[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember watching Rollins vs Cena at Summerslam 2015 and just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: uswwerollins.jpg (1MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
uswwerollins.jpg
1MB, 2592x1728px
Remember watching Rollins vs Cena at Summerslam 2015 and just looking at Seth holding two belts at the end in his white gear and after that performance and thinking 'fuck, he's just the best wrestler in the world right now'

Peak Rollins
>>
Iktf, Based SeffGOAT
>>
nah his world title run already was horrible and i didn't care about him anymore

peak jasethy was the rumble triple threat
>>
>>2255827
That, dean ambrose feud, Summerslam and him pulling double duty on Night of Champions are my favourite moments of Seth's single career
>>
>>2255819
*injures himself at incredible high speeds*
>>
All down the drain because they legitimately can't write a babyface and it completely killed him
>>
>>2255831
http://www.profightdb.com/wrestler-star-ratings/seth-rollins-3328.html
>SEVEN STARS IN ONE NIGHT
Shit not even Okada can say that
>>
>>2255840
Kurt Angle got 10 stars at King of the Ring 2001
>>
>>2255841
Goddamn, go Kurt.

I wonder what other instances of this there are. Austin has 6.75 and Jericho has 7.25 from Vengeance '01.
>>
Just for fedoramen, Roman got 7* at SS2015

vs ADR ***½
vs Dean ***½

http://www.profightdb.com/cards/wwe/survivor-series-3915-23003.html
>>
>>2255844
Bret has a 5 star against Owen then a 2.5 against Yoko at WMX
>>
>>2255835
Godammit this.

I got into wrestling late 2014. Seth winning the belt at Mania after putting on MOTN with Orton was the exact moment I realized I would never stop being a wrestling fan. Seeing him parody entitled millenials in that weird parent/son relationship he had with Trips and Steph made me realize there could actually be some meaningful layers to WWE's storytelling style. Seeing him work a year-long feud with Kane made me nostalgiafag hard for one of the last few remaining wrestlers from when I was a kid. The feud with Dean was excellent where the shenanigans went overboard in fucking Dean out of the belt but it all built to that final showdown ladder match where Seth finally got his first clean title defense.

I loved the dynamic of Seth being weak as shit on TV but god-tier on ppv. Sure it made him look weak on Raw, but it saved his true talent for the big match and made sure I wasn't sick of the feuds before they were over. Face Rollins fought Kevin Owens too often for me to give a shit about their title match. I've seen too many Falcon Arrows to really enjoy it anymore. But when he hit that move on Cena at Summerslam? I think I might have turned gay for a few seconds. I loved Seth in 2015 and I thought nobody on the planet was anywhere close to his level. Now he isn't even in my top 10. Thanks a lot for ruining him, Vince. Thanks a lot for phoning it in, Seth.
>>
>>2255844
Bret @ KotR '93 got 11.
>>
>>2255819
He still is, but his injury made him paranoid so he doesn't want to go all out anymore.
>>
Bret also has 11 stars for KOTR 93

> summerslam 91 vs mr perfect only got 4 stars
Le meltz is such a fucking hack
>>
>>2255870
And then it gets fucked up again on the most meaningless seemingly no-risk spot possible. God really hates Seth.
>>
>>2255872
Because he is armenian, the cursed tribe
>>
You were worked into thinking a shitty guy was good because he held two belts and wore le special gear. Congratulations.
>>
>>2255866
Same bro, I have pretty much the same story.
>>
it's hilarious how WWE has ruined his career in the last 2 years

-incredibly hyped return
>buried cuz Roman gotta be face
-chickeshit heel turn again
>buried cuz Roman did drugs, Balor gotta be face
-5 months feud with Haitch where the latter showed up once last week for the first time
-destroyed the Redesign Rebuild Reclaim gimmick for no reason, replaced with the dull: ''freakin'

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH WWE?
>>
>>2255971
It actually makes me really sad, he had all the making of a true top guy but WWE managed to fuck it up so bad
>>
>>2255972
>had all the making of a true top guy

have to be durable for that
>>
>>2255973
injuries happen

he returned last year, was selling merch, houseshow tickets etc and was buried to make room for Roman face

you look at his 2014-5 ruin he was on fire

-great moment for the Shield split
-great feud with Ambrose that elevated both
-fucking cashing in Wrestlemania moment that's an instant classic, the greatest cashing in ever
-good feuds with Cena and Bork, Crossfit Jesus gimmick with the white pants that was making him a mainstream icon
>>
>>2255973
Randy Orton, John Cena, Stone Cold
They all suffered some injuries and came back and were booked well. Itd also help if Seth didnt wrestle like he was in a video game
>>
>>2255976
>making him a mainstream icon

kek you almost had me too
>>
>>2255979
Couldve been, i know atleast one non-wrestling fan who knows who he is.
>>
His face turn was so fucking horrible.

