[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone actually like this piece of shit or is it just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

File: John_Cena_2012.jpg (265KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
John_Cena_2012.jpg
265KB, 1200x1600px
Does anyone actually like this piece of shit or is it just shitposting?
>>
>>2250278
Why didn't ""wrestling"" become popular again under Cena?
>>
>>2250278
I really liked Cena from when he first debuted on Smackdown to the time he was drafted to RAW the first time as champion. He was given the WWE title too early and it felt like it cut off the good story that was there for his rise to the championship. And he started to dumb down his character a lot.

Then he made The Marine and he became some kind of wanna-be army guy for six years for a long time and had these endless boring feuds with Edge. That happened when I was in college and I took a long break following WWE on a weekly basis during that time because the show sucked.

But sometime around 2010 I started watching WWE again because I had two televisions in the living room and I'd throw it on while I was playing video games on the other one. I started to notice CM Punk and the show was becoming good-ish again. Around 2013 Cena had the great feud with Punk at MITB and most of his work since that time period has been top notch. There were several stretches in there where you could easily have said he was the overall best wrestler in the world.
>>
>>2250284
It's called a bubble burst. Remember when Mobile Apps were a thing? Then the novelty faded off and people figured what apps they really need. Now the trend is having less apps on your phone. People who didn't like wrestling but watched because of Austin/Rock/Hogan moved on. People who didn't like the fact that it was pre-determined sports moved on. Many found better entertainment in MMA. MMA promoted itself much better and is more socially acceptable as "cool" universally. Watching Wrestling is not

WWE know this and John Cena allowed them to achieve a conversion cycle, which means the fans are now parents and hopefully they can convert their children, in the process they're getting an entire family to buy merchandise (See that Bayley NXT kid)

What WWE as a company lacks in creativity, they make up in business sense
>>
>>2250304
>wwe
>business sense

pick one
>>
>>2250278
I like him when he isn't going over
>>
>>2250316
They run a monopoly and are making profits offering 6 digit salaries to the bottom of the card. When Triple H takes over, it will be a sinking ship

Their only competition is Impact Wrestling which few months ago, didn't have money to host Bound for Glory
>>
>>2250340
TNA isn't even competition to PWG.
>>
File: ooh ooh.jpg (355KB, 1400x1119px) Image search: [Google]
ooh ooh.jpg
355KB, 1400x1119px
>>2250294
>Went over as an anti hero gangster type character who cheated when needed in order to win
>Turn him into a babyface
>On top of that, make it so his matches have him beat up for the entirety of it only for him to OVERCOME THE ODDS and win with minimal offense
>Every single time

What was Vince thinking?
>>
File: bmj.png (610KB, 402x1206px) Image search: [Google]
bmj.png
610KB, 402x1206px
OFFICIAL JOHN CENA TIMELINE RANKINGS:

2015-present (Big Match John) >>> 2003-2006 (Thugonomics) >>>>>>>>>>>> 2007-2014 (The Marine/SuperCena)
>>
>>2250381
I'd push Big Match John back to around 2011 when Cena cut the promo with Vince where he talked about going somewhere else to wrestle if he couldn't wrestle in the WWE. That promo signified a shift in his character where he began to show more depth.
>>
>>2250404
Big Match John didn't happen until 2015 when he started putting on Big Matches weekly during his US title reign.
>>
>>2250404
Or actually, I'd go ahead and split 2011 "Face that Runs the Place" into an era from 2011-2014 and "Big Match John" began with his US Title Run in 2015.
>>
The Doctor of Thugonomics was alright

The Marine/CENAWINSLOL version was where he became such a hated and shitty meme wrestler

Present day John is one of the best stars in the industry currently, comes off as being a legitimate veteran on the Smackdown brand and constantly puts on good matches (Even some amazing ones recently with AJ).

I admit I used to dislike him during his CENAWINSLOL phase but since I came back to watching WWE in 2016 I actually really like him as a star.
>>
>>2250409
Yeah, good point. There's definitely a shift in quality there after the Nexus burial when he started wrestling Punk and later Bryan.

