[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There was a thread asking people when they started watching wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 6

File: sup vince.jpg (21KB, 165x319px) Image search: [Google]
sup vince.jpg
21KB, 165x319px
There was a thread asking people when they started watching wrestling in this board and the answers ranged from 2005-2011 so that pretty much explains why this board as a whole is so horrible and filled with underage contrarians with horrible opinions.

They literally grew up in the Cena era.

PSA: You don't know what a "draw" is if your first involvement in wrestling is in 2011

You can't complain about Roman being over-pushed if you weren't watching during Brock Lesnar's first run.
>>
cry more faggot.
>>
>>2346629
Shaemus won the world title in 6 months
>>
>>2346635
This is the kind of teenage loser who started watching in 2009
>>
>>2346629
>2005-2011

Jesus, no wonder this place is fucking cancer
>>
>>2346629
I'm over 30 here, and yes the kids can. We don't have to like how they feel but they have the right to say it. I know this is a shit troll thread, yeah, but come on.
>>
>>2346635
good discussion
>>
>>2346645
>they have the right to say it
They literally have no knowledge or authority on the matter when they started watching during the diarrhea period.
>>
>>2346650
That doesn't mean they have no right to say it. You seem to not even grasp the concept of free speech.
Man, we have to fix some things in America.

Cena's era sucked, but even if they had only watched one year they would still have the right to comment on wrestling.
>>
>2005-2011

Aaaaand /asp/ in a nutshell. Bunch of younglings who don't know their man drama.

P.S. started watching the modern wrestling product consistently in 2002. Before then, I watched a ton of VHS copies of old school events.
>>
>>2346665
cool story old man
>>
>>2346655
>Muh free speech

They can say what they want which they clearly are, I'm just putting things into perspective as to why this board is so sucky 99% of the time.
>>
>>2346629
you should be ashamed to still be watching wrestling since before the Cena era

have sex
>>
>>2346629
>tfw 23y/o and stared watching wrestling in 2015
>>
I'm 22 and I started watching in 2015
>>
>>2346670
Making fun of free speech, amazing way to sound like one of the top five retards in the world.

SAD
>>
Are you retarded? People can start watching above age for one
And if some started at 05 That'd make them roughly 18-24 depending on their age then
Do you not know math?
Regardless, maybe your just out of touch you ancient fag. Go watch some old awa mid south on the network if you want supreme oldfag wrasslin. NOBODY is Stopping you
>>
>>2346679
Finish high school first.
>>
>>2346668
I'm 21.
>>
>>2346681
>maybe your just out of touch
>your

*You're* quite literally too young to be posting here, and thanks for proving me right you thumb sucking teenage loser.
>>
>>2346683
Full of logical and intelligent comebacks. You want some ad hominem? Your argument is shit and you are a shit person. The world is actively a worse place for having you in it.
>>
File: images (74).jpg (13KB, 487x302px) Image search: [Google]
images (74).jpg
13KB, 487x302px
>>2346629
It's alright anon

I know you're seething,

Heres a hug from Daddy Vincent ..... Make you feel better :)
>>
>>2346675
>>2346676
Explains why you're all deer in headlights and seething about Goldberg beating Owens in 20 seconds.
>>
>>2346688
>Full of logical and intelligent comebacks
Coming from the guy who started name-calling cause he got exposed.

Calm down and finish high school.
>>
>>2346693
Goldberg is trash and always has been trash regardless of age.
>>
>>2346693

But I loved seeing Owens get btfo. The only thing I don't understand is why the ref started the match while Jericho's music was playing.
>>
>>2346700
>Goldberg is trash
Cause you've been watching since 2015 and know quite honestly nothing.
>>
>>2346686
Well I'm 22 so you're clearly challenged. You're clearly ancient if you care about grammar in 2017 lol nice weak ass response you triggered ass geriatric fuck.

Go blow Goldberg's dick
>>
Based Bill Goldberg making the ledditor refugee smarks fume and boil in an autistic rage
>>
>>2346705
I've been watching since the Attitude Era and Goldberg has always been trash
>>
>>2346698
But I didn't, you got incredibly BTFO and are butthurt.
>>
>>2346709
>I-m not underage guise pwomise
>Can barely use basic grammar
>Typing like a literal high schooler
>Ad hominems
>No logical arguments or reasoning
>k-k-kill yourself
>your a fag xD

Read the OP again as to why "people" like you are what make this cesspool what it is. At least before Hiromoot opened the floodgates for you underage gremlins the board wasn't filled with literal toddlers crying about a wrestler that they were never alive to see.

