[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you been to a wrestling match irl /asp/? How was it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: SPWM1114001R.jpg (376KB, 1284x722px) Image search: [Google]
SPWM1114001R.jpg
376KB, 1284x722px
Have you been to a wrestling match irl /asp/?

How was it? Any stories?
>>
I went to a house show in the late 90s with Austin vs HHH in the main event. There was lots of drunk fights everywhere, even HHH and Austin got distracted by them
>>
>>2295810
When TNA was just starting out in 2002 and based in Nashville we went down for a show. It was The Amazing Red's debut and we mercilessly mocked him the whole match by calling him CarrotTop.

We were drunk assholes.
>>
>>2295810
Gonna need my glasses and binoculars if the ring looks like that from the top row.
>>
>>2295810
WK11
Dont regret it.
>>
Went to a few in the attitude era. My friends and I started the Shane's a pussy chant but you guys won't belive me.
Went to No Way Out Raw and Smackdown last October with coworkers. It was fun a fuck. And we are going to payback in April.
>>
>>2295810
Smackdown came to my town
It was my first one. Fun as hell.

Met Mauro after the show. He was nice
>>
went to wrestle kingdom 9 bc im a dirty foreigner
>>
Went to a WCW house show in 2000. Never been to another wrestling show since.
>>
yes, its fun.

When I was in my pre-teens in hawaii circa 1980 - every match was a blood match - no hard barriers, guys would fight in the crowd all the time. sweat blood all landed on you and the fans would sometimes try to fight the wrestlers. All the classics, wild samoans, king tonga/meng, rocky johnson (rocks dad), the maivias, kevin sullivan, the 2 superflys (the flip one and the murderer), saw king kong bundy, Hulk hogan, andre, harley race, dusty, the von erichs all live. Too bad thats not the way it is anymore

If you can see a local act i say go - you'll be able to meet the dudes i believe. There's also a midget wrestling tour going on as well.

as far as wwe - went to WM19 in seattle and saw goldbergs wwe debut the following night on raw. Ive seen some house shows feaqturing SCSA and a few other raws.

The best thing to do is if you are going to WWE ask yourself if you want to see the story show or if you want to go a house show.

House shows arent that bad and you can get tickets way closer than any Ram or SDL.

In general if youve never seen wrestling live it makes you appreciate what you see on TV. If you can go to a PPV/Event its actually better provided you can get good seats.
>>
NXT Takeover London + the NXT shows at Download Festival(a rock/metal festival for you non-UK folks).
Also went to a couple of local promotions.

It's great fun. I'm going to see both RAW and Smacky when they come around to London again in May.
>>
>>2295862

No idea why would even go watch if you are high up in a football stadium.

Concerts in football stadiums are shit too unless you get general admission.
>>
regional promotion with some good talent
big main event had Rey Misterio and some guys from Lucha Underground, it was a small crowd but we managed to get some nice noise going. I went without a lot of cash so I couldn't get my Rey mask and some sweet t-shirts. I still feel bad about that.
>>
last two wrestle kingdoms

I live in nipland and have a nip wife with a half nip family

I was hoping it would be like being a black dude married to a white chick in the US, but it isn't, her family and the neighbors dont care that much
>>
I worked security at Wrestlemania 3. Alright overall, Hogan seemed kinda self absorbed but that's not news these days. Ricky was a great guy.

Worst memory though was this little baby someone brought with them. Fucker pissed all over me and shat on the floor and when I told the mom to take them to a restroom instead of making a mess everywhere she said that I couldn't talk about her sweet Colby like that.
>>
Me and my family were lucky enough to win backstage tickets to an event. I went with my dad and sister. Many of the guys there were really cool, Dolph Zigler, Cena, Roman, The Miz, AJ Styles.. But Seth Rollins creepy ass hit on my sister! At first I thought he was just kidding around but he kept saying something about coming to his hotel room after the show. My dad threatened to call the police and he ran off. After the show was over a man in a suit came up to us and offered us a couple free T-shirts; Roman, Cena, Ambrose, and a free Network subscription for 6 months. Told us to never tell anybody about what happened.
>>
been to nxt, going to SDL in april. used to go to a lot of iwa mid south stuff when i had the free time. the crowds are always different. Local shows tend to have better crowds bc its all people who know each other and want to actually enjoy what they are watching instead of getting themselves over. NXT house show was ok, a mixed bag of assholes trying to start idiot chants (someone tried for 3 minutes straight to get a diarrhea chant at daria or whatever the mma chick's name is despite literally only him and his fat drunk friend chanting it.) and i havent been to a wwe event since i was a wee babby and got to watch benoit wrestle in anaheim.
>>
I remember my first time going to a wrestling match live, it was in a local bingo hall

