[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people usually group "charisma" and "mic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: hulk-hogan-7-28.jpg (73KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
hulk-hogan-7-28.jpg
73KB, 300x450px
Why do people usually group "charisma" and "mic skills" together?

An example is Hulk Hogan. He had amazing natural charisma and clearly had a larger than life presence, but I've seen people call him one of the best mic workers/promos of all time. He was good of course, but how many "WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING MEAN GENE" or rambling in circles as Hollywood could you endure? If he cut more promos like the one at Bash At The Beach 1996 it would make sense, but he isn't one of the best mic workers of all time to me. He had a shitload of charisma, though

On the other end, CM Punk was an amazing promo but had zero natural charisma or personality. If you saw CM Punk on the street without knowing who he was, you wouldn't go "wow" or give him a second look. He doesn't ooze charisma like Hogan, Savage, Rock, etc. Despite that, he was a great promo
>>
>>2130235
>he didn't like the Hollywood Hogan and based Bischoff promos
>>
>>2130235
This. People saying Bryan had no charisma make me laugh. He had weak mic skills but you don't get that fucking over with no charisma.
>>
Benoit had charisma but no mic skills
>>
Your examples suck, Hulk was great on the mic, repetitive, but great. Same with Punk, he was full of charisma over with the crowd.

I know what you mean though. A better example would be Bryan. Not the man of a silver tongue, but people still loved him because he was an honest, down to Earth likeable man.
>>
>>2130242
They were entertaining, but usually none of them made sense and it didn't advance the storyline. If they were at point A and had to get to point B when Hollywood came out, they would be at point Z by the end of the promo and you wouldn't really know what was going on

>>2130249
I agree

>>2130250
I said he was good on the mic, but "one of the best ever" is a stretch to me. To compare, Randy Savage was in his prime in the same era and his promos still hold up today. The promos he was cutting on Hogan leading up to WM5 were fantastic, while it was more of the same old from Hogan
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.