[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dolph Ziggler On Hating John Cena For Real, Part-timers Taking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_maxbqb0KCg1rag8qmo1_500.jpg (24KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maxbqb0KCg1rag8qmo1_500.jpg
24KB, 480x640px
Source: Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast

On episode 115 of Sam Roberts' Wrestling Podcast, professional broadcaster and professional wrestling enthusiast Sam Roberts shared an interview he conducted with Dolph Ziggler. The interview was apropos in light of Ziggler's recent shift in attitude on WWE SmackDown Live. During the interview, Ziggler said he hates John Cena for having the spot atop WWE. Also, Ziggler talked about so-called part-timers returning to WWE for WrestleMania season.

According to Ziggler, he hates Cena because even though he is a better wrestler than Cena, Cena has a better connection with the fanbase. looking like a movie star and being a great wrestler does not necessarily create a connection with the fans.

> "I hate [Cena], and, like, for real. Yeah, I hate everything he stands for. I hate how awkwardly he runs. I hate that I'm better at wrestling, but he has this awesome connection with the fans and I'm so great at wrestling and I haven't made that great connection with all the fans that aren't in New York." Ziggler added, "there has to be some substance to a character and we know John. We know his 'Hustle, Loyalty, Respect'. We know he's not going to back down. He's the face of the company. What do we know about me? I'm jacked, shredded, look like a movie star, and have great matches. That doesn't connect with everyone."

Ziggler explained that he hates Cena because he wants Cena's spot.

> "He is the face of the company for a reason. He does all those Make-A-Wish [wishes] for a reason. He's constantly in some main event, perhaps WrestleMania's main event, because he is our poster guy. He is our guy and it's great. That's why I hate him. I want to be in that spot and one day I'm going to be. It is so frustrating, especially when I'm like, 'but I'm so good!' It drives me. It's fun and we have a nice little rivalry where he does things his way. We don't always see things eye-to-eye and it makes things that much more fun."
>>
On the subject of 'part-timers,' Ziggler said that it made him mad that they come back and eat up WrestleMania spots, but it fuels him and that he understands the business behind bringing back former stars.

> "It drives me. It really makes me mad. But everything my whole life has been a chip on my shoulder, like, 'ah, you're too short,' or 'we're going to keep you here,' or 'we're going to make you a cheerleader - good luck getting out of that one'. And then it's like, 'oh yeah? I'm going to be better than everybody else.' And you get there and you see there is a draw, a reason these guys come back every time because we, I, grew up watching those guys. I feel that connection that you don't always have with younger generations right now and they're, business-wise, it's a smart move. It makes the biggest movie star in the entire world who is main eventing our pay-per-view, our WrestleMania, so that's eyes that we somehow don't see, who don't know who Dolph Ziggler is, they're going to get a chance to see me, so you have to see the positives in it. Man, it makes me so mad, but there is a positive spin to it in the end for business, in the long run. Hopefully, it make me a bigger star down the line."

According to Ziggler, his time will come once all the 'part-timers' clear out and that his outspoken attitude has "probably" held him back in his pro wrestling career.

> "I feel like once those part-time guys start to fade away, once we open it up again, that tends to be a time where, 'alright, you talked all this crap, go deliver.'"

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0109/621027/dolph-ziggler-on-hating-john-cena-for-real/
>>
File: 1478757625814.jpg (24KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1478757625814.jpg
24KB, 320x320px
zigs keepin kayfabe alive and being a heel outside of wwe
get worked
>>
>>2132185
Reminder that Ziggy used to date Nikki Bella.

Although it does sound like he's angling for a Cena feud.
>>
>Ziggler
>great matches
>>
>>2132193

ziggy/miz at backlash was great
>>
>>2132183
>I hate that I'm better at wrestling

No chance. Does anyone actually think Dolph is better than Cena?
>>
I know Dolph a food wrestler. He has good matches with Cena, triple h, even Ryder. But I never seem to care for him or give a shit about him. He's so plain and boring. Wasn't even good on total divas and he had a banger storyline
>>
>>2132209
The fact Meltzer gave that match only 3.25 stars is a fucking sin.
>>
>>2132212
People who actually watch matches?
>>
>>2132209
Ziggler's only good matches since 2014 have been a couple this year vs Miz.

Meanwhile Cena has had at least 8 really good ones.
>>
>>2132252

Name people both Dolph and Cena have had matches with. 9 times out 10 Cena had the better matches. Miz is the only one I see in Dolph's favor.
>>
>>2132260
Bryan
Alberto
HarpGOAT
>>
>>2132264
>Bryan

Yeah, time to not take you seriously. I would've said Alberto too but I don't remember that LMS match he had with Cena.
>>
>>2132272
So you didn't watch their matches in 2010, got it.
>>
Lmo marks
Ziggler will obviously be BMJ'S first feud after WrestleMania

Get worked
>>
>>2132341

It's pretty clearly in-character, you idiot, as the very first post that isn't by the OP states.
>>
>>2132193
lol rollins babbies are the best
>>
File: ziggler_fail.gif (980KB, 350x355px) Image search: [Google]
ziggler_fail.gif
980KB, 350x355px
Ziggler fucking sucks

Is that guy still around?
>>
based zig
>>
>>2132246
Add three stars if it's not wwe according to Metzler
>>
> I'm like, 'but I'm so good!'

No, he is not good. Maybe if he stops to try to be HBK, would be better
>>
>>2132408
Yeah remember when Dave totally overrated a ROH or TNA match?
>>
>>2132272
So you just started watching WWE just now right? Since him and Bryan had matches in 2010.
>>
Friendly reminder Ziggler is a heel now and therefore cut a heel promo in character.
>>
>>2132185
Based ziggles
>>
>>2132260
In terms of pure wrestling ability, Ziggler is better. Cena may have had more good matches, but that's because a big part of what makes a good match is the story behind it. Cenas matches have more story behind them, which makes each moment of the match more exciting and more important. That doesn't mean he's actually better at wrestling.
>>
>>2132276
>>2132618
Not him, but Cena/DBry at SS is probably better than those.
>>
File: image.gif (83KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
83KB, 200x200px
>>2132183
>Ziggler
>looking like a movie star
>>
>>2132183
>>2132184
Good promo,if they feud and they probably will because dolph is heel now,i hope they put decent matches and have a good storyline,both of them have nice mic work,it could be good
>>
File: 1480539225165.jpg (112KB, 627x455px) Image search: [Google]
1480539225165.jpg
112KB, 627x455px
Nigger Killer Ziggler is no match to my BMJ's power level.
>>
>ziggles SEETHING

based BMJ working ziggles into a shoot.
>>
>>2132260
Cena's character has enough weight behind it to imbue each move or gesture with significance. Same with his promos, in that he's given more creative freedom to dig deep and press up against the fourth wall. It's a credit to his booking, not to him.

That being said, of all the people who are better than Cena, Ziggler isn't one of them. I totally agree with him on Cena's awkward limp-legged posture though, it pisses me the fuck off throughout all his matches.
>>
>>2132743
>a shoot
Ziggler is just doing kayfabe heel work, don't be such a mark.
>>
>>2132255
His match against HHH on that random RAW before last year's Wrestlemania was great imo.
>>
>>2132689
>Cena/DBry at SS is probably better than those.

Gee, someone with a brain.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.