There was this guy who tried to do a moonsault but at the moment he made the jump, he crashed in the roof and made a hole and since it was an old ass building, the hole got bigger and the roof started to collapse.

The show had to be cancelled and we didn't got a refund, but it was still fun
>>
>>2296002
living the dream my man
>>
I went to a random smackdown like 2 years ago. Filled with kids, made me feel awkward.
>>
I went to a Smackdown taping in like 2000-2001 maybe. I remember the Sunday Night Heat taping had Lesnar squash some jobber name "H2O" Waterman or something. It ended with Austin and The Rock getting beat down, with the dark match having the two of them squashing Big Show and Big Boss Man. It was fun.
>>
Went to a SDL taping in Detroit last December. Was fun.

The dark matches were actually better than anything that was taped. Rhyno got the biggest pop of the night and he was in a fucking dark match against the Vaudvillains.

Another dark match had the Wyatts and Miz vs Ambrose and AA. The Miz was really into it with the crowd and was getting a real reaction.

Was lots of fun.
>>
>>2295810
I went to an NXT show last June. Great time. Got to see Revival vs AA
>>
Old fucker here. Saw Sam Houston win a tournament for the Central States title and a bunkhouse stampede on the same card. Also saw Starcade 90 Sting vs Black Scorpion in a cage all this as a kid, of course. My old man fucking HATED WWE pre-attitude era, but somehow managed to score free tickets to some summerslam in the late 80's and decided "fuck it, it's free. Ultimate Warrior took on Undertaker in a casket match, can't remember much else. Saw a Nitro once, but can't remember much because 97-2000 is sort of a blur for me. Have many fond memories of a local indy promotion that gave the world Matt Sydal. Definitely had the best times at the local indy fed. Shit was nuts.
>>
I went to a WWF event back in 98 or 99 in San Diego.

I only remember 2 things:

-Scotty 2 Hotty falling off the side of the ring and I missed it
-the main event being HHH v. Kane
>>
File: nashlol.jpg (34KB, 501x562px) Image search: [Google]
nashlol.jpg
34KB, 501x562px
>>2295942
>he was a HUGE dude
>like 5'6
does not compute
>>
>>2296136
My sides
>>
Yes, went to a house show this year on SB Sunday, it was a small venue that wasn't even fully packed because of SB, but had amazing views from every seat, crowd was still decent sized and was a really good reactive crowd, card was typical RAW shit and really predictable outcomes, the matches were really good actually and that shit looks obviously better in person, only disappointments was the womens match and the main event which was an extreme rules match KO vs the show
>>
Went to some Survivor series tour show in 07 which I have no recollection of, the London 2009 UK TNA show which apparently has their attendance record, pretty cool show, WWE live last september i think, nothing special other than the idea of a Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins main event for the title considering their ROH history.

Most importantly though I went to the RPW Global Wars night 1 in november which was great other than Naito doing fuck all, especially the Ishii Hero match
>>
/wwe/ considers actually going to shows unusual?

...yeah actually that's about right.

>>2298410
>other than Naito doing fuck all,

~tranquilo~
>>
>>2298425
It was cool to go to shows in the late 90s and early 00s where you can be drunk with your bros, now its just weird with all these fat bearded brony types in diva shirts
>>
>>2298425
I mean he literally did fuck all, i think he did the corner leg sweep thing and did a couple run ins
>>
I've gone to 4-5 shows.
One was in Philly. Enzo & Cass and the Vaudvillians had a good comedy match and there were some people chanting "Shes a crack whore" At Eva Marie.

