[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>All this build up of making Braun a monster just so Roman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 4

File: 1473534113294.jpg (18KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1473534113294.jpg
18KB, 236x236px
>All this build up of making Braun a monster just so Roman overcomes the odds

RAM is shit
>>
At this point that just seems dumb. Yeah Strowman honestly did start off awful when he debuted 1.5 years ago, but shit, the dude's made one hell of a conscious effort to improve. There's no way all that's going to shit just so Roman can overcome the odds. Not to mention that monster heel runs rarely ever were break on small time PPVs.
>>
Based Roman making the smarks angry
>>
I was legitimately impressed by Strowman in the ring tonight. If this really is all to feed him to Roman, then what a fucking waste.
>>
I'm a Romark but I am positive that Strowman is beating Reigns
>>
>>2293994
No way that is happening now.

If Vince is willing to fed Roman to Balor then he should had no problems feeding Roman to Braun.

Braun is money.
>>
All this talk about squashes, "Make Roman look strong", feeding to Roman, and this motherfucker has been dwindling in the mid card fighting for the US title the past year, and he's been jobbed out a million times since.

Smarks don't even know why they hate Roman anymore
>>
>>2294070
>past year
bruh
>jobbed out a million times
BRUH
>>
>>2294051
Everything in this company until Roman and/or Vince are DELETED is ultimately going to be fed to Reigns.

>>2294070
Dumbest post in a thread where the OP has a Pepe image. New low for the Romarks.
>>
>>2294070
>literally beat the living shit out of the Tag Champions despite being outnumbered 2 to 1 (meaning that his actual chances of inflicting anything at all is 4 to 1).
>>
>>2294091
>>2294087
>>2294095

Fuck, I hope Vince really does pull the trigger and make him main event every Mania, win every Rumble, and hold both world titles someday just to match up with all the irrational hatred this guy gets. Smarks aren't ever happy anyway, so Vince just needs to give them the finger at this point and just do what ever he wants. It'd be funny af as least
>>
>>2294033
>There's no way all that's going to shit just so Roman can overcome the odds.

you poor fool
>>
>>2294138
he gave them the finger last year, or did you forget HHH/Ramen at 'mania?
>>
>>2294070
smarks do whatever a couple of big wrestling """""""""""""""""""""""""critics""""""""""""""""""""""""""" tell them to do.
>>
>>2294138
>Post stupid bullshit
>Get called out
>Bitch about smarks
Like clockwork.
>>
>>2294184
What exactly was bullshit? He jobbed clean to Rollins and Balor, has been losing dirty multiple times, went over some midcard heels for a midcard belt. The dude is main event all around, and WWE has been kissing smark ass and forcing him into a midcard slot and people still bitch. Fuck it, let's have this guy just unify both titles already and give em a real reason to bitch.
>>
>>2294095
>They say all men are created equal
>>
>>2294138
>>2294197
lol the fucking pathetic state of Romarks

He's the shits, anon. Not even the best Samoan named Joe in the company.

>Smarks aren't ever happy

RAW_after_WrestleMania_30.mp4
>>
>>2294197
>He jobbed clean to Rollins and Balor
That was seven months ago and is two of the only three clean losses he's had in over a year.
> has been losing dirty multiple times,
Who. The Fuck. Cares.
>went over some midcard heels for a midcard belt
Which he treated like a worthless prop both during and after his reign.
>forcing him into a midcard slot
He was in a two-month feud for the top title on Raw literally a couple weeks ago.
> Fuck it, let's have this guy just unify both titles already and give em a real reason to bitch.
You're an idiot.
>>
>>2293994
Undercarder will interfere (most likely just the lights going out) to keep both strong..
>>
>>2294232
Samoa Joe stopped being good years ago
>>
>>2294235
Even the loss to Rollins has the asterisk of the barricade spot and ref bump!

>>2294252
Even if that were true it's still better than Ramen.
>>
>>2294260
>Even the loss to Rollins has the asterisk of the barricade spot and ref bump!
Meh, they never portrayed it as having an asterisk. JBL even mentioned after the ref bump that Seth had a similar scenario with an unlucky bounce after a Frog Splash (even though no way was a Frog Splash pinning Roman).

