[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Meltzer gave this overrated piece of shit match the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 0.jpg (700KB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
700KB, 960x400px
>Meltzer gave this overrated piece of shit match the same rating as AJ vs. Cena

Seriously?
>>
Obviously because in terms of storytelling was the same.

Okada sold the leg and Minoru as a heel attack all the match the same point, a good match doesnt need more, neither spot monkeys or a lot of powermoves just a good story to tell and they did perfectly.

Now Okada vs Tiger Mask W and Omega vs W (Ibushi) unmasked
>>
So he gave an overrated piece of shit match the same rating as another overrated piece of shit match?

What's the problem?
>>
Funny, I disliked this match about as much as I disliked the John Cena VS AJ Styles match. Both pretty disappointing.
>>
>>2250565
>>2250693
I came here to post this. Damn you.
>>
>>2250552
Should've gotten 5.
>>
This match just proved how versitile of a wrestler Okada is. Everyone that complained about the ****** match just being a dragged out spot fest got 40 minutes of the classic heel works body part, face sells the whole match. Suzuki ran through pretty much every hold you can put on a knee, and Okada's selling of his injury got better and more intense as the minutes went on. They teased the gotch piledriver, and got over the fact that the RAINMAKERS were not full strength because he couldn't get his full weight into it.

This match was excellent, and anyone who says otherwises doesn't have an excuse out of "lol gook wrestling".
>>
>>2250771
Okada's selling was great, but the match dragged far too long. It felt unrealistic that Okada was able to endure the submissions for that length of time and still come back to win. It took them 40 minutes to accomplish what could have been done in 25 minutes.

The AJ/Suzuki match from 2014 was basically the same thing, except half as long, and it greatly benefited from it.
>>
>>2250552
Who cares?
You disagree, so what, it's not an objective rating, it's simply one guy's opinion on a matter. OP if you walked up to me and said "I think Santino vs Beth Phoenix was a 5 star classic", I'd tell you I gave about as much of a shit about your opinion as I do Dave's, because it's just one dude's personal thoughts on a matter.
>>
>people liked the Cena vs. AJ match at the Rumble that much

Nah. Their Summerslam match was better. Least there was a degree of selling and the desperation in Cena's face after AJ kicked out of a Avalanche AA was too notch. Their Rumble match was too much of the same with no new spots added in or extra dynamics. Don't know why people are jerking it off so hard.
>>
>>2250801
>Don't know why people are jerking it off so hard.
Because some people in this board drink the commentary's Kool-Aid and JBL won't shut up about how much of a classic the Rumble match was.
>>
>>2250801
If you didn't prefer the Rumble match, you clearly don't understand the style of mounting storytelling they were going for, using the SS match itself as a basis to form a natural progression.
It's something not usually seen in WWE, as it takes time to build up, so I suppose it's an advanced tactic many wouldn't grasp.
At least dynamite dastardly dick dynamo Dave "The Dickmeister" Meltzer does.
>>
KEK based Meltz has utterly mindbroken every IWC smark on the planet. It's absolutely IN FUCKING SANE how much buzz his 6 star shenanigans have generated, now every fat unwashed smark will hang off his every word for years.
>>
>>2250801
This. I've tried to watch their RR match three times now, and every time I keep getting distracted and missing large chunks of it because I've seen it at Summerslam already. I love Cena and AJ, but their RR match was not nearly as hype.
>>
File: salt.png (2MB, 1001x1500px) Image search: [Google]
salt.png
2MB, 1001x1500px
>>2250552