Firstly, he himself NEVER turned, he never actively did an uncharacteristically good thing, he just got screwed. Secondly, his whole face turn is based entirely on the fact that he wants revenge for Hunter fucking him over the EXACT same way hunter fucked over other people for him during his entire heel run. He's unjustifiably upset about something and it makes him look like a fucking idiot and not a face in any way.

How fucking hard was it to just have him shake someones hand after a match showing that he's starting to become a good guy, THEN have Hunter turn on him and cost him the title for the very reason that he's become soft or some shit. Then have Seth cut a promo about how he was a piece of shit for taking the help, but he's going to try and make it right.

It's the same story in the end but it actually makes sense and he could have actually looked like a face.
>>
>>2255983
That's a great point. I always thought the delayed face turn was the problem, and I'm sure it didn't help. But Seth has yet to do anything heroic or noble. Hell, a first time WWE viewer could easilly mistake Chris and Kevin as the faces to Seth and Roman's heels.
>>
I can't remember BMJ ever beating Seth. And Seth's pinned him clean a few times too. By this definition his power level should be insane and yet this is where he's at, injury or not.
>>
>>2256037
He came to Roman's aid
>>
>>2256061

That isn't a face move. Not to the audience.
>>
>>2256064
It's not even a face move in kayfabe. Roman's not a good guy.

All three of them are tweeners out to serve themselves, each other, and maybe the Usos but only if they feel like it. Dean didn't save Randy from Bray, he chased titles. Roman didn't stand up to Strowman to protect Foley, he chased titles. Seth didn't show up at the hotel to pull Rusev off of Enzo, he chased titles. And they did it all while treating Zayn like a dweeb unworthy of their time
>>
>>2255983
That's another of the reason he's not over anymore.

Never a clear face turn.
>>
>>2255983
>how fucking hard is basic storytelling

For the WWE?
>>
They should have done these little house shows face moments on TV. I still remember the first time he shook Sami Zayn's hand at the beginning of his face turn, it genuinely felt like a bad guy realizing there's more to the world than just championships and fame.
Or that standing ovation he got at Clash of Champions, where he looked shocked that the crowd was showing him respect despite failing to achieve his goal.
>>
>>2255819

I thought that match sucked. Seth is pretty overrated and barely decent.
>>
>>2256264
That match was better than AJ vs Cena SS2016 aside from the ending.
>>
>>2256269

Nah, it was sloppy and barely had any psychology at all with Seth not wrestling like a heel because why the fuck not. A boring match with a really shitty ending.
>>
>>2256280
>Seth not wrestling like a heel
>But it's okay when AJ does it !
This fucking denial holy kek. The build-up to SS2015 was Rollins turning the fans on Cena by calling him a disease while portraying himself as the cure, and the crowd fucking bought in it. The reaction at SS2015 was a proof of that, the storyline was here and the god-like attire of "False Savior" subtly added to the meaning implied.

Unlike AJ, Seth pulled off unique moves he never had used before specifically for that match. The ending was horseshit yeah and especially compared to Cena's face of disbelief and AJ making the sudden come back.

But it still remains a finisherspamfest, and while arguably it was good, it wasn't as good as Seth vs Cena.
>>
How many careers will he ruin and injuries will he hand out from now on?

Truly the WOAT
>>
>>2256311
I remember thinking what OP thought when he did that set of suicide dives. Good matches =/= finisher spam
>>
>>2256327

Faggots think alike
>>
>>2256327
>when he did that set of suicide dives.

That was almost certainly a shout-out to Jay Lethal.
>>
>>2256311
>Seth pulled off unique moves he never had used before specifically for that match.

He was still going from move to move with no real significance. It wasn't good at all and they abused near falls like any typical big WWE match. The thing about AJ is he doesn't do shit like sympathetic babyface selling when working as a heel.
>>
>SETHING
>>
>>2256348
>going from move to move with no real significance.