Also, both the ref bump and barricade spot were Roman's fault, so.
>>
File: us.png (197KB, 250x379px) Image search: [Google]
us.png
197KB, 250x379px
>>2294235
>Which he treated like a worthless prop both during and after his reign.

I love how people bitched and moaned when it was Roman, holding the title, but when it's shit like this pic I don't hear a goddamn word. People literally grasping at straws to justify hating Roman

>Who. The Fuck. Cares.

Apparently smarks, because when it was AJ losing dirty to Ellsworth it was "HOLY FUCK HE'S GETTING BURIED!!" I guess it doesn't go both ways when it comes to Roman, gotta scrutinize the negatives to make it look like Roman's always the one who comes out on top

>He was in a two-month feud for the top title on Raw literally a couple weeks ago.

Man it's almost like you can't keep a guy who main evented Mania with Brock locked in the mid card picture. Crazy how that works. I'm surprised it took this long

>You're an idiot.

k
>>
>>2294232
>Not even the best Samoan named Joe

le good reddit joke
>>
>>2294070
>>2294138
>dwindling in the mid card
>he just had like 3 shots at the universal belt.
>>
>>2294269
people bitched a lot when it was dean holding the title. even still dean is 10x more likeable than roman
>>
>>2294269
>I love how people bitched and moaned when it was Roman, holding the title, but when it's shit like this pic I don't hear a goddamn word. People literally grasping at straws to justify hating Roman
What? People used to shit on Ambrose's reign all the fucking time...or at least when they remembered that he had the belt.

>Apparently smarks, because when it was AJ losing dirty to Ellsworth it was "HOLY FUCK HE'S GETTING BURIED!!"
Only a few people said this, and it wasn't that big a deal considering that in the end they had a 1v1 no interference and AJ annihilated him.

>Man it's almost like you can't keep a guy who main evented Mania with Brock locked in the mid card picture. Crazy how that works. I'm surprised it took this long
So you're wrong about him being forced into a midcard slot? Why even bring this up as a point then to support your argument?
>>
>>2294269
>but when it's shit like this pic I don't hear a goddamn word.
People complain about Ambrose's shitty reign all the time.
>Apparently smarks, because when it was AJ losing dirty to Ellsworth it was "HOLY FUCK HE'S GETTING BURIED!!"
AJ losing to Ellsworth was part of a story and made sense in context. When Roman "loses dirty", it's just because, after the loss to Finn, they couldn't bear to have Roman ACTUALLY put anybody over, even when it makes sense.

You know how when AJ Styles or Bray Wyatt pins John Cena, it's a big deal, because it's clean? And it elevates the other guy? And it doesn't hurt Cena because he's already at the top? When a guy only pins Roman because of a parade of interference, it doesn't fucking mean anything.
>Man it's almost like you can't keep a guy who main evented Mania with Brock locked in the mid card picture
lol.

January to Rumble: Champion
Post-Rumble to Mania: #1 Contender to the title and main eventing Mania
Post-Mania to June: Champion
July: #1 Contender to the title while suspended!
August: Midcard
September: Half in the main event fighting Owens, half midcard
October: Midcard
November: Main event for Survivor Series
December to Rumble: #1 Contender to the title
Post-Rumble to right now: Strowman, who's basically a main eventer now.

He was midcard for two and a half months out of the last year and ALL OF IT was feuding with Rusev.
>>
>>2293994
>GOLDberg set to put down oreowens
>Based Strowman and BBD set to steal the show
>Somehow BBD leaving smarks seething by doing nothing
This is just fantastic. Fastlane will be the best PPV in years
>>
>>2294269
>comparing a reign where an upper-mid heel was being a chickenshit hiding behind his gang to a main event "superhero" treating his belt as meaningless

good job dickhead
>>
>>2294335
Being real for a sec, this actually looks like the weakest PPV card WWE's had in a long-ass time.
>>
>>2294232
>literally have to go back 3 years when they put the smark favourite over THREE future HoF'ers in one night
>smarks still weren't happy that night
What did wredditor mean by this?
>>
>>2294070
>>2294138
This.

The guy is money. He was matching John Cena in merch sales around wrestlemania time last year.

