[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Styles lost, clean, for the first time in a while to someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1486581805434.png (657KB, 691x691px) Image search: [Google]
1486581805434.png
657KB, 691x691px
So Styles lost, clean, for the first time in a while to someone who isn't Cena. As someone who started watching only a year ago during the Rumble, I ask you seasoned /asp/ veterans: is this being buried? Is Styles, the man who was WWE champ (seemingly most prestigious title in the company) for months and who beat Cena clean at Summer Slam (seemingly second only to Wrestlemania in terms of PPV) now relegated to losing to the likes of, say, pre-belt Kevin Owens?
>>
Who knows what's going to happen after the program with Shane? So long as he's in a main event program or featured in main story lines that he isn't being buried imo. It's like the difference between Rusev a while back and Rusev now.
>>
>>2355240
Not really.

Orton has a few clean wins over Cena himself so AJ losing to him despite beating Cena doesnt damage his credibility.

Just to point out, AJ lost clean to Owens before entering in the Cena program (Owens had a clean win over Cena too) and he still was able to do all of that 2016 run.

Its almost a given that he will beat Shane and move to the ME.

Though i will worry about him when he is drafted to RAW, THAT will indeed bury Styles.
>>
>>2355240
AJ should be able to lose, he's not god
>>
>>2355240
I really doubt it, considering how he's been booked lately. There's even a silver lining in his feud with Shane. WWE tends to only put Shane up against people whom they heavily favor: Angle, Orton, Show, DX, and most recently, Taker. I'm sure he'll still be one of SD's main attractions for the rest of his time there.
>>
File: 1484930954280.jpg (42KB, 528x644px) Image search: [Google]
1484930954280.jpg
42KB, 528x644px
>>2355247
I actually thought Rusev was one of the strongest members of the roster because he was eating low-midcarders almost weekly when I got heavily into it, but I see your point. Though after losing to Roman I don't recall him winning a match. Hell the guy lost to Sami Zayn in like 1 minute.
>>2355253
That makes 100 percent sense to me, and I share your sentiments with RAW.
>>2355256
True, I just never thought Orton of all people would do so.
>>2355264
I truly hope so. I just kinda fucking hate seeing Shane in the ring. I get he's cool to those who've been fans since they were young, but to a new adult viewer it just seems like he shoehorns himself in, shits up the match with boring lame punches and spots, and expects to be cheered for an ego boost. His Taker and Survivor Series matches were really lame.
>>
File: what.png (221KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
221KB, 300x350px
>>2355240
Not buried yet but they took the wind out of his sails for now. WWE squandered their opportunity to make AJ Styles first run with the WWE title meaningful.
>>
File: 1486590345790.jpg (86KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486590345790.jpg
86KB, 480x360px
>>2355396
In a way, I preferred leading up to belt Styles run. His champ feud with Dean was so fucking dragged out, and Dean is kinda lame in ring, so everytime he stopped Styles' offense it just dragged the match down. They also refused to actually put Styles over him even a single time. At least he got to win a 3way with B listers Ziggler and Corbin.

His matches during the Cena feud served to showcase his abilities really well, I felt. Granted, he was amazingly natural holding the belt in terms of composure and promos.
>>
>>2355240
Buried would be if he lost to Cena in a few minutes and then started jobbing to midcarders.

It took fucking 3 AA's and a super AA for Cena to actually beat AJ clean, that gives AJ one of the highest kayfabe power levels in the current WWE. And him loosing to a single RKO isn't a burial when i'm pretty sure Cena has also lost to a single RKO before, it's one of the best protected finishers in the WWE right now, since Orton usually has people reverse or avoid the move rather than kick out of it.

Basically, AJ still looks strong as fuck and is still very much in the Main Event scene. After Mania he will probably get a second title reign assuming he doesn't get put on RAW (where he would just get fed to fucking Ramen).
>>
>>2355392
>Orton of all people
You mean one of the most recognizable mainstream stars from today's WWE? A veteran and future HOF'er? No, buried would be consistently losing clean to a nobody like Corbin or even Ziggler and putting him in the midcard. Randy is a main event star in a major storyline heading into the biggest show of the year. Styles losing cleanly to him of all people is completely fine, especially because they have to make Randy look like a credible threat going into his match. "Buried' is one of the most overused terms these days and it's always an overreaction.

Also, you gotta look at the bigger picture with the Shane thing. Shane is seen as an attraction according to Vince's world, so much so that he was going to book Brock v Shane at WM. The fact that he had Styles replace him means he trusts him to work with what he considers an attraction. And Styles will make Shane look great, which Vince will probably like. It will be a fun match anyway
>>
>>2355396
>squandered

That would imply they ever gave a shit to begin with.
>>
>>2355240
I think they had Cena take the title and be a transitional champion so that AJ wouldn't have a loss against Wyatt so they are probably protecting him, at the same time Cena is leaving again so they need to build up other people.
>>
>>2355392
Orton is considered by the WWE as one of the best guys they ever had, just listen to every time the commentators or even DBryan shill him. They let Styles had a highly competitive match with him that could have gone either way. Styles even outwrestled Orton for the majority of the match, his loss was more poor luck rather than being outmatched. Vince seems to really like him too, so even if he somehow ended up on RAW, they wouldn't treat him too bad.
>>
>>2355240
He was given a title run first year in the company. He was given a clean victory over Cena at a big PPV. He's getting his own Wrestlemania storyline rather than be relegated to the midcard battle royal. If anything, the focus for styles should be what happens at and after WM with Shane
>>
>>2355645
>so even if he somehow ended up on RAW, they wouldn't treat him too bad.
Problem is that he will have a ceiling on RAW because Roman will destroy any semblance of competition.

Vince may like Styles but he LOVES Reigns.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.