[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this guy living proof why you should not push too early?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: cena_3.jpg (132KB, 629x720px)
cena_3.jpg
132KB, 629x720px
Is this guy living proof why you should not push too early?

This guy in the last year has proved himself to be one of the top 5 workers in the company and I couldn't care less because I've spent the last decade watching him get pushed to the moon and being put in every type of main event match against every type of main event opponent known to man before he had the skills to back it up.

In 5 years Roman will be ready to main event Wrestlemania and I won't give a shit because he already main evented Wrestlemania before he was ready and it was shit.
>>
He's the exact opposite of proof that you shouldn't push a talented young guy.

In 2005 he rescued the ratings after JBL and Triple H sank them. Look at the charts, the ratings rose in '05 and '06 when he was champion.

He rose to the top, sold a ridiculous amount of merch, drew dimes aplenty and carried the company single-handedly.

He kept his nose clean, no drugs, no crimes, no racist rants. Great for the company image.

He's got massive crossover appeal and is now one of wwe's top 3 all time biggest stars.

The success of Cena is why Reigns is being pushed today. Smark opinions are irrelevant because they'll be wrong again, just like they were with Cena.
>>
>>2221024
Lol. Cena isn't in the top 10 workers let alone 5. Why is he so fucking overrated by smarks now? Jesus Christ. He's average at best and his matches are nothing special unless he's with a great worker or going on a great story.
>>
>>2221080

Name 10 workers in the company better than Cena
>>
>>2221080
cena's matches the last couple years have been great senpai are you stupid?
>>
>>2221080
>unless he's with a great worker

Yeah, we all know how great Bobby Lashley or Umaga was in 2007.
>>
>>2221084

Got that guy, but I'll try.

Rollins
Balor
Samoa Joe
AJ Styles
Neville
Kevin Fattapotamus Owens
Chris Jericho

Well, he can arguably be the 7th best worker in the company.

Unless Austin Aries is still in NXT. I haven't paid much attention to that. If he is, Cena is, at best, 8th best
>>
>>2221041
>Top 3 all time biggest stars
>Hogan
>Rock
>Austin
>>
>>2221132
>Rollins
>Chris Jericho
>Balor

Go back.
>>
>>2221080
Because they were babbies when his push started. The only thing he did was add movez, his strikes and execution are still shit and he has no concept of selling, psychology, or match layout.
>>
>>2221041
He's 4th on the list of WWE's biggest stars, behind Rock, Austin & Hogan
>>
>>2221138
>>2221359
Fair enough. But I'd put him above Rock personally.
>>
>>2221080
Once you surpass the age of 18, you will understand the greatness of Cena
>>
>>2221375
Filtered
>>
File: IMG_7412.jpg (80KB, 400x400px)
IMG_7412.jpg
80KB, 400x400px
>>2221429
Well above 18 here, and no he sucks balls. He and Vince tank the company so hard that it's no longer relevant in pop culture like the AE was and it's an embarrassment these days to admit you watch it. He's a talent leech that is massively overrated by PG kiddies like yourself. All you gotta ask yourself is this. If he was in the AE at the company's peak, would he have made it or been relevant? Answer is HELL NO!
>>
>>2221449
Turn 18.
>>
>>2221041
Everyone liked Cena before they made him a squeaky clean superhero character
>>
>>2221375
>i personally think differently about an objective fact
I'd put this in the top 3 most retarded posts on /asp/ personally
>>
>>2221084
Rollins
Reigns
Balor
Joe
AJ
Rusev
Owens
Orton
Jericho
Nakameme
Zayn
Asuka
etc
>>
>>2221462
Exactly.

What started it for me was the lame "JBL is a poophead" spray-painted on his limo. Cena was, up until that point, an Austin-like face in that he would cheat if needed to beat the heels.

