[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a long-time fan of New Japan, it's really rare you see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: fingerpointy cleanerman.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fingerpointy cleanerman.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
As a long-time fan of New Japan, it's really rare you see a talent of the caliber of Kenny Omega rise to his stratosphere as a Gaijin. So, no memes, none of that, do you think he'll take all that ability to the big dance, WWE?
Because, lets be honest, though I am a huge fan of his ring-work, from a professional perspective – and that's what they are, first and foremost: businessmen, professionals – there's only one place he can make the real money and solidify a legacy. That's WWE.
Do you think he has the balls to jump ship, or will he always be content to play the little-leagues, as big fish, little pond?
AJ Styles did it, and went from an indie guy, to an all-time great. I'd say Kenny may even be better than him. And with them content on pushing goofs like Seth, Roman and Finn, who Omega kills in talent, he's in a prime position right now.
tl;dr, is Kenny content staying OmE-ga, or will he try and become OmegA+?
>>
>>2130165
>. So, no memes, none of that, do you think he'll take all that ability to the big dance, WWE?

I hope not. WWE's reputation for mishandling great talent from other promotions is legendary.

> there's only one place he can make the real money and solidify a legacy. That's WWE.

I'd be curious to know how much he makes now. As far as legacy is concerned, saying that he doesn't have one because he's not in WWE is short-sighted and ethnocentric. Everyone in his business knows how good he is now. The Japanese fanbase, while smaller than the US recognizes him as well. Your average American mark may not know about him, but how much does that and MAYBE a spot in WWE's Hall of Fame mean?

>Do you think he has the balls to jump ship, or will he always be content to play the little-leagues, as big fish, little pond?

I personally wouldn't because, like I said, the chances of WWE mishandling him and wasting time jobbing him out to Roman Reigns or something is significant. Not worth the risk in my opinion.
>>
>>2130165
No. He's happy toiling in the minors.
>>
It's difficult to tell, but I genuinely get the sense that he'll stay in Japan. He seems to have a deep hatred for WWE. It's visible even in streams he's been a part of -- once WWE comes into the subject (usually with the old "Will you ever go to the WWE?" question attached) he says no instantly and looks visibly bothered, or at the very least pensive.

I think he's better off in Japan. Whatever market the WWE doesn't have their hands on, really. They'd ruin him -- they'd take away from what he loves doing most and they'd impose limits upon him that he'd be stuck trying to break more than anything else. The art would suffer, and he's one of those guys that cares more about the pure essence of pro wrestling than making money, or so it seems.
>>
>>2130165
Cummies Obeta will never leave the little-leagues
>>
>>2130230
At the risk of sounding like a weeb, I disklike the idea of calling NJPW the minors. Comparing the style of wrestling and promos in the WWE to NJPW is like comparing apples and oranges. They're both fruit, but they're vastly different otherwise, and there is no objective superior.
>>
>>2130254
t. weeb
>>
>>2130165
Omega has the look, he has the wrestling ability and his mic skills are decent. He can be a player in WWE for sure. The only problem is, no one is talking about the elephant in the room.

Kenny Omega is a hardcore roid head. NJPW knows it, and WWE knows it, