[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can objectively understand most of the booking decisions in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1429317608294.gif (2MB, 161x149px) Image search: [Google]
1429317608294.gif
2MB, 161x149px
I can objectively understand most of the booking decisions in that match (women's match aside, that was a completely bonkers finish), but I'm still just left with a really hollow, unsatisfied feeling from that PPV that I can't explain.

Like, it just wasn't fun. I dunno how else to put it.

Cruiserweight matches aside, they were both really good.
>>
That's the feeling of getting worked.
>>
based cruiserweights owning the show
>>
None of it made any sense lmao.
>>
>>2334933
Most of it did or at least it did if you think about it in a certain way. The only one that's really "what the fuck were they thinking" was Bayley/Charlotte.
>>
>>2334863
Raw sucks
>>
I'd be fine with that Owens and Goldberg match if they rang the bell, then KO did that shit where he trolled Goldberg. Or ring the bell, then let them stare at each other for just 5 fucking seconds before Jericho's music hits.

Like, the entire reason they didnt ring the bell was because neither was ready and squared off.

Jericho's music hits, KO is distracted, THEN they decide to ring the bell??? When the FUCK has that ever been okay?

This better be part of the storyline, like, Steph firing Foley for that shit or something, because that was bullshit.
>>
>>2334863
Most of the show was a boring mess.

You had a fucking Jinder Mahal match on a PPV for no reason because Raw can barely fill 3 hours without commercial breaks.
>>
>>2334972
Yeah that's my main problem with Owens/Goldberg, the ref ringing the bell while Owens is staring at the ramp IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMEONE'S MUSIC.

And like, they're gonna try and play it off as Owens getting his just desserts for fucking around so much except that makes no sense? If they'd rung the bell, then he rolled out, that'd be fine as a story but as is, it's just disjointed as shit.
>>
>>2334980
This whole Oldberg/Brick thing is fucking trash.
>>
>>2334980
I agree 100%, I like the booking, but it didn't like how it was played out, how is that a real distraction, why didn't the match last at least 10 minutes, it kinda sucked, I hope we get to see a real match at wrestlemania at least
>>
>>2335120
Oldberg retains at Mania. Roman will beat him at SummerSlam.
>>
I'm not even mad that Owens lost the title. He had a good 1/2year run and it had to end sometime.

I'm not mad Goldberg won. I'm not a huge fan of nostalgia acts but I understand that this is a business first and foremost. Vince obviously sees money in putting the belt on Goldberg and who am I to say that he's wrong?

What pisses me off is that the match wasn't even about either of those two men. That could have been Rhyno vs Bo Dallas and things could play out exactly the same. That match was just more authority bullshit. Along with women's match, Fastlane turned out to simply be Stephanie vs Mick Foley. Fuck the wrestlers and fuck the Galaga Championship. This is all about another shitty McMahon on an ego trip.

(1/2)
>>
>>2335218
The fallout on Raw is going to be all about how Mick failed to protect the legitimacy of the two belts. Goldberg, Owens, Charlotte, and Bayley are all afterthoughts in this and it buries all four of them (not really buried, but compared to the potential all four of them had). Goldberg just looks like a carnival act hired on to fill a blank space in a script, like he could leave the company tomorrow and they'd just put Nash in his place and pretend nothing happen. Especially since his win now has an asterisk next to it saying he only won by distraction, which is a fucking pointless blemish to give his title win since they easily could have had him win clean. They obviously don't care about the quality of Goldberg's last title run, they just care about the fact that it's happening and can draw a couple dimes. Owens looks like his personal life in the locker room matters to him more than what is supposed to be the industry's most important belt. Bayley looks like a cheating bitch who only thinks she's a good person. Charlotte might actually have come out looking better than before if I had any confidence that she could do a good face run going forward but she sucks as a face.

All of these people look worse than they did last week and it's all so that Stephanie can continue her own childhood dream author-insert fanfiction with Mick Foley. Meanwhile on Smackdown Shane is possibly robbing AJ Styles of a main event. You're goddamn right I'm seething.
>>
>>2335218
I don't like Steph or Foley either, but I really don't get where you're coming from.
>>
>>2335226
The multiple segments cutting back to Foley talking to Steph on the answering machine. The fact that Steph explitcitly told Mick not to let anything happen that would question the legitimacy of the Women's Championship or the Universal Championship. The fact that that's exactly what happened in regards to both of the belts. This ppv wasn't about either title feud, it was all about the Foley/Steph feud.
>>
File: 1372995299035.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1372995299035.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
What was so bad about it? I think I watched the Zayn match, bits of the Cruiserweight, Reigns and Beeg and the main event

It wasn't great but it didn't seem any worse than usual honestly. I thought for RAW PPV standards it was actually decent. The matches I did tune in to weren't absolutely terrible, more effort into them than the average RAW anyway.

Don't really understand why people are calling this one of the worst PPV's ever
>>
>>2334948
Yes because roman going over clean made so much fucking sense.
>>
>>2335281
Joe vs Zayn was great, it just needed to be longer. I'm relieved Enzo & Cass didn't pick up the tag titles. I'm excited to have confirmation Austin Aries is finally ready to wrestle. Neville vs Jack was great. Roman vs Strowman was great.

I enjoyed most of it. But Nia vs Sasha ended the wrong way. The women and universal matches had screwy finishes too and I hate having to wait until Raw after a ppv for storylines to actually progress/end.
>>
>>2335317
Joe vs Zayn sucked balls
>>
>>2335323
Find a flaw. Joe's strikes looked great. Zayn's selling looked great. Joe dominated enough to look strong and Zayn fought back enough to not look like as much of a joke as he did against Braun.
>>
>>2334863
The whole thing was bollocks aside from Jack Vs. Neville.
It's now 6.20am and I'm still not drunk enough to get over how shit that PPV was.
>>
>Sheamus didn't wrestle
>None of the new day wrestled
>Some of their better cruiserweights didn't wrestle
>Shining Stars didn't wrestle
>Finn Balor is cleared and didn't even appear
>Goldust didn't wrestle
>Jinder got an impossibly long match
>Big Show vs Rusev went forever
>All those talking segments teasing Steph doing something but she just doesn't appear
>Heyman all but says Brock is there but Brock doesn't show
>no GONG in the Roman match

What the fuck was this PPV even how can you utilize your talent this poorly
>>
Stay worked dude
>>
>>2335376
Are you saying WWE intentionally worked me into...not enjoying their show?

What?
>>
>>2335346
>What the fuck was this PPV

It was an episode of RAM with a few extra title shots.
>>
>>2335346
>>Heyman all but says Brock is there but Brock doesn't show
>>no GONG in the Roman match
The most predictable shit ever. Vince how could you
>>
>>2334948
Beating Strowman... at a nothing show like FASTLANE made sense? Not Wrestlemania, or Summer Slam, but Fastlane. No. Credit where it's due though, Roman got a great match out of him.

Nia Jax is a very inexperienced wrestler. The only thing going for her is she had been booked strong. Now she's lost and we're supposed to care that she's in a 4 way women's title match at Wrestlemania?

On Raw they fucked up having Bayley win her first title at Wrestlemania. Now at Fastlane they fucked up Charlottes streak by ending it meaninglessly. Why am I supposed to care about any more Bayley vs Charlotte matches? And good job not making Bayley the female Cena because of incompetent booking. She's less over every week. Just give the belt back to Charlotte.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.