[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it ever return as a full blown ppv? The shows were usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5266.jpg (17KB, 308x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5266.jpg
17KB, 308x200px
Will it ever return as a full blown ppv?

The shows were usually memorable and created new stars overnight. Also made the bracket matches leading up to the ppv meaningful.
>>
Vince hates tournaments.
>>
This should be RAWs MITB
>>
>>2300990
Everyone who won it in the last ten years has been buried by the awful "king" gimmick. I say good riddance.
>>
>>2301074
>WWE hasn't done something right
>so they shouldn't try it ever again

By this logic they should never put on shows at all.
>>
>>2301086
>its a proven way to bury talent
>lets do it again
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>2301093
Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Steve Austin
Triple H
Kurt Angle
Edge
Brock Lesnar
King Booker
Sheamus

What did (you) mean by this?
>>
>>2301116
>in the last 10 years
>king sheamus didn't completely destroy any credibility he had
What did (((you))) mean by this?
>>
>>2301093
>>proven way to bury talent
>>let's do it again
So, like 3/4ths of the product should be cut.
>>
>>2300990
I hope it doesn't come back, last one was total shit. It has no meaning now.
>>
nope 'carder killed it in 2002
>>
>>2300990
Here are the participants of the last KotR in 2015:
>Professional jobber Dolph Ziggler
>Comic relief jobber R-Truth
>Fucking Stardust
>Bad News Barrett, whose win and subsequent gimmick change would ruin his career
>Deanetty
>Lost in the the midcard shuffle Sheamus
>Pre-Crisis Mighty Mouse
>Henchmen jobber to a jobber Luke Harper
It's hard to make someone care about a tournament with a line-up like that. Maybe they should make the King of the Ring tournament like the Royal Rumble to Summerslam, whoever wins it gets a spot on the main event of Summerslam, ditch the whole coronation and king gimmick and throw some real ass big names in there.
>>
>>2301074
>Everyone in the last 10 years
>Booker T won the World Title and was main eventing PPVs

18+
>>
>>2301840
King of the Ring 2006 wasn't in the last 10 years by 9 months, my guy.
>>
>>2300990
Carder killed it
>>
King of the Ring prize should be one chance to manipulate the Royal Rumble drawing.
>>
>>2300990

Sales prove that audiences don't like mystery main events.
>>
Was replaced by MITB.

Personally I think there should be a tournament by default every time a title is vacated. We would have had 2 in the last few months;
>Intergalactic Title after Finn Memer botched himself outta the company
>Women's Blue Title after the black butt-implant stripper botched herself outta the company

Last tournament we had was Roman finally winning and then losing it straight away when Sheamus cashed in. That was a good PPV.
>>
>>2301850
After Booker, I only recall William Regal, Sheamus and Barret. In that order.

Holy shit the last 3 KotR winners were all Europeans.
>>
>>2301939
>WrestleMania 30

The KOTR Finals are usually never the main event anyway,
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.