But then Vince listens to the smarks, pushes their guys (making comparatively less money in the process), and yet they still aren't happy.
Reigns loses to Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt and Balor clean despite being 20 times the star but they still aren't happy.

He puts over midcard jobbers but they aren't happy because it wasn't clean. They literally want him jobbing clean to midcarders. Enough is enough. Just give him every belt so they actually have a reason to bitch and moan. God knows he's earned it, drawing money and selling merch despite not being champion and with the weight of the world on his shoulders.
>>
>>2294342
People saying he treated the belt like it was meaningless all because he held it behind his shoulder is one of the dumbest and pettiest fucking things I've ever seen. Especially because prior to that, smarks also bitched about how useless the US title was all the damn time. Of course, when it's Roman holding it though, we gotta abandon that narrative to paint Roman in a negative light
>>
>>2294310
>So you're wrong about him being forced into a midcard slot?

I'm saying he was forced into a mid card slot as both punishment and because smarks called for his head, and it couldn't last because he's too over with casual fans, whether you'd like to admit it or not. Every time I've talked with casual fans irl about Roman, they all like him. It's fools who actively discuss wrestling online who hate this guy's guts irrationally and convince themselves he isn't over. Even when I wasn't watching wrestling, Roman was the first name I'd heard of before getting back into it
>>
>>2294310
>>2294319

>People used to shit on Ambrose's reign all the fucking time

That ain't the point I'm making. I'm talking about the reasoning to justify hating Roman over how he was 'disrepecting the belt' by holding it nonchalantly. I've never heard more bullshit forced reasoning, and the pic I attached showed much 'worse' instances. Even then, it's still a fucking dumb thing to complain about
>>
>>2294398
Do you seriously think I'm talking about the way he held the stupid thing?
>>
>>2294406
Yeah, because I remember reading a million comments online in various places about how 'disrespectful' it was to the "belt's prestige" over how he was treating it like nothing. They used the same wording. It was fucking gay. I'm still failing to see how he 'treated it like a prop' though
>>
>>2294421
Who the fuck cares about how he held it, I'm talking about how his reign was dogshit.

It consisted of him making fun of Rusev's marriage (then laughably saying that he hadn't made it personal), then when he was done with Rusev, never defending the damn thing on PPV again, immediately going into a program for the main title, having the same lameass TV match with Jericho like seven times and when he lost it, not giving a single shit.

His reign consisted of him fending off a mandatory rematch, then immediately trying to go get a different belt to hang on his other shoulder and when he dropped it, he didn't care. It's horrible writing and completely devalues the belt, all so Roman could have something, anything to call him a "champ" for a while.
>>
>>2294440
A lot of that is hardly his fault as a performer though. It's a square peg in a round hole; the guy never belonged in the mid card slot after the main event run he'd had. Of course Roman>mid carders after he'd looked so stronger as a main eventer. Why would he care about the US title when he's clearly above it too?

Also, I'm sick of this whole "Roman acted like a heel against Rusev" bullshit. Before he went after rusev/lana, the two of them forced the audience to watch their wedding thing and taunted them all the way through. Roman was being face by breaking up what the crowd didn't want to see.
>>
>>2293994

>WRONGMAN RINGS IS GENUINELY THE GOAT HEEL OF ALL TIME

Best timeline tbph
>>
I love Strowman but he looked like shit tonight. He could barely lift Show while other, much smaller wrestlers have managed to do so just fine. I have to wonder if BEEG was sandbagging him.
>>
>>2294471
Braun was gassed. Not very rare for big men especially considering how he was flipping all over the place while weighing 400 pounds
>>
File: cenaustitle.jpg (21KB, 321x360px) Image search: [Google]
cenaustitle.jpg
21KB, 321x360px
>>2294461
>A lot of that is hardly his fault as a performer though.
None of it is his fault as a preformer, I'm not complaining about Joe Anoa'i, the guy, here, he's an able performer that has all the tools and has improved a lot the last year.

I'm saying the writing is fucking nonsense and it makes it impossible to get behind him, because he's supposed to be a hero or a badass, but he just comes off like an unlikable prick most of the time.