When Goldberg was at his peak you were still in your dad's nutsack.
>>
>>2346705
Goldberg has always been trash in the ring. Did he have Charisma and Style and pretty much save WCW for a while? Yes. He was a huge, popular draw. His ring work was still ass. 18+ kiddo, go watch some old WCW.
>>
>>2346709
>You're clearly ancient if you care about grammar in 2017

Anyone who uses current year to justify their stupidity should be spiked on their head.
>>
>>2346733

You just said you started watching in 2015, you don't know what you're saying, you're just parroting what you've read here from other underage losers like yourself.
>>
>>2346727
>literally has 100+ squash matches with jobbers

>peak
>>
>>2346740
>not getting the hype
>>
>>2346727
*shrugs*
Whatever you've clearly got deep seeded issues you need to work out
>>
Seek friends
>>
>>2346750
>*shrugs*

Why even bother replying?
>>
>>2346629
>oldfag whining

You're out of touch, WWE is not for you. You don't spend money on the WWE product.

Why are you posting on 4chan anyway? You're supposed to have a family by now, you're supposed to have a full time job. You're supposed to be earning shekels to buy Roman Reigns and Bayley t-shirts for your (mixed race) step-son.
>>
>>2346761

Don't you have an Algebra test you should be studying for Timmy?
>>
>>2346629
>SEETHING
>>
>>2346763
Is this really the best you've got?
Why bother replying indeed
>>
>>2346781

Shouldn't you be getting ready to ask Cindy out for prom Tommy? Or you finna think she's gonna say no again?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170308-143929.png (456KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170308-143929.png
456KB, 720x1280px
This captcha must be for OP
>>
>>2346804

Yeah being 25 makes me a senior citizen among 17 year olds for sure.
>>
>>2346800
You suck it this, even though I'm not that guy, you suck at this.
>>
>>2346812
Tobey, when are ye gonna make a move on that Anne girl in your class?
>>
>>2346812
>You suck it this
>it
You okay?
>>
So what you're saying is you don't know shit about wrestling either cuz you're barely two years older than me
The state if this fucking retard
Must be feed me moron without his gay ass trip
>>
>>2346800
Oh, finna hey finna there finna Carter, finna should've finna known finna it finna was finna your finna faggot finna ass finna
>>
>>2346665
Ya same here man, while i didn't watch a lot of the attitude era live shit I probably watched all of the ppvs twice and watched all of the ruthless aggression era
>>
>>2346817
I'm saying you don't know a damn thing about wrestling cause you admitted to starting watching in 2015.

Do you have a goldfish memory or something?
>>
all these retarded cancerous smarks killing what once was good
>>
Started watching in 98, was 5 at the time. Yes, that means I grew up watching the attitude era. Does that mean I think it is the best era? No I do not, going back and watching it and it obviously isn't as good as people remember. But the attitude era does hold a special place with me because it is what introduced me to pro wrestling.

Stopped watching around around 08, so I missed all the WWECW and early NXT stuff. Basically watched it from 1998 to 2008 non stop. Summer of punk got my interest and so did the pipe bomb but started watching again from '13 and have since.
>>
>>2346816
You are terrible at this.
>>
>>2346845
Wrong guy actually, I started in 04-05, never even once stated I started in '15
You're looking for fella who said you suck it this
>>
>all these faggot kids who started watching around 2005

No wonder you retards think the brand split is a good idea
>>
File: 1487088745246.jpg (112KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
1487088745246.jpg
112KB, 640x383px
>>2346629
The question was when did we start watching WWE. I watched WCW until they went out of business then quit watching wrestling until 2013. I only watch the big 4 ppvs though
>>
Where my WCW marks at? I was born in 1989 and started watching in 1997.
>>
>>2346873
Retarded OP tried to use his goldfish memory and revisionist history to meme people and got BTFO
>>
>>2346876
This is you huh? >>2346676
>>
>>2346888
No, actually keep trying tho
>>
>>2346629
My first memories of wrestling were booker t vs chris benoit best of 7 in wcw and undertaker vs mankind hell in a cell. Both of these were in 98 so I was 4 years old.
>>
>>2346645
They can like what they want, the problem is they are stupid marks who don't even know what they like. Ziggler is a perfect example, he was a smark favourite a few years ago but now nobody gives a fuck. Why? Because he's shit, and it took the retards a while to realise they don't actually like him.
>>
>>2346900
>booker t vs chris benoit best of 7 in wcw
Good shit. Made me a fan of both of them
>>
>>2346907
Both of those dudes were instantly my favorites. I stopped watching in 07 after Benoit killed his family and didn't start back up until after Seth killed Sting in 15. Also watching original tna in like 04 was a cool memory.
>>
Started watching wrestling again and browsing /asp/ just couple days ago because of Goldberg.
>>
>>2346629
Cry more faggot
>>
>>2346629
No wonder they think that Cena's not bad. They think his repetitive promos, annoyingly loud match calling, shitty workrate, and illogical selling are all somehow a good thing.