OFFICIAL JOHN CENA TIMELINE RANKINGS:

2015-present (Big Match John) >> 2011-2014 (The Face that Runs the Place) >>> 2003-2006 (Thugonomics) >>>>>>>>>> 2007-2010(The Marine/SuperCena)
>>
>>2250444
I wonder what happened. Did destroying so many careers all at once finally get to him?
>>
File: prototype[1].png (322KB, 515x650px) Image search: [Google]
prototype[1].png
322KB, 515x650px
>>2250444
There is one more era you have forgotten about and that is his run in OVW as "The Prototype" which would be ahead of Super Cena in this list.
>>
>>2250505
What about roll up John Cena
>>
>>2250505
The hair alone automatically makes him the worst.
>>
>>2250278
Yeah, I like him, while I disagree with his huge pushes, he puts on great matches, has charisma, and great mic skills. What's not to like?
>>
File: Luke Cena.jpg (58KB, 382x716px) Image search: [Google]
Luke Cena.jpg
58KB, 382x716px
y/n?
>>
>>2250278

He's one of the greatest of all time, so of course people actually like him.
>>
File: raw96-15-1.png (8KB, 820x434px) Image search: [Google]
raw96-15-1.png
8KB, 820x434px
>>2250284
He did the best he could after Gaytch drove everyone away. Him and Batista brought up the rating for the first time since 2000 in 2005 and then he brought it up again the next year

It took ten years for there to be as many viewers lost as Triple H did in three
>>
>>2250912
>since 2000

meant 1999
>>
>>2250912
>Muh ratings

No one gives a shit about ratings

Batista and Cena brought huge buyrates for 05-08

Gaytch btfo
>>
>>2250912
>nonstop decline from 2006 to 2013
>haitch's fault

imagine being this much of a liar
>>
>>2250923
Yes I know, which is why I said "he did the best he could"

>>2250927
What are you on about? I said "AFTER" Gaytch drove everyone away. Theres a massive drop from 2001 to 2004, while it took ten years for there to be such a big drop under Cena

For 2002, they averaged a 4.01 rating. The last time they hit 4.0 that year was August 19th. Coincidentally, this was around the time RAW became the Triple H show and Bischoff literally handed him the belt.
>>
>>2250934
You should have posted a pic of the buyrates and not the ratings then
>>
>>2250923
Don't forget Cena main evented four of the top 5 most bought Manias ever including the two highest (23, 27-29)

>inb4 it was all Dwayne

Rocks first match back at survivor series barely increased the buyrate, Rock vs cena was the draw
>>
>>2250934
Gaitch wasn't the n.1 star in 2001 since he was actually out for most of the year. Why are you blaming him?

2001: -1.24 rating
2002: -0-63 rating (here haitch was main eventing at mania and from the brand split after Summerslam)
2003: -0.24 big reign of terror
2004: -0.1 Benoit champ, then Orton then Haitch again

Out of the 4 years, Haitch reign of terror was the second best.
>>
>>2250942
I posted the ratings because it was the last time in company history that there was an increase

>>2250945
I wasn't blaming him for 2001, I was blaming him for the drop from that point despite the wrestling boom already being ended in 2001. At the beginning of 2002 when the nWo and shit were there they were in the mid-high 4's and even hit 5.0 a few times, and by the end they didn't even hit a 4.0 for the last four months.

And yes I realize Triple H came back at the beginning of 2002 and was hot as fuck as a face. Just him wasn't the problem, the show being centered and completely built around him was
>>
Also
2003: -0.24 HHH's reign of terror
2007: -0.29 John Cena reign of terror, winning Royal Rumble title match, main eventing No Way Out, WM, Backlash, Judgment Day, ONS, Vengeance, Great American Bash,Summerslam all clean wins

>>2250950
But 2002 he wasn't even bad. His feud with HBK was actually good, though SD had an amazing feud between Kurt and Brock.