> It's a square peg in a round hole; the guy never belonged in the mid card slot after the main event run he'd had. Of course Roman>mid carders after he'd looked so stronger as a main eventer. Why would he care about the US title when he's clearly above it too?
Yeah, why would a main eventer ever care about a midcard title....
>>
>>2294386
>I'm saying he was forced into a mid card slot as both punishment and because smarks called for his head, and it couldn't last because he's too over with casual fans, whether you'd like to admit it or not.
Prove any of this at all. Dude was in the midcard for a really short time, the only notable feud being with Rusev.

>very time I've talked with casual fans irl about Roman, they all like him.
Anecdotal evidence. I live in a metropolitan area and that may be why most fans I know IRL can't stand the guy's booking (not surprisingly smarky crowds aren't into him either.)

>It's fools who actively discuss wrestling online who hate this guy's guts irrationally and convince themselves he isn't over.
This is the opposite of what's true though. Ultimately, throughout this whole discussion, the main point from people that "don't like Roman" has mostly been an attack on his booking, not Roman himself. His booking has been attacked not only by "smarks", but actual industry vets like Stone Cold and Jim Ross as well. Many of the other complaints about him like his lack of charisma and lack of a personality that can comfortably interact in non-WWE places like Today Show are valid, not irrational, as both aspects are very important to a top face style wrestler that Roman is booked as. Being nowhere near as irrational as you claim, people have for example stopped giving him as much shit for in-ring stuff as he's not as sloppy as he used to be.

As for how over he is. Well, he still doesn't get unanimous chants that's for sure. If anything, it's shown that it's the usual "kids cheer him cuz he's face, kids will cheer any face" kind of deal. Certainly not super over kind of chants. His house show attendance numbers weren't different from Ambrose's, and both's numbers were weak compared to what guys like Bryan/Cena did not too long before them
http://shop.wwe.com/shop-all/#srule=best_sellers&sz=48&start=0

^he's not on the level of Enzo/Cass, New Day, Cena in merch
>>
>>2294386
>Even when I wasn't watching wrestling, Roman was the first name I'd heard of before getting back into it
That's because of the reactions towards him. It was near unanimous levels of hatred. Comparatively, people started hearing about Daniel Bryan in that 2013-2014 time period, but because of a similar yet opposite reaction of unanimous love. After Bryan won at WM30, the next day RAW drew the highest ratings it has in a llllooooonnnnggg time. It was en Attitude Era level rating of a 5.0.

Based on what evidence there is, it's stupid to deny that the guy isn't over. But at the same time, he's nowhere near as over as you claim him to be.

>>2294398
>I'm talking about the reasoning to justify hating Roman over how he was 'disrepecting the belt' by holding it nonchalantly.
What? People love that shit. Do you not pay attention to pro wrestling that much? Tetsuya Naito over at NJPW "disrespects" the belt even harder, in a promotion where doing something like that is even more blasphemous, and people love it. Think about it, what if Roman, like Dean or Naito, was this badass heel that he's clearly capable of performing, just not giving two shits.
>>
>>2294386
*stupid to deny that he IS over
>>
>>2294138

Ya fucking seething lad, kek
>>
>>2294485
I dunno if the Naito thing would work as well because a lot of that is about Japanese culture. Point is though the way Roman carried the belt actually gave him the slightest bit of character. It's kind of hilarious in a tragic way, you could see the preformer trying to break out of Vince's horrible cookie cutter superhero mold for him, just for a minute.

Dude needs to go heel so fucking bad. If nothing else, he was definitely shading that way tonight.
>>
>>2294372
There's not many big guys willing to put over indie shitters without complaining WHILE getting boo'd, kudos to Roman he's been his shit together even though the irrational hate made no sense more than 2 years ago since it started .
>>
>>2294477
>Austin throws intercontinental title in river
>As does Rock
>more recently Rollins taps out in seconds to lose US title and actively buries it the next week
>no problem with smarks

>Reigns wears it behind his shoulder
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2294267
>WWE's narrative
>adherence to facts

Pick 1.

>both the ref bump and barricade spot were Roman's fault

Which just strengthens my point.
>>
>>2294485
>Attitude Era level rating of a 5.0.
Literal lies, making numbers up. Not that I expect much more from smarks.
>>
>>2294500
I'm just saying the way it was written, it wasn't portrayed as having an asterisk to protect ROMAN, more just to protect his finisher.

