[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RAM is basically WCW at this point. They keep bring in old guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: RAW-WV-e1437556749634.jpg (62KB, 660x399px) Image search: [Google]
RAW-WV-e1437556749634.jpg
62KB, 660x399px
RAM is basically WCW at this point.

They keep bring in old guys to boost ratings in the short term:
-Goldberg 2 weeks ago
-HBK and Undercarder last week
-Lesnar this week

None of the new guys draws a dime.
The quality of the product sucks.
Their best guy is 45.

WCW 1999-2000
>>
>>2170155
yeah pretty much. one look at the rumble poster will tell you that wwe is completely aware of the fact that their entire roster blows ass so they have to bring back guys who don't suck and plaster them on the front.
>>
>>2170155
RAM doesn't even have the NWO wrecking shit.
>>
>>2170155
>None of the new guys draws a dime

True but you can't fully blame the talents for that. You said it yourself, the quality of the product sucks. And creative refuses to put any effort into putting on a good show or developing characters.

No shit none of the new guys draw a dime when they're all booked like losers or just some dude in wrestling gear. I doubt even Stone Cold or Rock could get over in modern WWE.
>>
>>2170182
They practically had the New Day do that in the tag division
>>
>>2170183
In most guys cases, it's 90% fault of the management and those in charge.

SD is there to show that they can do better and they aren't.

And even SD isn't that great because it still hs a plenty of the limitations Raw has.
>>
>>2170183
Shit, modern day Rock would be Rocky Maivia main eventing to deafening boos while Vince screamed "PUSH HIM HARDER! HARDER!"
>>
>>2170216
>Smackdown proves that WWE can do better but they aren't

Fucking this. SD is a great example of what even semi competent booking can do. Dolph Ziggler's character wasn't working, so they changed it.

What a fucking concept.
>>
>>2170180
>so they have to bring back guys who don't suck and plaster them on the front
But all they could get were Undercarder, Oldberg and Post-2015 Lesnar?
>>
>>2170155
None of the comparisons you've drawn outside of Goldberg being on the roster apply to WCW. This is an 18+ board, junior.
>>
>>2170257
>Over reliance on old talent
>Borderline refusal to build new stars
>Piss poor booking
>Management is constantly being featured
>Increasingly low ratings
>Backstage politics

Sounds like WCW to me.
>>
>lesnar an old guy
>best guy is 45
>anything like wcw
>>
>>2170277
You're an idiot
>>
>>2170284
Wow great rebuttal :)
>>
>>2170277
>Sounds like WCW to me.
>Sounds like WCW
>Sounds like
>Sounds

exactly. because you're not old enough to have seen it live. if you were, you wouldn't buy into Vince's revisionist history. even on its worst day WCW was nowhere near as bad as the shit WWE pumps out now. it was actually much better than WWE for a few years.
>>
>>2170464
You should probably hear what wrestlers who worked for WCW have to say about it; and not just butthurt guys. Listen to Scott Hall remembering how mangement had this idea tht if a guy gets paid more, than he should always go over the new guys; or the ''drunk Hall'' gimmick wanted by Bischoff, all the money wasted over trivial things, shows without definitive sheet 5 mins before the beginning, Arquette and Russo WCW champions, Oklahoma, Souled Out 97 with women hired from the parking lot... please.

And WWE sucks right now. Still not as bad as WCW lows.
>>
>>2170483
>And WWE sucks right now. Still not as bad as WCW lows.

It is. WCW may have had some shitty ideas, but at least they were memorable. I can't think of a single thing the WWE has done in forever that will be looked back on in 10-15 years time and be remembered.
>>
>>2170464
get the fuck out of here you autistic nigger faggot. RAM is nowhere near as bad as Russo WCW,so clearly YOU arent old enough to have said that
>>
>>2170501
This anon gets what I'm saying
>>2170542
Calm your bitchtits, Cornettey. I'm 29.
>>
>>2170501
This. At least WCW tried to do something original every once in a while, no matter how retarded it might be.
>>
>>2170501
Summer of Punk and Daniel Bryan getting giga pops will be rememebered. Ok if you reduce the timeframe, very little of the last 2 years will leave a positive memory.
Roman's push is as bad as the fingerpoke of doom.
>>
>>2170155
>old fucks still drawing
Just make the old fucks champions and fire all the indy manlets.
>>
>>2170980
IMO the ellsworth push has been the best thing this last year
>>
>>2171005
you're the cancer ruining wrestling if you actually believe this
>>
>>2171000
And then what happens when the old fucks break a hip and go to a retirement home?

