[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>From now on, please call me Dwayne Johnson. I want to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: rocky.jpg (18KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
rocky.jpg
18KB, 277x400px
>From now on, please call me Dwayne Johnson. I want to be known as Dwayne Johnson the actor and not The Rock

What did he mean by this?
>>
He's rightfully ashamed of wrestling
>>
He meant that any normal person looks down on wrestling and he needed to distance himself from it to make it in Hollywood

Now the WWE comes to him instead of it being the other way around
>>
>>2150909
Didn't they laugh at Batista and tell him the movie was gonna flop?
>>
>>2150909
when did he say that? smarks btfo
>>
>>2150925
Yes

>“I said, ‘Wouldn’t it be great if I was back and I was also in the No. 1 movie in the world?’ And they kind of had a snicker and [they said] ‘… We don’t know if the movie’s going to be that good.’ … It was a very uncomfortable moment where I think they were just kind of doubting me and laughing in my face”

>>2150926
>>
>>2150932
source? I cant find it
>>
>>2150918
Because the wwe had a copyright on it and had to give them money
>>
>>2150948
Fuck off to reddit
>>
>>2150948
on the batista quote, http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/batista-summerslam-2014-return-triple-h-stephanie-mcmahon-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

Rock, http://www.impeccabledwaynejohnson.org/2006/10/dwayne-johnson-the-gridiron-gang-interview-blacknewscom/
>>
>>2150954
bro can you read? he said i never wanted to say that
>>
>>2150954
the batista one is accurate tho

funny how triple h and steph are more out of touch than Vincent fucking K McmA+++hon

trips pulled for bryan
vince wanted batista to win
>>
>>2150961
Yeah, he didn't want to say it five years before 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXLvR6ZaZk4

>Johnson surprised tourists at Hong Kong's Disneyland as he made an appearance at the daily parade show. In this video, Johnson also meets the press to discuss the film and his legacy as The Rock, although the media were politely told to not address him by that name.
>>
>>2150964
Nobody called GoTG being a hit.

>Vince wanted Batista to win

That'd be a good way to kill ratings and stillbirth his Network.
>>
>>2150985
Hey Paul!

>>2150970
I swear that on recent talk shows people call him Dwayne The Rock Johnson
>>
File: race_to_witch_mountain.jpg (98KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
race_to_witch_mountain.jpg
98KB, 510x755px
>>2150993
I'm sure that him and WWE mended the bridge now but for awhile it was just "Dwayne Johnson"
>>
>>2151003
>$67,172,594 box office

Dwayne Johnson wasnt a draw, The Rock was the draw
>>
>>2150993
>Hey Paul!

Awesome contribution junior.

GoTG being a smash hit was completely unexpected. Like...6+?
>>
>>2150954
>>2150970
>read article
>watch video
Nice job OP, you tricked the whole thread.
>>
>>2151027
No it wasnt. Do you not have friends? Everyone was talking about it once the trailer dropped. That's why the opening weekend was so big, everyone was hyped for it. I was dragged to it with an entire 12 person group and I don't even watch super hero movies. Get a life, get friends.
>>
>>2151042
>dragged to it
>get friends

Sounds like (you) need to get better friends pal.

But that's not what this is about, is it?
>>
>>2150909
He mean that he doesn't want to enter on an endless legal battle against Vince McMahon and the WWE for the rights of The Rock character. It's too much effort and it's not worthy. Besides, the wrestlers that tried to appropiated from their in-ring personas didn't end well, see Ryback and Warrior Warrior
>>
the guy got a clue, hit the gym, and quit being a mark
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.