Which is fair, desu, as annoying as LOLONESPEAR can get, your top guys should have their finishers protected. The state of Seth's Pedigree is an embarrassment.
>>
>>2294276
Wouldn't know. I don't post there.

go back
>>
>>2294479
>Prove any of this at all. Dude was in the midcard for a really short time

Part of the reason it was so short is because he didn't belong both booking and reaction wise in that mid card picture. That was kind of the point I was making, he was far more over than the other mid card guys. I count boos as overness with Roman as well, because WWE does things like make him eliminate Undertaker at the RR and then taunt him like an asshole, which is a very heel thing to do and elicited obvious boos. Also, Roman has a very high amount of likes for a wrestler on FB. FB is the definition of casual, and WWE is so obsessed with social media presence that this has to be taken into account

>Anecdotal evidence

If what I said is anecdotal, what you said is too

It's cool to not like Roman, i don't give a fuck, that's an opinion. It's just become so forced and I've read so much contradicting and hypocritical 'reasoning' to justify hating the guy, not necessarily here, but just in general.

>>2294485

>It was en Attitude Era level rating of a 5.0.

The Raw after Mania 31 was even higher than that. 5.3.

>That's because of the reactions towards him. It was near unanimous levels of hatred.

The first dude who brought up Roman since I've been out of wrestling called him his favorite. So idk, different sources

>
>>
>>2294375
Literally the first promo Reigns cut after winning the US Championship treated it as irrelevant and only useful as a means to get the Universal Title.

awesome strawman tho

>smarks also bitched about how useless the US title was all the damn time.

Well that's plain untru:, people were praising Rusev elevating it.
>>
>>2294506
Oh yeah my bad. Not the rating, but it was above 5 million viewers the whole time, and it's still a goddamn long as shit time since they ever managed that as well.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe-raw/2014/4/8/5595124/wwe-raw-ratings-for-wrestlemania-30-fallout-show-up-big
>>
>>2294346
It was just the most obvious example dumb Romark.

>wredditor

go back
>>
>>2294508
>it wasn't portrayed as having an asterisk to protect ROMAN,

It absolutely was. You're quibbling over semantics.
>>
>>2294515
Rusev as The True American Hero was so fucking good. Now he's tag teaming with Jinder. Fuck.
>>
>>2294232
>Samoan named Joe
You exposed yourself.

gb2 reddit, we're full
>>
>>2294386
>he's too over with casual fans,

KEK

>>2294372
Reigns has never even matched New Day in merch sales much less BMJ. You're either lying or delusional.

>Reigns loses to Bray clean

When the fuck was this?
>>
>>2294528
Survivor Series.
>>
>>2294485
>Attitude Era level rating of a 5.0

The RAW after Wrestlemania 31 drew an even higher rating
>>
>>2294527

>go back to the better quality community!
>>
>>2294528
He's over with the chill bruhs who shoot hoops and get babes

Not guys who spend their time on anime image sites saying "KEK"
>>
>>2294461
>the two of them forced the audience to watch their wedding thing and taunted them all the way through. Roman was being face by breaking up what the crowd didn't want to see.

Imagine having a moral code so broken you have the same views as Vince McMahon.
>>
>>2294513
>Part of the reason it was so short is because he didn't belong both booking and reaction wise in that mid card picture.
Again, prove this. You are just talking out of your ass.

>That was kind of the point I was making, he was far more over than the other mid card guys.
Again, this one's rather misleading towards your point as nobody else in the midcard has been pushed the way he has.

>I count boos as overness with Roman as well, because WWE does things like make him eliminate Undertaker at the RR and then taunt him like an asshole, which is a very heel thing to do and elicited obvious boos.
This only counts for specific examples like that Undertaker one. It doesn't work all that well with examples like say...going over Bryan clean or main eventing WM32.

>Also, Roman has a very high amount of likes for a wrestler on FB. FB is the definition of casual, and WWE is so obsessed with social media presence that this has to be taken into account
Twitter is where this matters the most, and he doesn't even crack the top 10.
http://www.prowrestling.com/which-wwe-superstars-have-the-most-twitter-followers-details/

>If what I said is anecdotal, what you said is too
That was the point...

