full of cucks.
>>
>>2395646
Damn. Does CZW have nurses and doctors on payroll or do they give them a flat fee?
>>
>>2395589
if they were actually killing and maiming each other like the gladiators of old, then yeah.
>>
>>2395634

I actually watched it yesterday. It was bretty good. I personally wouldnt want to see this 2 hours a week. I prefer the flippy manlet shit over a slaughter
>>
>>2395646
>This is legal
Is it though?
>>
>>2396641
Lol. CZW, IWA-MS and BJPW do not employ doctors or nurses. There are usuIally experienced workers who help pull objects out of you, clean you up, disenfect wounds, and sometimes preform light stitching. Only if something is terribly wrong do you ever go to the hospital, and don't count on the booker to foot the bill for that.
>>
>>2396679
I remember seeing some dude close wounds up with krazy glue because he did not want to go to the hospital/couldn't afford the bill.
>>
>>2396586
if anything their documentaries are the best thing to come out of news sites
>>
>>2395589
Meh I rather just browse Bestgore.
>>
The only hardcore stuff I've watched is what gets posted on /asp/. It seems like there's a right way and a wrong way to do it.
>>2395646
That seems like the wrong way, for reasons that >>2395728 gave, as well as the usual complaint of it just being a sick lust for blood with little in the way of telling a story in the ring.

But there's a right way to do it. Some degree of proper wrestling needs to ground it in reality and there needs to be a sense that the crowd respects the sacrifices being made by the wrestlers. What >>2395654 said is pretty accurate. There's a very clear reason why Foley still gets chants to this day. I think it's shitty for a crowd to specifically demand these sacrifices from wrestlers, but true carnage can be very effective in forging a connection with audiences. No matter how hated a wrestler is or how shitty a crowd is, there's usually some sign of respect given once it's made clear that one of the performers has suffered a legitimate injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMU5S9VHhJM
Anyway, what are some must-see Necro Butcher matches? He seems genuinely insane.
>>
>>2396687
krazy glue is a commonly used wound closer when medical grade stuff isnt available. It actually kinda works and I've seen worse source:ER nurse
>>
>>2396586
(((Vice))) sold out to Rupert Murdoch back in 2013 but they're still better than most news companies out there.
>>
>>2396706
>Anyway, what are some must-see Necro Butcher matches?

That first Samoa Joe match of course
His matches with Toby Klein were great as well, especially any of their fan bring the weapons matches.

He had good matches with Corporal Robinson and Eddie Kingston. His matches with Brain Damage are good too, some seriously retarded stiff striking in those.
>>
The only hardcore wrestling I can tolerate are old school matches in Japan, ala Funk, Cactus, etc. and other Japanese wrasslers.
>>
>>2396728
>not suggesting the Super Dragon match
>>
>>2396721
>better than most
>pushes transgender propaganda involving literal children to children
>>
>>2396791
I won't argue that. They sold out in 2013, I'm sure they have a social engineering quota to fill nowadays.
>>2396728
>>2396771
Gonna look these up. Thanks.
>>
Shit like this should only be done very rarely, whether it be to blow off a major story ark, or as an annual event.

Watching deathmatch style wrestling like that on the regular would be...tiring.
>>
>>2396937
I used to think the same thing till I watched BJPW and FREEDOMS. I can watch nips kill each other all day.
>>
>>2395589
ECW ECW ECW!
>>
>>2395646
why did he sit there and let him bash metal plates into his head? why didnt he fight back?
>>
>>2397054

Because CZW cant into choreography
>>
>>2395639
Holy fuck!? For what purpose? Like, what is the end game for your career? Death?
>>
>>2397054
>>2397130
He was prone after getting the shit beaten out of him, clearly. Watch the spot in the context of the match, you morons.
>>
>>2395589
Why did he let him do that? How did he not snap in a fucking rage?
>>
>>2395589
BJW's weekly deathmatches are good, but they also do other stuff than the deathmatches.
>>
>>2397544
>other stuff

Like what? Diva shit? No thanks.
>>
>>2395686
>I hate myself so much I have to watch people hurt each other

Call your mother anon I'm sure she misses you
>>
People always point to ECW as the pinnacle of hardcore matches but hardcore matches was one small part of ECW. Yeah, you'd have New Jack and the methheads on the bottom of the card doing stupid shit. But you'd also have the best prospects and the best wrestling on the cards too.

WWE and WCW Hardcore were comedy matches.

The only time hardcore was over on a mainstream level was mid-90s Japan but that's because wrestling itself was so over that this sub-genre was over too.

I like hardcore matches but I like hardcore to be an element to the match, not the match. Watching gross trailer park trash injuring each other isn't appealing to me.
>>
>>2395644
Nah just the use of objects, sadly there's hardly any of those amazing hardcore matches nowadays.
>>
>>2396275
The tubes are gimmicked. Drained and rinsed, then filled again with something like kitchen flour.
>>
>>2396285
Hardcore wrestling is not deathmatch wrestling.
>>
>>2400313
Nope
>>
>>2400366
ROFL. You're a fucking moron. Get worked, mark.
>>
>>2400367
Wew lad
>>
>>2400366
>n-nu uh!
confirmed autistic mark, most everyone who pays attention to deathmatch wrestling knows this. i bet you think they use solid wood tables too kek
>>
>>2400366
LU did lighttube spots at Ultima Lucha.

>actually thinking El Rey would let people poison themselves and record it
>>
File: mqdefault (1).jpg (13KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault (1).jpg
13KB, 320x180px
>>2400379
So you really think these people take their time to unscrew every light tubes, pour them out, rinse them, and then pour flour back into them? You think they do that for every light tube in matches where they use literally hundreds of light tubes? You're dumb as fuck mate
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11KB, 183x276px
>>2400423
For LU, I'll believe it. For a backyard in Delaware? Nope. You think these are too? Fuck this board is full of tards
>>
>>2400436

Abdullah terrifies me. Not to mention he is disease ridden so fighting him can fuck you up
>>
I like what BJW does. Real good balance.
>>
Pretty sad a CZW One Night Stand ppv has never been considered.
>>
>>2400366
It's common knowledge, mark.
>>
>>2396586
Be that as it may, this one was relatively cuck free, the interviewer even got hit with a couple chairs
>>
>>2403916
>One Night Stand
>for a promotion that still runs

I don't think you understand the concept bud.
>>
>>2395589
a better question would be; is there a difference between Hardcore Wrestling and Garbage Wrestling?
>>
>>2405978
>hardcore wrestling
>not absolute garbage
>>
yep
wwe with out hardcore is a bore
>>
>>2395617
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a65Z2OZXl5U

take that one
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.