[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is Vince trying to achieve by letting this old man squash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: bill-goldberg.jpg (97KB, 1125x633px) Image search: [Google]
bill-goldberg.jpg
97KB, 1125x633px
So what is Vince trying to achieve by letting this old man squash wrestlers who actually have a carrier in front of them and need wins far more than him?
>>
>>2248919
>carrier
What did op mean by this?
>>
>>2248926
>carrier
I meant career. Sorry about that.
>>
yeah that brock lesnar guy is the future of the business, he really needs some wins
>>
they dont draw

goldberg draws
>>
Hes actually a draw unlike Record LOwens
>>
>>2248919
Who, Brock?
>>
>>2248942
>>2248947
This
WWE doesn't do wrestling, it does business
>>
>>2248919
>""""needs"""" a win
Sure Titus needs a win. Noam Dar needs a win. James Ellsworth needs a win. But they gotta draw a dime to show that they DESERVE a win. Oldberg outdraws all of these new age numales with ease.
>>
>>2248919
Reminder that Vince wants this company to die before he does.
>>
None of those wrestlers will ever draw as many dimes as a 50 year old Goldberg.
>>
>>2248926
To be fair to OP, Redditcho is Carrying Owens
>>
File: image.jpg (236KB, 1024x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236KB, 1024x660px
>>
can oldberg even wrestle?

I mean he looks better than most wrestlers, he's decent at mic, but can all he's done in the ring is a couple of spears to lesnar, and 5 minutes in the rumble, I don't think he can last 30 minutes in a match at wrestlemania
>>
it's so they can actually turn KO heel because wwe doesn't know how to do that without betrayal. Dumb fucking smarks cheering him and best friend gimmicks with catchphrase machine doesn't help
>>
>>2248919
Only guy he's squashing is Brock. He's drawing a crowd so other wrestlers can get over with said crowd.
>>
Vince does not look ahead. He wants a good show that night and that's it.
>>
File: sdfsgfg.png (408KB, 399x546px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsgfg.png
408KB, 399x546px
>>2249054
That match won't go much longer than 10. Goldberg couldn't go any longer than that in his prime.

Also, what the fuck is this shit Jewgle? Making me play fucking Where's Waldo with your shit captchas
>>
>>2249187
Shit like this is so retarded.
>hurr lets hire some pensioner who is WAY past his time and cant wrestle for shit anymore, Im sure people will love this

It hurts actual young wrestlers and on top of this old superstars who look like a joke. Just look at undertaker, he is in a sad state, got fat and cant pull proper matches without getting carried. All it does is hurting everyone in the ring, literally and figuratively. If anything that faggot Vince should instead PUSH active wrestlers with old superstars. Let Bray become the new Undertaker by defeating him, let Aj beat Oldberg, create new superstars for fucks sake. Its getting boring as shit that at each PPV the mainevent is some match with an old man that cant wrestle for more than 5 minutes.
>>
i know it's a meme but I really hope goldberg injures owens in such a way that he's forced to diet and work out his upper body for a while. not even reddit could deny his return pop would be 100x louder if he showed up after a year completely ripped looking badass

but in reality all he'd really do is post sarcastic tweets and have a worse return than rollins because that's the state of modern wrestling
>>
>>2249266

I got one the other day where I had to draw an outline around a fucking sign.
>>
There gonna feed him to the big Dog.

Right after he gets done going over Samoa Joe of course.
>>
>>2249350
They're*

That was a close one, people almost didn't take my post seriously.
>>
File: 1478670436643.jpg (384KB, 1532x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1478670436643.jpg
384KB, 1532x1440px
>>2249350
Wouldnt even suprise me 2bh.