Another one had a story which you guys will probably like.
>NXT Albany in this Armory that had to be 98 degrees.
>Owens vs. Balor vs. Breeze ME
>The sound system got turned off when Owens and Breeze had already entered and Balor was about to make his entrance.
>Minute and a half passed then Balor came out without music.
>The NXT crowd sung his theme.

Other than that I remember going to the RAW where Adam Rose debuted and afterwards going on /asp/ to read about how he was D.O.A since we didn't cheer loud enough.
>>
>>2298427
You've never been to a wrestling show. Shut up.
>>
>>2295942
Steroids arent bad if you dont abuse them.
>>
ECW show at the Camden County YMCA. I was in the 6th grade. Dad had no idea what he was in for. Tons of cursing. Only match I still remember was Balls Mahoney vs Bubba Ray Dudley. The fought through the crowd a row away from us hitting each other with plastic chairs until they made there way to some pulled out bleachers where balls pile drove bubba and pinned him on the bleacher. It was awesome and extremely low budget.
>>
>>2296097
That baby's name was Seth Rollins
>>
Mania 24
>>
I went to a Smackdown house show and the dude in front of me in a Bayley shirt kept chanting shitty full sail chants and talking to his friend next to him about smarky shit like the indies or whatever

Also someone farted and it smelled really fucking awful, I don't really want to ever go to another house show any time soon
>>
File: IMG_0106.jpg (502KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.jpg
502KB, 1080x1920px
We were drunk surrounded by plebs and obese neckbeards
>>
>>2298724
Was it fun?
>>
>>2296120
Shit/10.

Apply yourself.
>>
>>2298724
>surrounded by plebs and obese neckbeards
So you fit in perfectly is what you're saying?
>>
File: 1487344567853.jpg (133KB, 1080x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1487344567853.jpg
133KB, 1080x1184px
>>2295810

35 y/o here. I've been to dozens of shows. A WCW Nitro, An (original) ECW PPV (Anarchy Rules in 2000), an ECW house show, many WWF/WWE house shows, The Elimination Chamber PPV in 2014 and Wrestlemania 20.

A good amount of indy stuff, too. Never a TNA show. I only remember them coming around me once, and I wasn't able to go.

I might go to Smackdown here in Minneapolis on the 28th, but there are no good seats left, and it's hard for me to enjoy if I'm not close to the action.

I don't have too many good stories. I got too drunk at 'Mania XX. One time Paige stole my Christmas hat coming down for her match, but threw it back to me. I also enjoyed holding up a, "Lose Packers, lose" sign during Raw.
>>
>>2295810
Yeah it was some WWE live shit in Britain
>>
Kek am I getting worked or people on this board are really this retarded ? dont you understand difference between wrestling show and wrestling match ? I think OP asked about being involved in actual match.
>>
>>2298941
No I didn't
>>
>>2298941
>>2298965
Rekt
>>
>>2296002
based
>>
>>2298887
Love this photo is there more?
>>
>>2295810
Go at least once.
Ive been to a raw msg house show.
Numerous smackdown/ecw/nxt/superstars/main event tapings
Ive been to fatal fourway 2010 and survivor series 2011.
Its an amazing experience.
Then again im from new York and the highest up ive been at these shows is the very bottom of section 100 closest ive been to the ring is six rows back on the hard camera.
Its magic.
>>
Been to a few RAWs in the late 90s and several local indy shows. My favorite show tho was my first when I was a kid it was some WCW house show and Vader was there back when he still had that badass helmet that blew smoke. I marked hard,
>>
I went to WM27 in Atlanta. It was fun even though my seats were nosebleeds. Looking back at the actual card, that was a pretty shit show unfortunately, but you get a chance to go to WM, it's a pretty awesome experience either way.

Otherwise, recently I've been to a few house shows. Last one I think had Styles, Rollins and Reigns main event in a triple threat. It was right before the draft. Also saw Zayn vs Owens that night.
>>
I was at WrestleMania 3. I was 6. Got a Jake the Snake shirt. Wish I still had it.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.