2003 was the big bad year of Haitch but ratings wise it wasn't that bad as shown above.
Also had Goldberg signed for more than a year he'd have had a longer title run.
>>
>>2250975
He wasn't bad for the first half of 2002, the second half is where the show started to be built around him and ratings fell off a cliff. His feud with Shawn didn't move the needle at all as evidenced by them not getting a 4.0 in the last 4 months.

Him "burying" Goldberg in 2003 is overstated in my opinion as Goldberg was shit throughout that run. He was booed big against Rock and Jericho, just felt like after two straight years of WWE burying WCW why would they start to get behind him now? The combination of HHH getting bad opponents (washed up WCW rejects, Kane who never drew a dime, etc) and him always being the focus of RAW was the downfall.
>>
>not liking BMJ
Another smark successfully worked
>>
>>2250985
If your character is a babyface and people hate you, you've failed at your job.

I know Cena likes to go on about how getting a negative reaction is good as long as he gets a reaction, but it's really just him trying to cope with it. Deep down, he knows he's fucked up.
>>
>>2250981
What really went wrong was Bischoff just handing him the belt.

That was just dumb. Anything would have been more exciting. Hey let's make a tournament to determine Raw's champion. Nah.

The first Elimination Chamber was actually good.

Also in the second half of 2002 the most over babyface on Raw was RVD but they never gave him a chance.
>>
>>2251005
>RVD

He got one match against HHH in the midcard of some PPV and that was it. They should have just built on that but I guess HHH liked working with Shawn better
>>
>>2251010
Yeah he had to do his gay thing with HBK. Which wasn't even bad but they left money on the table.
>>
Also in 2003 the WCW flops were so bad that Hurricane was the third highest merch seller in WWE, behind Rock and Austin.

Btfoing HHH, HBK, Taker and all the others.
>>
>>2250278
I quit watching for a long damn time because of his reign of terror. There was nothing remotely entertaining about the entire roster lining up to job to him, or his overcome the odds bullshit.

People's opinion on him improved greatly once he wasn't mega pushed every week. But now it's the same problem with Roman but even worse because he doesn't have half of Cena's charisma.
>>
Let's go Cena

CENA SUCKS
>>
>>2251045
Roman is not mega-pushed. Overused? Sure. But he's not against losing, and he does it regularly.
>>
File: angle0li.png (188KB, 640x690px) Image search: [Google]
angle0li.png
188KB, 640x690px
>>2250912
>>2250923
>>2250927
>>2250934
>Implying it wasn't because Austin and Rock left
>>
No one actually likes him.
>>
Cena is great. He's the one true superstar that we have in this era, he took the ball and ran with it. He does so much for the company and for the business it's undeniable that he's one of the GOATs.

I would personally prefer it if he stayed out of the WWE title scene and give some others time to shine since he's a draw on his own without the title. He's probably losing this Sunday so this reign doesn't really count.

My only real problem with him is I have no idea how you can be a wrestler for as long as Cena has and still be so bad at selling. It's the same "get stunned look and look at your hand" selling every damn match.
>>
>>2250278
My only problem with him right now is the brightly colored attire. I'd rather he stick to the military aesthetic.
>>
>>2250896
y
>>
>>2252737
>Roman is not mega-pushed.

He's had 1 unambiguously clean singles loss in his entire WWE career.
>>
>>2250372
Pretty sad that John will probably never recover from the mixed reactions

His rep is too tarnished at this point and the same will happen to Roman
>>
>>2253832
But it's not sad that Roman won't recover from the go-away heat anon.
>>
>>2253677
Finn Balor, right? And even that was only because he was in the Big Doghouse for the wellness violation.
>>
>>2253943
That'd be it.
>>
I liked him last year with him putting over the US title and AJ but now that he just comes back whenever he wants and wins the WHC I dislike him again.
>>
Cena is fucking awful. All he does is bury talent that's better than him so he can maintain his place in the top spot. He even had the nerve to bury based AJ, a man with more wrestling ability in his pinky than Cena has in his entire body. And on the same night when he tied Ric Flair to boot. What a narcissistic waste of air.
>>
>>2250340

