[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Great buildups ruined by awful matches pic related, ev

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1280x720-S7f[1].jpg (182KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-S7f[1].jpg
182KB, 1280x720px
ITT: Great buildups ruined by awful matches

pic related, everything about this buildup was great but the match sucked fucking dick

also this segment is underrated af

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBEObbwfp38
>>
But muh Triple H Wrestlemania Main Event
>>
>>2133371
>build up is all about how much they hate each other and have a wonderful violent it will be
>Match has a stipulation where HHH will lose the title if he gets DQ'd
>>
>>2133371
not a single draw in that video
>>
>>2133371
this shit was fucking terrible until batista returned. no idea why batista didnt return before mania
>>
>>2133371
>b-but muh HBK/taker killed the crowd
>>
the day wrestling died
>>
>>2133923
>ok Steve here's how it's gonna go, say something if you disagree
>ok terry
>despite me being scared of you for a year I'm going to come out and look cocky as usual like I'm facing a jobber
>.....
>then when the match starts I'm going to dominate it on offense and make you look weak
>.......
>next im going to drop the leg on you and pin you clean, you can kick out right after 3 though
>......
>then the match will restart and you'll win. Sound good?
>of course terry, you're the man

What did stink mean by this?
>>
>>2133923
The fact that Sting couldn't even draw in TNA (iirc Angle and Joe had the highest buyrates) makes me think that Hulk and Bischoff were right thinking that he couldn't have been "the guy" for a long time
>>
>>2133923
Bischoff: We want Sting to have a grand entrance
Hogan: No, he should just walk down to the ring like normal brother.
Bischoff: Well, I at least want you to do the job for Sting clean.
Hogan: No way, dude.
Bischoff: Can we make it a fast count?
Hogan: As long as it's a normal count jack.
Bischoff: How about before that Sting just annihilates you and-
Hogan: No way brother, I'm going to dominate most of the match dude, and make Sting look bad. He hasn't wrestled in over a year so we can use that as the excuse jack.
Bischoff: Okay, can we at least have the NWO do the usual run in?
Hogan: I don't think so dude, of all the times that it would make sense, this surely isn't one of them. I need to look strong in going over Sting.
Bischoff: But Sting HAS to get the title.
Hogan: Bring out Nick Patrick to do a regular count, and then have Bret Hart come out and tell them to restart the match because of a fast count-
Bischoff: Which will be a regular count?
Hogan: Exactly brother, and that way Sting looks stupid, Bret looks stupid immediately upon coming to WCW, and I look like the badass even though Sting "wins".
Bischoff: But-
Hogan: And since I'm doing the job here, I'm going to get the belt back almost immediately, and the NWO will continue to run wild brother jack dude!

*Hogan swims backwards out of the meeting*
>>
>>2133923
You just made me so fucking sad. Cunt Hogan indeed.
>>
>>2133923
RIP wcw

If hogan did us a favour and died in 1996, wcw may well have won the monday night wars
>>
File: Sy8mE.png (256KB, 430x273px) Image search: [Google]
Sy8mE.png
256KB, 430x273px
That build up video made Miz look like a million bucks. Then the match happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GEq75UxSRE
>>
>>2134003
if hogan died in 1996 then you'd have kevin nash stepping right in his place, politics and all

scott hall called bischoff "eazy e" because of how easy he was to manipulate
>>
>>2134004
no it didn't

Who the fuck actually liked the miz?
>>
>>2134006
Bischoff was a mark for every wrestler because he wanted to be "one of the boys", but with Hogan it was on another level. He would have probably Benoit'd his family if Hogan told him to.
>>
>>2134010
People who have had sex before
>>
>>2134006
bischoff was a monumental faggot but I doubt he would have held his asshole open like that for anyone other than hogan
>>
>>2134021
He even takes 100% of the blame for the booking and said Hogan had nothing to do with it, all these years later.
>>
File: Starrcade_Sting.0.0.jpg (41KB, 730x487px) Image search: [Google]
Starrcade_Sting.0.0.jpg
41KB, 730x487px
>>2133923
>Guys, this is our biggest PPV ever, let's close it with a screwy finish
>>
>>2134024
hogan has never beaten sting
hogan loves steve and puts him over all the time

100% bischoffs shit booking and him mad at sting being a little fat
>>
>>2133923
This makes me sad
>>
>>2134004
That NAS song would be perfect for any promo.
>>
>>2133993
>*Hogan swims backwards out of the meeting*
He's so graceful.
>>
File: hogan.gif (757KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
hogan.gif
757KB, 200x150px
>>2134316
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.