[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did such a simple and just silly gimmick end up working so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (158KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1024x576px
Why did such a simple and just silly gimmick end up working so well? Go back and watch video of Too Cool they get some of the loudest pops of the attitude era.

[spoiler]Admit it, they were fun as hell to watch. The Royal Rumble spot is still fantastic.
>>
>>2253200
You mean when bases 'kish threw both of them out of the ring?
>>
Scotty 2 hotty and the other guy were over

Not Rikishi
>>
>>2253206
None of them were over only the worm was
>>
>>2253200
Name one good Too Cool match.
>>
>>2253230
They never had a great match but they were over as fuck EVERYONE loved them.
>>
I actually preferred them when they were heel jobbers on Shotgun Saturday, with a homoerotic gimmick. Scott "Too Hot" Taylor, and "Too Sexy" Brian Christopher; and they were called "TOO MUCH".

Their face turn was silly shit for younger kids, and really was just creative proving to themselves that it was possible to get anybody over at that point in the Attitude Era.
>>
>>2253230
They were mid careers who easily got the biggest pops. Shit, moan eventers don't get pops this big nowadays.

https://youtu.be/BAtiteQ5yUs
>>
>>2253245
Didn't they get buried because Edge and Christian were bribing the creative
>>
>>2253200
>Why did such a simple and just silly gimmick end up working so well?

They got a pop but they didn't do anything. Ever. It didn't even get Rikishi over when they tried to push him. Pops don't mean much.
>>
They weren't popular.
>>
>>2253247
Falseflag or idiot?
>>
>>2253248
>didn't even get Rikishi over when they tried to push him
Because Scotty2Hotty was over, not Rikisetty
>>
>>2253200
90s.
>>
>>2253200
Why didn't Rikishi thank Too Cool in his Hall of Fame speech?
>>
Never hear of them
>>
https://youtu.be/yVR-ajThXcM
WEW LAD
>>
>>2253977
Because he's a bitch
>>
>>2253977
Because he's a dumb nepotistic Samoan.
> muh family
> muh heritage
> Yo man we ain't black but we might as well speak like them
>>
Booking in the attitude era was top notch.

Everyone was over, even the jobbers. I know Attitude will never return, nor would I want it too, but I do wish Vince would look back and at least take some booking notes.
>>
>>2253230
Name one good Enzo & Cass match or explain to me how they aren't over.
>>
>>2253200
I wonder why Rikishi didn't give them a shoutout during his HoF speech.
>>
File: rothelsburger_fedora.jpg (47KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rothelsburger_fedora.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
>>2253230
>I watch wrestling for the matches
>>
W O R M
>>
>>2253230
when they teamed up with rock and cactus jack against dx and the radicalz
>>
>>2253200
GOATs

My fav all time tag team

>>2253230
Too Cool were very good workers. Too Cool & Rikishi v Edge & Christian & Kurt Angle was probably their best PPV match.
>>
I loved me Too Cool, sure looking back the gimmick was corny but it was funny.
>>
>>2253230

Name one bad Scotty 2 Hotty match
>>
>>2253230
vs Radicalz - No Way Out 2000
Four way elimination match at KOTR 2000
vs Right to Censor - Summerslam 2000
Enjoy
>>
>b-b-b-ut they weren't popular

Watch and listen to this fucking pop.

https://youtu.be/FniAizqERvk?t=7m43s

And then the place goes dead silence.
>>
>>2255282
That match is only remember for Kane coming back at the end and fucking everyone up

Still, Too Cool main eventing RAW in the ring with 5 past or future World Champs. Wew.
>>
The sad thing, if they came back today they wouldn't get a pop.
>>
>>2254334
Holy fucking This.
>>
>>2253200
>master sexay
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60KGGWSj_ms
>>
>>2256868
Depends on if they play the GOAT funky entrance theme or that "Turn it up" trash
>>
>>2253206
It's amazing both were comedy jobbers until Rikishi teamed up with them and got them over.
>>
>>2256892
Fuck I came here to post this

Honestly the absolute ZERO reaction worked in the context of this promo. Really highlighted what a loser Brian was.
>>
>>2254334
vs Lucha Dragons
vs Blake and Murphy

i think those are the only good enzo and cass matches, with the second being really good imo
>>
Scotty was the one who was over, but they just kept pushing Rikishi.
>>
>>2254073
i still marked out for the mad spazy shovel dance he did
>>
>>2258208
Their match vs Revival at a Takeover or something was good too.

>>2258350
The fact that he did his Too Cool dance entrance while dressed in his normal clothes while the crowd sat on their hands.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.