>You can't complain about Roman being over-pushed if you weren't watching during Brock Lesnar's first run.
>RA era Lesnar
>Protected anywhere near as long as Roman
>Comparing not even two full years of not even that much protection that Brock got back to the ridiculous level of protection Roman has had for four, almost five years now
>>
>>2346937
Heard you the first time you thumb sucking teenager >>2346635
>>
>>2346943

I had no idea Roman main-evented mania in his first year after collecting wins over Taker, Hogan, The Rock, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle etc. etc.
>>
>>2346944
Lel wasn't even me the first time, keep trying fag
>>
>>2346635
>>2346937
>>2346962
>using the f-word as an insult

Don't cut yourself on all that edge
>>
>>2346968
>being an sjw faggot
>don't cut yourself with all that faggot
>you're gay
>>
>>2346968
suck a dick faggot
>>
>>2346962

You're clearly upset. Did my post strike a nerve cause it resonates with you?
>>
>>2346981
What? You said don't use a word as an insult lol how does that strike a nerve?

That one guy was right you're fucking terrible at this LMAO
>>
>You're clearly upset. Did my post strike a nerve cause it resonates with you?

This entire thread is you being a triggered Pussy over some posts, I think OP has legitimate unchecked brain trauma, his goldfish memory is showing again

F A C T U A L L Y
D E S T R O Y E D
>>
>>2346985

That was someone else. I'm wondering why you told me to keep crying if my post didn't resonate with you.
>>
>>2346990
What's wrong with you?
You type like someone who is on 10 kinds of medication. Especially the end there.
>>
>>2346968

>"f-word"

HOLY. FUCKING. CRINGE. Go back to wherever you came from and stay there
>>
>>2346946
>implying Roman hasn't beaten his generation's equivalent of such stars as well while also main eventing the first WM he did as a solo competitor AND doing two MEs in a row
Not to mention that Lesnar stopped being anywhere near as protected once he had a face turn and particularly after Wrestlemania XIX.
>>
>>2347075
>Roman hasn't beaten his generation's equivalent of such stars

Could you perhaps list them?

Roman hasn't beaten Cena or Taker (yet, probably won't imo) so go ahead and list who the generation equivalents of all those guys are.

I'll wait.
>>
>>2347080
What big names has he beaten anyways?

I can only think of Styles, Orton, Big Show
>>
>>2347120

Everyone has beaten Big Show.

>Orton
>Styles

Pfft.
>>
I was watching WWF in 1991...
>>
File: 1484760217794.png (153KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
1484760217794.png
153KB, 424x318px
Started watching wrestling in 2012, ask me anything
>>
Was Lesnar pushed hard? Yes.

Did he deserve it?

Consider this, the Lesnar show in 2002-3 was Smackdown and it was squashing the Haitch/HBGay/WCW flops show Raw.

And yeah NeetHammer grew up in the Cena era, Carter is even younger and that's 50% of the posts of the board.
>>
>>2347080
As The Shield: Big Show, Chris Jericho, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, CM Punk, Kane, Randy Orton, Ryback, Mark Henry, Sheamus, The Wyatt Family and The Undertaker.

As solo first year: Orton, Bryan, Big Show, and almost current Lesnar (this is a higher feat than anything Lesnar did back then.)

Comparatively, Lesnar beat very weak incarnations of Hogan and Undertaker, with his only real threat in his first year being Angle and maybe Big Show. The Rock doesn't even count as that wasn't even a clean win. And that's the biggest difference in terms of Lesnar's first year is that since Lesnar wasn't face, there were dirty wins for Lesnar until Heyman betrays him.
>>
>>2346629

How can anyone be a fan of this shitty company if they didn't grow up in the Attitude Era?
>>
>>2347147
Who are your top 5 favourite wrestlers?
>>
>>2347196
Current or of all time?
>>
>>2347200
Both
>>
>>2347171
>As The Shield

My goodness you're pathetic.

>Daniel Bryan and Big Show who has lost to everyone is on the same tier as beating Taker three times and Kurt Angle

You're an idiot. Don't even bother responding. Didn't read the rest of your trash post.
>>
>>2347171
>The Rock doesn't even count as that wasn't even a clean win

Bullshit. He beat him clean and in a glorified squash match
>>
>>2347171
>The Rock doesn't even count cause it wasn't a clean win

It was clean as a whistle you underage turd.
>>
>>2347203
I guess all promotions count, in that case

Current:
>Pentagon Jr
>Johnny Mundo
>AJ Styles
>Luke Harper
>Neville

Of all time:
>RVD
>Steve Austin
>AJ Styles
>Pentagon Jr
>Kurt Angle

I watched a lot of matches on jewtube before WWE Network started. LU right now is my favourite promotion.
>>
>>2347222