Sounds like your average WWE match.
>>
File: corny.jpg (43KB, 541x424px) Image search: [Google]
corny.jpg
43KB, 541x424px
>>2255819
Remember watching anything after 2003 and thinking "fuck, this is really unwatchable"
>>
File: image.png (508KB, 597x757px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
508KB, 597x757px
>/wwe/ used to be Seth marks

It was that program with Orton that kind of killed it, that was two months of extreme chickenshit that it just ruined the Shield persona. Which is a shame, I like Seth. Still do. But his run at top was poorly booked and didn't fit that role well because lord he wasn't good at it.
>>
>>2256374
>post-2003
>Cornette macro

Try anything after 1983
>>
>>2256375
What are you talking about ? Seth was the top heel in 2015. His voice tone was obnoxious, his laugh was annoying and his faces/mannerisms made you want to kick his shit in. Seth's an overzealous, pompous spoiled little POS that was so hateable that he made the Authority look like fucking faces for fuck's sakes.
Being a chickenshit suited Seth better than anybody. You look at Owens and you see how bad that role's for him, while it did Seth wonders.

And yet just because he was too good in the ring it somehow made him a bad heel because "he wrestled like a face". Meanwhile AJ gets away with it every week and is praised for it.
>>
>>2255972
His promo skills werent top guy level.

>inbf4 Roman.

Everyone knows at this point that Roman is the exception in ANY rule.
>>
Literally killed the US title

kys Jasethy
>>
>>2255979
Lmao this /asp/ie can't see past his memes
>>
i can't help it but to agree with most people here, WWE REALLY fucked up MASSIVELY his return.

It absolutely baffles me how and why, he had the gimmick, the skills, the momentum, everything.
>>
>>2256614

They didn't instantly turn him and had him fizzle for a month or two as a heel even though he got two massive return pops and the crowd was loving him when he came out to cut his first promo back.

Then his turn made no sense and it just made his character come off as an asshole and an idiot.
>>
Jasethy had a chance to be good but his title reign was a huge flop
>>
>>2256623
yeah, I know, but it just baffles me, how anyone thought it could be a good idea to not make him face right on the spot, specially after the pop he got on his comeback

like, ok, you got this guy returning and you want to make him a heel, but it turns out people fucking love him, so change your writing and improvise, go with the flow and not against it, but WWE always ignore the people and just do whatever they want for some reason.

it just baffles me, like, as much as I try to understand why I just can't
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1920x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1920x1050px
>release this road to recovery style documentary that makes him super sympathetic
>hates how he missed WM cause he let himself down and the fans down
>night of his return
>huge pop
>"YOU'RE ALL IDIOTS I NEVER NEEDED YOU!"
>>
>>2255977
But Cena has a healing factor and always comes back sooner than expected.
>>
>>2256635
They didn't want him to overshadow Roman, who was supposed to be their top face at the time.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 430x539px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 430x539px
>>2255866
I got into wrestling in 1982 when I was 7. I have no idea ho anyone could be led to watch wrestling if they were over 16 years old.
>>
>>2256676
That promo return was based as fuck though, that's why he's the best heel this company has.
>>
needs his curbstomp finisher back
>>
>>2256858
That promo was fucking shit. He should have been a face coming back.
>>
>>2256784
Just you wait til Wrestlemania ;)
>>
File: homerbooing.jpg (41KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
homerbooing.jpg
41KB, 500x333px
>>2256068
>It's not even a face move in kayfabe. Roman's not a good guy.
HE'S NOT A BAD GUY EITHER

HE'S THEEEEE GUUUUUUUY
>>
>>2256311
>that sequence with the superplex into a suplex
>>
>>2255877
Nothing bad ever happened to any Armenians.

Ever.
>>
>>2257645
I hate that move.

The whole point of a superplex is that its punishing for both the performer and the victim.

Its also inconcistent like how in RR Randy made a superplex and he sold it while the Seth does it later and he is fine.

Im glad he got fucked again for burying the superplex.
>>
>>2257663
Meant SS last year (Survivor Series).
>>
>>2256311
We don't even need Cena or AJ to pull off new moves. They have ones from their past they could bring back for the VINTAGE

Cena's got the Protobomb, AJ has the Rack bomb/Spiral Tap, nahmean
>>
>>2256836
>anon on 4chin born in 1975
Stick to Facebook gramps, it has an easier layout.
>>
>>2257663
Based Neville's bringing it back, don't worry.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.