WWE don't offer 6 figures to lower card guys, Sami zayn was on minimum wage in NXT as was Edge in 96
>>
>>2252737
>Roman is not overpushed

>Main evented every Mania since his singles push
>Only 1 clean loss and even then it was only because he pissed hot
>Legend after legend forced to shill for him
>Rest of the RAW roster made to look weak so he's the only one who looks legit
>The show has been built around him for almost 2 years

Explain how that isn't a mega push.
>>
>>2253957
>putting over the US title

Do people still believe this?
>>
>>2253978
Why wouldn't they? It was John fucking Cena competing for a midcard title. It made it seem a lot more relevant.
>>
>>2253984
It was John fucking Cena going over everybody in the midcard until he needed to go on break.
>>
>>2253990
It was the US Title going over, not the midcarders
>>
>>2254026
>went on Rollins after Cena cashed in for a failed world title shot
>went on Alberto and died a hideous death
>>
>>2253973
>Main evented every Mania since his singles push
nope, daniel bryan main evented in 2014. And Reigns most likely won't main event this year

>Only 1 clean loss and even then it was only because he pissed hot

Nope, he's lost clean many times. This is smark fake news that no one with a brain buys.

>Legend after legend forced to shill for him
"H-how dare legends praise him? They must be shilling! Even the ones not employed by wwe!"
The state of (you)

>Rest of the RAW roster made to look weak so he's the only one who looks legit
Balor, Rollins, Joe, Strowman, Goldberg, Lesnar. Literally just making shit up ya seething smark

>The show has been built around him for almost 2 years
It hasn't but it should be
>>
>>2254044
>daniel bryan main evented in 2014
Are you retarded? Reigns was still in the Shield.
>>
>>2254044
>Nope, he's lost clean many times.
Name them.
>>
>>2254044
Why put this much typing into this lazy bait?
>>
>>2251045
This exactly. I stopped watching because it was boring watching Cena go over every single time.

Even now I'm not a huge fan of his partially because of his stupid outfits (bright colors, propeller hats, wristbands and jorts in 2017, Jesus Christ) but I find him tolerable because he has good matches and puts people over now.
>>
if he wins at elimination chamber, im legitimately going to stop watching wwe until vince either dies or goes bankrupt
>>
>>2254057
>vs Finn Balor on raw
>vs Seth Rollins at mitb
>vs big show on raw
>pinned clean by Ambrose in Battleground triple threat
>pinned clean in shield vs wyatts at EC
>vs Rollins vs Lesnar WM31
there's probably other ones too. I'm too lazy to look it up.
>>
>>2254167
Please do.
>>
>>2254204
yeah so about, 2 months?
>>
Can't wait till John drops the title to Bray, if only so the autists would shut up.
>>
>>2250372
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nDaHAjhFvE

I miss Chain Gang Cena. What a cheeky bastard.
>>
>>2250278
When everyone started doing the five moves of doom I started liking Cena, simply because he was head and shoulders above the rest of the indie shitters.
>>
>>2250278

He is undoubtedly HOF material and will go down in history as The Man next to Rock, Hogan and Austin.
>>
>>2254641
He doesn't deserve to.
>>
>>2254200
>YaFag putting this much effort into being completely and utterly wrong
Kinda embarrassed for you pal
>>
>>2255699
Why not? Give me reasons.
>>
>>2254200
>Big Show - RAW
>WrestleMania 31

kek
>>
>>2255794
He was top dog in a much smaller kingdom.

>blah-blah-blah expanding globally

Happens no matter who's on top.
>>
>>2255794
He's trash
>>
>>2254375
lol Cena has never even been "head and shoulders above" the standard ROH midcarder.
>>
I like him
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.