[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did he manage to stay in the main event so long without drawing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

how did he manage to stay in the main event so long without drawing one single dime?
>>
>>2186800
Probably that big contract. Can't have him on the midcard while paying him that much.
>>
>>2186800
>muscles
>no talent
that is literally all you need to become a main eventer in WWE
>>
>>2186800
He was the Roman Reigns of his time. I wonder if smarka ironically supported him as well?
>>
>>2186893
Maybe in WWF but in WCW Luger was over and got a huge pop when he beat hogan
>>
>>2186800
He was a big guy that looked awesome and was consistently pushed and people were a bit more open to that back then, and while he wasn't the most charismatic or even terribly good you could actually see him progress and he had some kind of weird appeal to him that made him oddly memorable even though you knew he wasn't that good.
>>
File: 1485297852114.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1485297852114.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>be built as Hogans replacement
>draw 0 dimes
what did lexetty mean by this?
>>
>>2186800
Same way Roman Reigns did. He kept on getting booked like a top guy when he was shit.
>>
he was making almost a million in wcw in 2000

nobody has gotten more out of less in wrestling history
>>
>>2186800
He was over as fuck for a while in WCW. They wasted the potential they had in him and Sting badly in 96/97.
>>
The Torture Rack is possibly one of the worst finishers ever.
>>
>>2186915
this. luger was over as fuck in wcw.
>>
>>2186995
>be built as Cena's replacement
>draw 0 dimes
He really was the Roman Reigns of his time.
>>
Remember, back then The Fed's crowds were very different to DubyaCeeDubya. Luger got huge in the South because they were used to seeing pot-bellied mustached brawlers and then comes along this Californian bodybuilder with flowing blonde hair, of course he was going to stand out.

But in the Fed crowds, he was just a smaller and way less charismatic Hogan.
>>
>>2186915
So if he goes to TNA will Roman be over?
>>
>>2187064
>TNA

when Luger beat Hogan for the belt WCW was destroying WWF in the ratings
>>
>>2187063
What is fed?
>>
i like a lot of his old matches.with flair and.sting.in the late70s/early80s was he really that green and protected?

i remember him lifting yoko was a big thing and his steel forearm.gimmick
>>
My first memory of wrestling is seeing Lex Luger bounce his man titties and get everybody hyped up that he was gonna bodyslam that fatshit Yokozuna on that aircraft carrier but he couldn't get it done.

Lex Luger is a loser
>>
File: mao2.5.png (255KB, 352x520px) Image search: [Google]
mao2.5.png
255KB, 352x520px
>Lex Luger
>Never drawing a dime

You sir, are absolutely fucking batshit. Luger was over as fuck.
>>
File: 20150402074953d27.jpg (57KB, 387x676px) Image search: [Google]
20150402074953d27.jpg
57KB, 387x676px
>>2187023
you've shit taste
>>
>>2187307
do you realize how much of an antidraw you have to be to make vince "big guys" mcmahon consider pushing bret hart to the main event instead of you
>>
he actually drew a lot in nwa, wcw and wwf
>>
The infamous Luger-Brody match in Florida. Lex ran as Brody started shooting.

https://youtu.be/epmXA8w0Qjo
>>
>>2187307
being over =/= being a draw
>>
>>2189050

In fairness, steroid trial was also a factor in BretShawn's push.
>>
>>2186800
listened to Bryan Alvarez on Lance Storm's and Cyrus' podcast yesterday
he talked about how Luger got a YUGE pop when he won the WCW belt (and then had to give it back to Hogan a few days later)
>>
>>2190010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEuQRggqU7A

Yet another moment they wasted on for free. And Hogan won the title back the same week at the shitty Hog Wild PPV.
>>
>>2186893
It's not really fair to compare them.

Back then, they had to actually listen to fans. Now they can just change their minds on a whim.
>>
>>2190014
>Malenko at 4:12

kek
>>
>>2187285
But he did bodyslam Yokozuna in the deck of the USS Intrepid and saved America you newbie faggot lying sack of shit.
>>
>>2187234
He means WWF as in the World Wrestling FEDeration
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.