[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Try to ignore for a moment the fact that we know it turned out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: rocky_maivia_by_mr_igfx-d7hohis.jpg (83KB, 622x722px) Image search: [Google]
rocky_maivia_by_mr_igfx-d7hohis.jpg
83KB, 622x722px
Try to ignore for a moment the fact that we know it turned out well.

Would you have turned Rocky heel in '97?

Despite the popular myth that he was heavily unpopular he was only booed at the really smart crowds like Wrestlemania and the Rumble. Fans didn't particularly hate him, they were just underwhelmed by him. Does it really make sense to turn your best prospect and demote him to a race based jobber stable, just because a bunch of neckbeard smarks started bitching? Why not just give the dude time to find his feet as a baby?
>>
Because the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing and expecting a different result
>>
>>2304572
Based Vaas
>>
If I saw the swagger of "The Rock" backstage then yeah absolutely you try to bring that out.

If not, I would have tried to single out some core things that worked with the Rocky character and find him a good rival that brought that out. Which happened later on anyway.

>NON MEME ANSWER ON /ASP/
>>
>>2304558
>jobber stable

What?
>>
>>2304572
literally not the definition of insanity
>>
File: Capture.jpg (37KB, 569x308px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
37KB, 569x308px
>>2304572
>yfw
>>
Based Rocky Maivia Working The Smarks.

2 years later:
WCW acquires WWF

Great bait OP anyway.
>>
Yeah. Two reasons. Rocky Maivia was a faggot character who would never get over (literally Apollo Crews in some aspects) and you can't force the fans to like someone. Would I expect him to have been as good as he would be? Fuck no, but I know that putting him with a gimmick and role that he sucked at would be helping no one. I'm basically paying this guy to suck at his job.
>>
File: Roman_Reigns.0.jpg (36KB, 599x503px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Reigns.0.jpg
36KB, 599x503px
>>2304572

MFW
>>
>>2304558
>race based jobber stable
You are remembering shit incorrectly. When he joined Farooq was working with Undertaker and had shots at the title
>>
>>2306407
>2 years later
4 years later
>>
If rocky went heel and never became too big that would have been ideal because then we wouldn't have 143 obese Samoans shitting up the main roster
>>
>>2304572
Get out of here with that old wives tale sloganeering bullshit.
>>
>>2305731
>extreme foolishness or irrationality
eg: doing the same thing and expecting different results
>>
>>2304558
Yeah, why not? Not like he was a draw. What's the worst that can happen if you accidently ruin his career.
>>
>>2304558
>Fans didn't particularly hate him,

DIE ROCKY DIE

>Does it really make sense to turn your best prospect and demote him to a race based jobber stable,

Nation weren't jobbers.

18+ dumb Romannetty apologist
>>
>>2304558
>>2307833
>we
>>
>>2304558
Yes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.