>le indy manlets

Grow up.

>>2170980
New Day were legit the only saving grace of 2015.

Styles was the MVP of 2016 and it's not even close.
>>
File: 1483689457849.jpg (102KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1483689457849.jpg
102KB, 1024x576px
>2170155
Spoken like a true WWE Baby. You just get done watching Monday Night Wars champ. And last time i checked Hogan/Nash/Savage/Flair/Luger/Hall/Sting/DDP etc were not "part times" and were fulltimers so there goes ur fucktarded initial point, infact most of them were quite over so why would they not be the main eventers you moron. Secondly WCWs demise had nothing to do with ratings or part timers or even sum of the wacky angles at the time and everything to do with draining money from huge contracts and the new owners having little to no interest in investing in "wrasslin". Word has it since Vinny Mac had connects with AOL at the time, they shut the company down for him, so theres that conspiracy too.

And Modern WWE problems have nothing to do with part timers either, more to do with general disinterest from the casuals they used to thrive on and the total lack of interesting content from the last 5 to 10 years.

>>2170980
>Finger poke of doom
>bad

WWE Network /WhatCulture babies need to go now. Amazing how modern smarks whine about how stale and predictabe the current product is, yet they still lambast one of the most tasteful swerves ever that worked smarks and marks alike.
>>
>>2173079
please be pasta
>>
>>2173079
NwoWolfcuc spotted.
>>
>>2170183
>>2170229
Austin would be a midcard jobber-to-the-stars who never got time for promos.
>>
Any period of WCW was miles ahead of any bullshit RAM does nowadays. Its just so bland and boring show
>>
File: 1483358171683.jpg (2MB, 3208x4389px) Image search: [Google]
1483358171683.jpg
2MB, 3208x4389px
>>2173101
>a few paragraphs hurts the WWE babies brain

Get fucked ya stupid wannabe smark.
>>
>>2170337
>make up random bullshit
>hurrr durrr debate me
>>
>>2173079
>wasting Goldberg's first defeat on someone who's 40 and one that is even older instead of creating new stars
>''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''good''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

It's basically how they committed suicide in the ratings war.
>but muh following week higher amiright

yeah and that was one of the last time Nitro won before being eclipsed by million of viewers in difference and never catching up, it worked so well, didn't it?
>>
File: 1474762725264.jpg (40KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474762725264.jpg
40KB, 600x400px
>>2173109
>Based nWoWolfChad forever making the WWE babies SEETHE
>>
>>2173113
WCW 2000 was inexorably terrible.

>>2173114
I thought you Geordies were supposed to know how to bants.
>>
>>2173118
Look m8 i never claimed late 90s/early 00s WCW was perfect but neither is it the lowest of the low of wreslting that its made out to be especially when WWE lowers the bar every week.

Goldberg losing was never gonna be perfect but Goldberg losing via taser made for an entertainment moment and Nash was the best person for the job at the time. Frankly, Scott Steiner and DDP would have been the only reasonable choices to go over Goldberg clean

WCW was never gonna take that hot streak from WWE at the time, they were in their Nitro 96-98 esque run at that point and the FPOD made logical sense to impliment at the time.
>>
>>2170155
>Their best guy is 45.
Who
>>
>>2173181
Why DDP or Steiner?

Goldberg losing could have only been:

-the new top heel, I'm not sure Jarret would have been a good fit for the job, because he's forgettable
-the new top face who proves he's stronger or as strong as Goldberg

someone who was 32 max when it happened

instead they chose Nash, to give it to Hogan the day later

it was shit, just like it'd be shit for WWE to have Goldberg vs Lesnar main event now, or winning the Rumble, or Taker winning

except that the Rumble is once a year and there was only 1 Goldberg streak in history

so shitX100
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.