>brock was a literal monster, squashing strong wrestlers left and right, even fucking Cena and Undertaker
>gets oneshotted by Oldberg
>Roman beats Oldberg with a superman punch and a spear
>Roman is now literally the strongest wrestler in the entire roster

I would love to know what the crowd would do if this happens.
>>
>>2249355
They're gonna bitch,whine, and still tune in.
>>
>>2249355
nope he jobbed to the twink balor clean and didnt get his win back
>>
>>2249286
desu Goldberg is the only reason I came back to watch
>>
>>2249372
Balorina can't stay on the injury table for ever. The big dog lies in wait.
>>
>>2249395
Going by the ratings, its the only reason anyone comes back to watch. Smarks mad that their darlings don't draw.
>>
>>2248919
Its because hes one of the last handful of draws for casual viewers. there will come a time when Greenberg, Lesnar, and Undertaker are too old to even be part timers. Hell Undertaker might be too old already.
>>
>>2249498
Yup so they better milk them for all they're worth now, god know the numale generation isn't gonna draw.
>>
File: Scott-Steiner.jpg (34KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
Scott-Steiner.jpg
34KB, 642x361px
No young guys can draw, it's legitimately that simple.

Asides from some classics, most modern main event wrestlers (Particularly the faces) don't have any definitive traits, combine that with a distinct lack of Charisma and everyone boils down to being fairly similar asides from attire and finishers.

The move towards indy darlings killed this business because all they can do is put on shit spots that completely take you out of a match with how absurd they are (Looking at shit like the Canadian Destroyer). They don't put on interesting promos, they don't put asses in seats that weren't there before, and many of them certainly can't draw a fucking dime to save their lives.
>>
>>2249355
Roman and Goldberg both own a kayfabe advantage against Goldberg because of the stomach illness Brock had.

They've been playing it since Reigns original run against Brock (where seff cashed in).
>>
>>2249529
>most modern main event wrestlers (Particularly the faces) don't have any definitive traits
that's mostly creative's fault
>>
>>2249698
>Goldberg has an advantage over Goldberg

Will Based Big Bull Bill be the first one to step up to Roman's meme and spear himself?
>>
>>2249266
>>2249331
hello.....newfags.

summer is upon us
>>
>>2249355
they would legit throw cans and bottles.....if the millenial manlets can throw that is....
>>
>>2249713
I meant over Brock obviously. Diverticulitis and all.
>>
Even Oldberg is worth far more than Owens, any Shield member, or any other "young" guy they've pushed in recent years.
>>
>>2249021
>do """"""""business"""""""""
>their """""""""business"""""""""" is literally just rely on old fucks till they can't move anymore
>literally no plans at that point and the only ones being built for the """""""""future"""""""" are some samoan who they literally can't book well to get over or draw to even get bret levels of merch sales and tickets sold at all, an injury prone lanklet and some balding ex death match wrestler

bravo wwe, it worked so well in the 90s for wcw
>>
>>2248942
>>2249021
>guys who get jobbed out to nostalgia acts don't draw

DEFINITELY ELECTRIFIES THE OL' NEURONS

>>2249023
How can somebody draw if they're never put in a position to do so?

>>2249427
>Smarks mad

ebin

What happens when Vince has no more nostalgia acts?

>>2249529
>posts an "indy darling"
>>
>>2249733
>typing like that
you're the only newfag here seek sunlight you cringy /b/tard
>>
>>2250135
>literally no plans at that point
This. It works now, but as soon as all old guys cant go into the ring anymore Vince (or HHH) will have a bad time. The current roster lacks wrestlers that are both, strong and active in the ring. So far only Brock is someone on Attitude level in strength, but since he is a parttimer it doesnt matter too much. And he got fucked twice by Goldberg. I guess Vince tried with Roman to build a star for the future, but we all know that this didnt work at all. There is just no one in the roster that sticks out too much, and if he does he will face some old wrestler (or Cena) and get fucked by him, killing all momentum. Why even cheer for anyone if you know he will get buried sooner or later anyway.
>>
>>2250171
>How can somebody draw if they're never put in a position to do so?
They get countless raws, smackdowns and ppvs to show that they can draw a dime and they fail constantly.

Wrestlemania isn't the time to try and push the anti-draws.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.