>It's cool to not like Roman, i don't give a fuck, that's an opinion.
Cool, doesn't necessarily mean that it has factual backing nor that everyone's going to agree with you. For sure there are people (particularly on YouTube comment sections) that post irrational crap, but most people on sites like /asp/, r/SC, or /woo/ don't do that. If they do, they get called out, or it's some troll shit.

>The Raw after Mania 31 was even higher than that. 5.3.
Yeah. Now compare those numbers to 32. Which one of those ended with a main event of people booing so hard that they had to be muted MULTIPLE TIMES.

>The first dude who brought up Roman since I've been out of wrestling called him his favorite. So idk, different sources
I had in mind Royal Rumble 2015, Fastlane 2015, etc.
>>
>>2294513
>he was far more over than the other mid card guys. I count boos as overness

The utter fucking STATE of this delusional Roman apologist.

>>2294527
>Reddit invented a play-on-words that's been made for years

I'll trust your judgment on this since you're clearly an expert on plebbit.

>we're full

Yeah all of the spic's personalities really cram up the place.
>>
>>2294533
Keep telling yourself that.

>>2294529
>a fucking 10-man tag match with multiple cases of interference
>>
>>2294530
Yeah. Now compare that to WM 32. For what it's worth, I am sure that the other lackluster matches of 32 were also responsible, but the main event is also one of them.
>>
>>2294535
Even shithole mark towns in the South are booing Reigns in favour of just about everybody. It's actually kind of hilarious.
>>
>>2294372
Never actually thought about this. They really do just want him jobbing to midcarders clean. In smark wwe, reigns gets jobbed out to the pre-show. Nothing less than that will make them happy.
>>
>>2294542
>Roman apologists keep making strawmen
>>
>>2294535
>Again, prove this. You are just talking out of your ass.

What are you talking about? Go watch his midcard run as proof. He was booked as a guy who was strong enough to beat Brock Lesnar at one point. Of course he didn't belong in the midcard.

>nobody else in the midcard has been pushed the way he has.

That's irrelevant, my point is he was far more over regardless. He didn't fit in the picture, period.

>This only counts for specific examples like that Undertaker one. It doesn't work all that well with examples like say...going over Bryan clean or main eventing WM32.

Honestly, I think it's something only recently WWE has been doing. He also did it at MitB 2016, when Rollins was underdog as fuck and acted way more face, while Roman taunted him and acted like a bully heel. I think they are trying to take advantage of both his boos and cheers, like how Cena has been doing. They see him as the next Cena, so they like the divisiveness. Any reaction is better than no reaction is their philosophy

>Twitter is where this matters the most, and he doesn't even crack the top 10.

True, but his follower count is still decent there. FB still has more users than Twitter though, and that counts for a large portion of the casual audience

>For sure there are people (particularly on YouTube comment sections) that post irrational crap, but most people on sites like /asp/, r/SC, or /woo/ don't do that. If they do, they get called out, or it's some troll shit

If that were true, I wouldn't even be writing any of this right now. It's just the status quo to say irrational shit about Roman at this point. WWE's YT channel is fucking full of this, even on videos that don't even have Roman in them

>Yeah. Now compare those numbers to 32.

The entire show was just weaker than 31 though. And there was far more incentive to watch the Raw after 31. That's mainly the writing.
>>
>>2294548
>beats top guys clean
>not happy
>loses to Rollins clean
>not happy
>loses to Ambrose and Balor clean
>still not happy
>puts over midcarders (but not clean)
>STILL not happy

What's the next logical step then smarkie?
You tell me. Its far from a strawman.
>>
>>2294532
yeah its really great, go back please.
>>
Roman needs to turn heel, who cares how he holds a title.

Let him be a badass asshole character
>>
>>2294571
He's already a meta-tweener. Gets legitimate face reactions for children and women, gets legitimate heel heat from smarks. Either way, people are 100% invested and passionate, whether they're booing or cheering, which is more genuine than ironic "You made le list!" heel heat.
>>
>>2294564
>He was booked as a guy who was strong enough to beat Brock Lesnar at one point. Of course he didn't belong in the midcard.
Khali beat Cena and The Undertaker clean during his early days. Dude went from the absolute top to the absolute bottom booking wise. And he's just one of many examples. The one most similar to Roman is probably Lex Luger and his crazy feats to where his career ended up.