Pentagon Jr is amazing.
>>
>>2346629
I started watching during the New Generation when Yokozuna beat Hogan, brother
>>
>>2347228
Yeah. I'm a bit concerned with the whole AAA situation though, if he completely loses all the look, catchphrase, mask and name then I have a bad feeling about the rest of his career.
>>
you wrestling fags are truly pathetic..
>>
>>2347241

Yes
>>
>>2347241
We certainly are.
>>
>>2346629
>tfw started watching wrestling right after he Monday night wars. Just end me
>>
>>2347207
>Didn't read the rest of your trash post.
Huh, no wonder you sperged out like an autist who doesn't understand context. Also you didn't fucking watch back then if you think beating American Fatass/Big Evil Taker is anywhere near the level of beating a legit top card wrestler like Bryan or Orton.

>>2347208
>>2347213
>16 minute match
>more than one finisher done on each wrestler (even if the one done on The Rock was his own Rock Bottom)
>Paul Heyman interference
>clean as a whistle
>glorified squash match
Please, continue to show how you guys didn't actually watch at all.

My guess with you guys is that you guys are secretly Fedoramen apologists, thus why you guys are getting so triggered by this discussion instead of having it civilly.
>>
>>2347412

Okay I lied, I read the rest of your trash post after hitting submit but the sheer fact you had to scrap so deep in the barrel you had to include Shield matches goes to show how moronic you are.

>Roman has beaten this generation's equivalent of such stars
>legit top card wrestler like Bryan or Orton.

Let's review this again:

Brock beat Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Undertaker (3 times), Chris Benoit

These guys were already icons of past generations and were still being booked strongly.

Your retort to this is listing Big Show, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus and Randy Orton(who has a clean loss to Kofi), and you expect to be taken seriously?

Legitimately what is wrong with you? Rather how old are you? Since the theme of this thread is discussing how spergs who started watching wrestling recently think they know so much when they know nothing.
>>
I used to go to the Dallas Sportatorium and the Mid South Colosseum before y'all faggots were a stain in your daddy's skidmarked underwear.

Go shove all the non existent dimes AJ Styles drew up your ass and whistle Dixie. Don't even reply to this, you'll only embarrass yourself
>>
>>2347432
>but the sheer fact you had to scrap so deep in the barrel you had to include Shield matches goes to show how moronic you are.
Or perhaps if you had been following this whole thing, it is implied that the main thing being compared his Reigns' protection, which had started from The Shield, and that even without those he comes off looking far more protected in his first year than Brock does. Either you are actually not as old as you purport yourself to be to have watched all this old stuff, or you're just this dumb.

>these guys were already icons of past generations
Yes

>were still being booked strongly
Nnnnnnoooooo. Only The Rock and Angle of the two you mentioned were on the top of the card.

>Your retort to this is listing Big Show, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus and Randy Orton(who has a clean loss to Kofi), and you expect to be taken seriously?
Their collective places on the card (meaning showing their power level) is MUCH higher than the wrestlers listed above them. They are not as popular, not as legendary, not as big draws, but that is NOT what matters here. Randy lost clean to Kofi in early January when they were still trying to push the chickenshit heel thing. August, post-Daniel Bryan injury Randy's a different story.
>>
>>2347488
>Seriously trying to argue Big Show, Daniel Bryan and Sheamus are much better people to beat than The Rock, Kurt Angle, Undertaker

I'd rather read "SEETHING" from the obese Canadian who is here all day than a wall of text from someone who is this intentionally dense.
>>
>>2347728
>resorting to trolling and shit talking since he knows actual facts don't back him up
Lmao.
>>
>>2347488
>Their collective places on the card (meaning showing their power level) is MUCH higher than the wrestlers listed above them.
This is what smarks actually believe
>>
>>2347437
cringe
>>
I started watching id say in 1995, so when i was 6. Sting was my fav, but i like nwo as well. I was also a fan of raven. I was definitely a WcW kid.
>>
>>2347922
>guys that spend quite a bit of time in the upper card are LESS powerful than a bunch of guys in the mid card and one guy in the upper card
Yeah sure, keep believing that
>>
>>2346761
>You don't spend money on the WWE product.

wtf? who do you think is buying all the travel packages to wherever Wrestlemania/name your PPV and is buying the expensive ringside seats? I agree that older fans aren't always right but to say they don't spend money on WWE is patently false.
>>
>>2346639
Is it better to be a teenage loser or an adult loser?
>>
>>2347902

Beating Big Show and Daniel Bryan is not the same as beating The Rock and Undertaker in 2002 you enormous dummy.

Literally who hasn't beaten Big Show? Even Cody Rhodes beat him at mania. Just shut it
>>
>>2346629
>>
>>2348069
adult loser if you actually had sex as a teenager

teenage losers normally become adult losers anyway
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.