angry WWEDRONE detected
>>
IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) def. Minoru Suzuki in 40:48
Suzuki-Gun has lost every match of importance on this show. They returned at New Year Dash and Suzuki went right after Okada to set this up. Since the summer of 2015, Okada has been champion for all but 70 days. Okada had his knee heavily taped due to recent Suzuki attacks. I liked the early stuff with Suzuki going for the leg and Okada desperately getting to the ropes. Suzuki spent the bulk of the match just obliterating Okada’s leg. Inside and outside of the ring, it was all Suzuki. Okada sold the leg well for most of the match. Of course, when he had to hit his elbow he was fine. Suzuki countered the Rainmaker into another knee bar, which was great. As if the barrage of submissions wasn’t enough, Okada also withstood Suzuki-Gun interference and sent them packing. Suzuki countered a Gotch style tombstone attempt from Okada into yet another submission. The amount Okada survived is absurd. Cena and Reigns wish they got this level of superhuman booking. Okada got destroyed with strikes and put in a sleeper but of course, he still somehow fought off a Gotch piledriver. He hit a Rainmaker and did his now cheesy spot of keeping hold of the wrist. It was cool the first time but not so much now. They countered each other and Okada magically managed to hold Suzuki up for a German suplex. What happened to the leg work? He hit the Rainmaker and retained. That was a sickening display of superman booking. Parts of this match worked but a lot of it got wiped out by some of the selling, or lack thereof down the stretch. The superman stuff was absurd and took me out of the match. It was never done as believable. I understood the constant submission attempts but things were boring after a while. I know he’s the ace but the Okada stuff is getting out of hand for me. Also, this story could have bene told in a shorter window. Give me Okada/Suzuki from the G1 24 every single day over this. *¾
>>
>>2250801
RR was better apart from John absolutely no-selling Styles Clash towards the end.
>>
>>2250853
>The superman stuff was absurd and took me out of the match. It was never done as believable. I understood the constant submission attempts but things were boring after a while. I know he’s the ace but the Okada stuff is getting out of hand for me. Also, this story could have bene told in a shorter window. Give me Okada/Suzuki from the G1 24 every single day over this.

>says all this
>gives it 4.75
>>
>>2250552
AJ vs Cena was overrated
>>
>>2250806
It's an advanced tactic that WWE failed at. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>2250883
>he can't even understand WWE's storytelling

*puts a reaffirming hand on your shoulder*
I'm so sorry.
>>
WWE is show.
NJPW is fight.
>>
>>2250552
It was a great match. The only part I disliked was Okada not selling his leg the entire match. He'd move around at times like he was perfectly fine.
>>
>>2250949
>The only part I disliked was Okada not selling his leg the entire match. He'd move around at times like he was perfectly fine.
Because he's the Ace now and his power level is the highest. You're allowed to work like that once you hit that level.
>>
>>2250958
Nah, I agree with him. Even BMJ/Roman only forget to sell for their finish/sequences, and people shit on them for that all the time.
Okada's selling generally is very good though, so it's mostly cool. He's kinda Nakamura-mode where he sells exceptionally and just forgets randomly, not even at pivotal parts.
>>
>>2250853
I agree completely with Dave Meltzer's review of that and don't understand the star ranking he gave.
>>
>>2250964
probably because it wasn't le meltz and it was some guy named kevsta

http://kevstaaaprowrestling.blogspot.com/2017/02/njpw-new-beginning-in-sapporo-review.html
>>
>>2250967
Oh, alright. Well, I agree with that dude. The match dragged on for too long and Okada no-sold the leg injury, I never thought Suzuki had a chance at winning.

Okada/Omega was outstanding but this was just boring.
>>
>>2250552
Meltzer is gay for Okada. There's nothing he wants more than to gobble on the dick of the Jap John Cena with the misaligned teeth.
>>
>>2250853

>Gives this match 1.75 stars because Okada didn't sell the entire time and was booked as utterly invincible
>Gives a match where Okada no-sells being dropped on his head from the top fucking rope six stars

Guys, I'm beginning to think Meltz has lost his marbles.
>>
>>2250993
>>2250967

le meltz gave this one 4.75
>>
>>2250993
You've made a huge mistake
>>
>>2250978
Implying you wouldn't gobble the cock of the ace.
>>
File: naito.png (1MB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
naito.png
1MB, 1310x873px
>>2250999
I would not

I don't blow guys that can't wrestle
>>
it was better than the ogayga match
>>
People say that he's biased to Japan when he gave Styles/Cena the same rating as this.

Shocked he didn't give this 5, it was a psychological match that told a story and not just a finisher kickout spam
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.