>That's irrelevant, my point is he was far more over regardless. He didn't fit in the picture, period.
>regardless
Nope. That's just ignoring various factors just to prove your point. Literally the same thing you are blaming others for doing. In this case promotion and pushing of certain people. This is an example that's common throughout the entertainment industry itself due to how much it relies on promotion of people.

>I think they are trying to take advantage of both his boos and cheers, like how Cena has been doing. They see him as the next Cena, so they like the divisiveness. Any reaction is better than no reaction is their philosophy
There's a huge difference between heel heat and X-Pac heat though. Roman gets far more of the latter than the earlier.

>True, but his follower count is still decent there. FB still has more users than Twitter though, and that counts for a large portion of the casual audience
Most major things are posted through Twitter though. That's where the focus of their social media is. FB might have more users than Twitter, but it is also something where there isn't a lot of conscious interaction happening. Even when WWE puts up FB polls, it's not like anything Roman related gets a lot of love either.

>If that were true, I wouldn't even be writing any of this right now.
What you're saying is factually false. Like this is some "all black people are criminals" or "all white people are racists" level of blanketing here.
>>
>>2294564
>It's just the status quo to say irrational shit about Roman at this point.
And...just because something becomes a mainstream opinion it's inherently bad? Dude, that's childish as fuck.

>WWE's YT channel is fucking full of this, even on videos that don't even have Roman in them
>taking YT comments seriously, ever

>The entire show was just weaker than 31 though. And there was far more incentive to watch the Raw after 31. That's mainly the writing.
32 hinged off Roman downing the Authority once and for all. Similar to Austin beating McMahon, or Bryan finally winning the big one, or Seth in the last minute cashing in despite losing his earlier match. I am not gonna make a full on conclusion that it was all Roman, but it was certainly the main storyline going into Mania 32 and the "big draw".
>>
>>2294576
>Roman
>legit heel heat
>>
>>2294576
Turning him heel is inevitiable if they want him to be the face of the company.

Will put him over with smarks.
Women will cheer anyway, kids will love him again when he turns back face.

A tweener role works only for etablished guys like Brock (who is a believable monster), Taker (living legend) or Cena (who can cut a tiptop promo).
>>
>>2294596
This heat is about as legit as it gets.
>>
>>2294608
Smarks are irrelevant
>>
>>2294566
Rollins beat him "clean" and the Ambrose loss was a triple threat.

He's literally had more world title reigns than clean singles losses.

>puts over (but not clean)

Not really putting them over then, is it?

>>2294576
>meta-tweener

stop

>legitimate face reactions for children and women
>for

See, your subconscious blocked you from saying "from" because even you don't truly believe it.

>100% invested and passionate

They're not.

>"You made le list!" heel heat

But they've been using that as a face pop for months.

Romarks literally don't even understand basic crowd responses. Amazing.

>>2294619
>causing Reigns to get booed the fuck out from arenas for the past 2+ years

So irrelevant. Cry about them some more, biatch.
>>
>>2294619
The smarks are a good proportion of the hardcore fans, that are willing to spend a lot of money on theire hobby.

When you look at the Daniel Bryan wm story, nxt in general or the fact that Roman isnt booked as a straight face, you would be delusional to think, that wwe doesnt care about them.
>>
>>2294652
>Not really putting them over then, is it?
If beating the top guy isn't putting them over them what else should he do then? Lose clean to midcarders?
This is what smarks want. Reigns to be jobbing on the pre-show.
>>
>>2294711
How does winning by interference put somebody over?

And if they beat him, they wouldn't be midcarders anymore, would they?

>This is what smarks want. Reigns to be jobbing on the pre-show.

cool argument you're having with yourself
>>
>>2294715
Yeah they still would be. If Reigns loses to midcarders, he just becomes a midcarder too.