Shortly after beating JBL for his 1st World title is when they watered his gimmick down and he started to become more kid-friendly.
>>
>>2221496
No
No
No
No
Yes
No
No
No
No
No
Yes
lmfao should've known this was bait
>>
>>2221496

workers in the company better than Cena

>Yes
Rollins
AJ
Jericho

>Maybe
Owens
Zayn

>No
Reigns
Balor
Rusev
Orton

>At one point but not now
Joe
Nakameme
Asuka
>>
>>2221512
>JBL is poopy
didn't happen until years after Cena first feuded with JBL.
>>
>>2221523
>2017
>jericho
>better than cena
I'd say Rollins and him are equal
>>
>>2221523
>2017
>Jericho
No. Prime Jericho is better easily, though.
>>
>>2221541
>>2221546

The question was over being a better worker which Jericho absolutely still is even in 2017. The man is almost incapable of having a bad match.
>>
>>2221449
I could see edgy Cena being a decent midcarder there.
>>
>>2221132
Neville piss break
>>
>>2221553
Cena/AJ matches >>>>>>>>> Jericho/AJ matches

That's all I need to type to demonstrate Cena is a better worker than Jericho in the current year.
>>
>>2221041
>He kept his nose clean, no drugs, no crimes, no racist rants. Great for the company image.

Especially true after Benoit. Cena did a hell of a lot to repair the companies damaged reputation. They could push him to the front, and because he is so clean and he does so much for charities, they could more easily deflect all the criticism.
>>
>>2221553
Cena hasn't had a bad match in a long time
>>
>>2221496
This.

I'll even add 5 more names
Cesaro
Neville
Lesnar (when he's not lazy and trys)
Harper
Ibushi
>>
>>2221523
>at one point but not now

Nakamura vs Roode was unironically better than every Cena vs AJ match.
>>
>>2221591

1. No it wasn't.

2. Good workers don't only give a shit for PPVs
>>
Cena had charisma as a rapper, Eminiem ripoff

Roman never had that.

Cena was 26 when he won his first title. Roman 31.
In 5 years, by the time, according to your argument, Roman will be ready, he'll be 37.

And WWE won't be around at this rate.
>>
>>2221565

That's bc when AJ faces Cena or when anybody faces Cena they're allowed to do more moves WWE usually won't let them do and the match has at least 10 kick-outs and 5+ finishers for a false sense of drama..

Use your fucking brain, if you let AJ and Jericho go for 25+ minutes and with no restrictions like Vince does with Cena it would easily be better than the AJ/Cena matches
>>
>>2221585
Yes
No
No
No
Hahahahaha
>>
>>2221605
>its a "i know what happens backstage and exactly what vince allows and disallows" post
>>
>>2221614

Not a response
>>
>>2221605
All that needs to be said right here. If you don't get what this anon is saying, then you're a hopeless cause. No need for me or this guy to waste anymore time here
>>
>>2221540
I stand corrected then. That is when they moved to PG and that's when I started hating Cena. Although they did start watering him down after his first feud with JBL, this just made Cena even more unbearable.
>>
>>2221621
>its not a response if i say it isnt lalala cant hear you
Retarded smark
>>
>>2221467
Rock was second fiddle to Austin. Even in 2000 where they gave him the ball, any time austin was on screen, he got bigger pops than rock.

Cena had no one around to take the pressure off him.
>>
>>2221614
>>2221649

Try typing a complete thought without using a meme arrow you autist
>>
>>2221653
>your text is green so ill just dismiss your post
el
oh
el
>>
>>2221041
Roman isn't squeaky clean anymore even if he got busted for Adderall.

He's also more heelish than Cena ever was in his entire career. The only thing he hasn't done yet is start shooting and burying guys on the mic where the other guy can't reply back.
>>
>>2221112
>kicking out of each others finishers for 20 minutes
>great
>>
>>2221605

Yeah, Jericho not being able to keep up with AJ, losing steps in general, setting up contrived counters he can't follow through with smoothly like nearly always and botching is because Jericho had no freedom in his matches with AJ.

Anyone who thinks Jericho is a great wrestler in 2017 is fucking retarded.
>>
>>2221140
No....Chris Jericho is a better worker in every sense of the word
>constantly putting people over even if it slightly damaged his reputation to marks
>constantly adapting his character and consistently getting his new character over
>can go better at the age of 47 then Cena could at the age of 27...Cena now is at his peak but for more years out of his career, Y2J was objectively and undeniably the better wrestler

It's only from Cena's booking and consistent main event presence that he is seen as the better worker but anyone with eyes and sense knows that Jericho is better
>>
>>2221887
oh I forgot to make this point
>actually has high risk moves in his repertoire that he rarely botches vs Super Safe Cena

how anyone can say Cena is the better worker without being a mark is just mindboggling....literally every possible argument besides current wrestling ability is in favor of Jericho
>>
>>2221887

Literally said nothing that makes Jericho a good in-ring worker, the actual topic. Shut the fuck up if you can't actually argue a point.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.