[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>called up from NXT >expected to be known by fans already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: jbl.jpg (40KB, 446x667px) Image search: [Google]
jbl.jpg
40KB, 446x667px
>called up from NXT
>expected to be known by fans already even though only smarks watch NXT

I literally had zero reason to care about Finn Balor but he was immediately shot to the fucking moon. All I know is he's a flippy manlet with a stupid demon thing to try to inject some charisma into him
>>
Balor isn't even flippy.

>WWE actually pushing a top guy like a top guy from the beginning
>>
>>2149203
Well that's your choice to not watch nxt. I know SD/Raw are for casuals but you shouldn't expect them to feed you information you can find with a google search
>>
>>2149218
>>2149214
>developing a gimmick is wrong
How many guys have been pushed to the moon when they first got to the company and went on to be liked and be successful? Hogan?
>>
>>2149241
Balor developed his gimmick. That's why he was in DEVELOPMENTAL for 2 years, dunce.

For a given value of "pushed to the Moon":

>Piper
>Savage
>DiBiase
>Angle
>Lesnar
>>
>>2149248
>Piper
>DiBiase
>pushed to the moon
neither ever got the WWE title, wouldn't really say they were pushed to the moon
and how about that guy called The Prototype? His gimmick made in developmental got him far huh?
>>
>>2149241
Don't they develop gimmicks in nxt? why repeat the same steps on the main roster?

I know its a different format, different audience, but the nxt brand shares a lot of the same fans
>>
>>2149259
Different eras. Both of them walked in as immediate main event players.

>The Prototype

How is this relevant in any way? Why don't you bring up Damaja or Johnny Jeter while you're at it?
>>
>>2149218
casuals are dropping like flies already. The last thing they're gonna do is go out of their way to educate themselves on the professional history of whatever twink shows up on their screen.
>>
Who cares how much time is spent developing a gimmick in NXT? You better hope you get a good nickname on the main roster because that's what will be promoted about you the most.
>>
>>2149203
>expected to be known by fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1LSHXd4UBw

Seems like that was a pretty reasonable expectation. Maybe this is a you problem, not a WWE problem.
>>
>>2149331
Casuals dont give a shit to begin with. If the representation of casuals is the dead silence during the main event in the crowd, then good riddance
>>
>>2149286
>Different eras. Both of them walked in as immediate main event players.
>Different eras
And neither of them still didn't win the belt let alone hold a newly unveiled world title 2 weeks in.

>How is this relevant in any way?
Its relevant because no casual watches developemental. You could have brought up finn balor with a dildo salesman gimmick and no one would have blinked twice
>>
>>2149347
As I said: different eras. This is the era where only a handful of the absolute top guys won THE world title, instead of shitters like Swagger getting A world title.

>And neither of them still didn't win the belt

m8

>dildo salesman gimmick

I'm pretty sure people would've blinked twice at that.

Oh, and as for: "how many guys were pushed to the moon upon debuting and went on to be liked and successful"?

How about...THE CHAMP THAT RUNS THE CAMP?
>>
>>2149351
AJ Styles could probably get a dildo salesman gimmick over.

The Chap That Sells The Strap(-On).
>>
>>2149347
>dildo salesman gimmick
now i want this
>>
>>2149344
Or maybe this is a "ratings are dying because they do shit like this do the casuals" problem.

And he still only got mediocre reaction from the smarkiest of smark crowds.
His debut was even more quiet and when he won the belt, even the smarks didn't give a shit and were just chanting about the belt.
>>
>>2149369
You mean like when Brock Lesnar debuted outta nowhere on RAW in 2002?
>>
>>2149369
Do you even realize what you're saying? You're supposing that casuals are gonna stop watching because they're gonna look at Finn Balor on Raw and be like "Wow, this guy was pushed WAY too quickly."

If a guy shows up and is entertaining, he's gonna get over with casuals and guess what, Balor was getting over with audiences on the main roster and before we get into an argument where I say he was getting over and you say there was zero reaction, he wasn't getting booed out of every building, which is an automatic improvement over what was happening with their top babyface.
>>
>>2149360
the hick who sells a dick
>>
>>2149203
>flippy
>balor
He's about as flippy as Roman. Try actually watching the show instead of parroting memes from retarded aspies. This board is as bad as reddit
>>
>>2149203
Based JBL
>>
>>2149468
Kek
>>
>casuals
>casuals
>casuals
Shut the fuck up. I guarantee most of you don't know even a single 'casual' fan. I know a casual and his favourite wrestlers are Balor and Rollins. Enough of this casuals = anti-smarks bullshit
>>
>>2149203
He's known for his NJPW days. Nobody actually watch or care about NXT.
>>
>>2149419
kek
>>
>>2149203
Balor fucking sucks
>>
>>2149621
Stay in school.

>known for being Pete Best of BizCliz
>before New Japan even started doing English shows
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.