[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Bobby Roode actually a good wrestler? I've never seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Bobby_Roode_at_HoH_14.jpg (18KB, 220x337px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby_Roode_at_HoH_14.jpg
18KB, 220x337px
Is Bobby Roode actually a good wrestler? I've never seen his matches outside of NXT and I'm not that impressed by what I've seen so far.
>>
He's basically a Shane Douglas clone, but not as good. He had a great match with Austin Aries at Destination X 2012 and had some good/great matches from 2011-2013.
>>
>>2370454
He's a good worker and he's also pretty safe. Zero charisma as a face tho
>>
Lets just say he wasn't the hbk of his tag team
>>
>>2370471
So he was the Triple H?
>>
>>2370471
Both were the jannetties really
They were both pretty equal as far as TNA success goes.

Bobbys overrated as fuck really. Hes old now also doesnt evem have the look.
>>
>>2370467
>>2370480

I like his character and his theme in NXT, but I can't see him as a main eventer in the main roster.

He will probably get the IC or US Championship at some point though.
>>
I liked Beer Money

Some of his NXT promos are good
>>
File: bobby-roode-3.jpg (54KB, 474x315px) Image search: [Google]
bobby-roode-3.jpg
54KB, 474x315px
He's an elite-tier wrestler in the right matches and a poor man's Triple H in average matches who only ever works well as a heel in singles. He's not clicking on NXT because the writers and bookers havent figured out yet what works for him. He could be a big player on MR if handled right.
>>
>>2370496
Tbf, no one's been clicking on NXT for over a year now
>>
Roode has an old-school heel style: the kind that everybody pretends Orton has.

>>2370471
>implying Storm was

>>2370480
>Nami consistently having dogshit opinions

>>2370498
DIY? Revival?
>>
>>2370498

Billie, Peyton, 10 man and N.W. Jose did for awhile, AOP, DIY, SAY YEAH.
>>
>>2370454
No, fuck no. His bullshit long ass title reign was the start of the slump for TNA and they still haven't recovered
>>
>>2370505
>Authors of Pain

They're fucking shit and only get booed for that reason, tho.
>>
>>2370505
An assortment of Literal Whos?
>>
>>2370514
>dumbfuck memeshitter
>>
>>2370454
He's solid enough. Good on the mic though.
>>
>>2370510
>They're fucking shit

But they arent. For them to be thrust into relevantly big events and do as well as they have , with the little experience they have, is quite amazing. They fucking carried TM61 in the Dusty Classoc final and had good match against DIY in SA.

>>2370514
>Literal Whos?

Yes, it is NXT after all, buddy.
>>
>>2370532
>Authors of Pain carried guys who've been wrestling since the early 2000s

kek

>and had good match against DIY in SA.

Nope. AoP have consistently underwhelmed despite getting nothing but prime opponents.
>>
>>2370454
The HHH of TNA, but he never tore his quad.
>>
>>2370454
World Class. Very highly underrated right now, but a few years ago he was top 10 men working at the time. In 2012 he was #2 on the PWI 500 after CM Punk.
>>
>>2370454
Depends what you mean by good. He's a great hand, dependable and safe worker, but not particularly impressive in any way (be it flips or realism) He's someone you'd want in your midcard.
>>
>>2370480

I like Roode, but I would have rather seen Storm in the WWE. Some cowboy violence is hard for even Vince to fuck up.

>>2370532

AOP are dogshit. Them being thrust into big spots doesn't change that. Nia was thrust into big spots and she's worse than they are.
>>
Good hand but not great. Mostly there for character work which he's good at. He works like an old school heel but stalls WAY too long in matches. When he's in control and the match is supposed to go on for another 30 minutes it's guaranteed to be dull as fuck. Perfect for the upper midcard and occasional title holder when there's no one else role. So basically he's Triple H but way better than Triple H at everything that isn't look but still in that same tier. So, outside of cucking HHH he'll probably never be one of the top guys for long on the MR.

You can watch him against Aries or even recently against Nak and Hero, it's clear his opponents are WAY better than him in the ring but he's competent enough to hang with them.
>>
>>2370651
>the PWI 500

It's a work, brother.

>>2370658
Nia is better than Authors of Poop.
>>
>>2370664
tbf it's not like there's a not of wrestlers on the planet right now even on-par with Hero.
>>
>>2370746
*lot

fak
>>
>>2370746
It's an incredibly short list as Hero is GOAT tier in the ring by now, but when ROOOOOOOde goes up against almost any babyface that's a great worker he really feels left in the dust. Like a midcard heel the babyface beats in a competitive match after a loss so they can have momentum for the big event.
>>
>>2370758
Could work that as a meta-"undeserving" angle.

We haven't had that sort of NXT Champ since Based Bo.
>>
>>2370454
a lot of people compare him to Arn Anderson and Triple H
you have to be a fan of that type of wrestling to like it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.