>cool argument you're having with yourself
>implying this genuinely isn't the only way smarks would be happy
>>
>>2294724
If that were the case, for once Roman's push would match his talent.
>>
>>2294694
> Roman isnt booked as a straight face

his entire booking is ''really really stronk''

that's it
if that's not babyface, who he sucks at anyway...
>>
>>2294770
>not a good guy not a bad guy
And the whole Rusev storyline, its poor booking but his character is obviously intented to be some kind of tweener, but it doesnt work out properly

Just because he is booked strong, doesnt mean he is a pure face
>who are samoa joe, triple h, strowman...
The "overcoming the odds"-angle is part of the face characteristic though
>>
>>2294804
Reigns didn't get that "not a bad guy/not a good guy" shit until after 15 months of getting booed the fuck out.
>>
>>2294808
I know, but what does it have to do with the state he is currently in.
Just tried to make my point clear, that he isnt 100% face.

I am not a romark, I am saying, that he needs a 100% heel run/push, to get over with smarks.
At least thats were I see the only realistic chance
>>
>>2294814
Sheamus has been getting a 100% heel push for nearly 2 years.

And how over is he with smarks?
>>
>>2294804
>And the whole Rusev storyline, its poor booking but his character is obviously intented to be some kind of tweener, but it doesnt work out properly

Literally American hero vs evil foreigner to save the US belt, the most classic 80s face vs heel storyline.

You are fucking stupid.
>>
>>2294819
At least he had somewhat of heel heat with the you look stupid chants.
>>
>>2294849
Yea sure, the whole thing with Roman shiting on the Wedding etc was pure face acting.
As much as I hate to use this washed up autism meme, but you should go seek help when you cant even categorize simple human behaviour in a wwe storyline, as good or Bad

>>2294819
What the fuck has sheamus to do with Romans push? He was a transitional champ and is now mitcard fucker

Jesus, you guys are retarded
>>
>>2294883
>not understanding analogies

18+

Sheamus was a rejected overpushed babyface prior to NXT even being a thing.

>defending Reigns being a WWE dickface to Rusev
>calling anybody retarded
>>
>mfw Undertaker will ruin Roman Reign's match at Fastlane just because Roman Reigns eliminated Undertaker fair and square.

Why is Undercarder such a sore loser?
>>
>>2294883
>this kind of mental gymnastic

Rusev wedding was about him bragging a better athlete than any American thus more deserving as US champ

Again, very basic face vs heel foreigner storyline.

It's so basic that they copied it from 3 years ago, Rusev foreign US champ, Cena being the American hero.

Again, you are fucking stupid.

If Roman was a tweener, you'd see him mix up face and heel things. He never does heel stuff. Just botched booking storylines, because WWE writers suck, combined with his awful acting ability.

It's fucking retarded how many excuses you guys have been making for Roman

>the crowd doesn't like babyfaces anymore
false, see Daniel Bryan
>he's over in some arenas
false, unless we are talking about India
>he's like Cena, gets booed but sells ton of merch
false he barely sells more merch than Owens
>he's a tweener
false, he's a bad babyface

Stop making excuses. He's an untalented idiot, horrendously booked by a stubborn senile boss who has been out of touch for decades.
>>
>>2294914
>>2294849
Did you literal retards forget that ****Rusev attacked Roman backstage the week before that?****

Or how about the fact that it wasn't a wedding but them bragging about the wedding?

Or how about by the time Roman came out, they weren't even talking about the wedding anymore, they were talking about how much the USA sucks.

No wonder wwe treats their fans like they suffer from short term memory loss.
>>
>>2294969
Did you make this many excuses for Sheamus when he sucker-punched Henry during armwrestling?
>>
>>2294372
You can't put people over if it wasn't clean you fucking mongol. Do you think Hogan was putting people over when he no sold everything and lost dirty? Granted reigns isn't a politicking bastard, but to put someone over it has to be CLEAN. If let's say Zack Ryder beat Roman clean, it would be a big fucking deal because now Ryder is main event status, beating a top guy thanks to his own ability. If Ryder uses a fucking CHAIR to bash romans head in, or gets him counted out, or uses his buddies to help, he still looks like the undercard talent he is, only being able to beat Roman through interference.
>>
There are two faggots really fighting in this thread over mandrama
>>
>>2294949
BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.