[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the top star of the Golden Era after Hogan? Warrior?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: warriormach.jpg (20KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
warriormach.jpg
20KB, 300x276px
Who was the top star of the Golden Era after Hogan?

Warrior? Savage? Andre? I want to say Savage but don't know how big Warrior was for his short run
>>
>>2298758
Warrior was to Hogan what Reigns is to Cena, he was THE GUY. Except, instead of being forced into the spotlight, he shone there, and instead of trying to fill the void of an aging Cena, he was trying to fill a hole Hogan hadn't yet made because he was still politicking up the joint burying everyone like HHH could only dream of.

And HE. STILL. WENT. OVER.
>>
>>2298765
I don't know, I've heard for years that Warriors title run was a flop and it did terrible business. Again, I don't know much about his run so I'm just repeating what I heard
>>
>>2298768
Just like Romans run.
>>
>>2298758
>Who was the top star of the Golden Era after Hogan?

Objectively Piper. The guy cross between Jericho and Benoit.
>>
>>2298773
You mean people just repeating what they heard forming an echo chamber without actually knowing anything themselves?

Sounds about right.
>>
>>2298768
two things happened one, Hogan losing to Warrior made Hogan, his popularity within the WWF exploded

and the other reason that Warrior's title run stunk because they elevated Rick Rude to the top heel position a guy Warrior had beaten like 100 times in a row throughout 1989 then afterward it was just Andre, Macho King and all the guys Hogan had beat during his run.

also Warrior ran into a buzzsaw with Slaughter, no one had heat like that ever in WWF, the change had to be made to get 80,000 people in LA to see Slaughter get killed
>>
Consider this:
-Hogan refused to face Savage, out of fear to get booed out of the building and created the ''Megapowers'' angle.

-Hogan accepted to job to Warrior and it didn't hurt his popularity by a bit.

You know who the draw is..
>>
>>2299104
they literally have to move WM 8 from the LA Coliseum to a basketball arena because Hogan/Slaughter didn't draw

18+
>>
File: 1472935623877.jpg (496KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472935623877.jpg
496KB, 900x900px
>>2298774
This
>>
>>2298758
I always assumed the consensus was Macho Man

Tons of total casuals/non-wrestling fans still know him to this day. He was damn good at pretty much every aspect of the business, and pretty much the only bad thing anyone ever says about him is that he did a ton of blow and fucked Stephanie
>>
>>2298758

Flair.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.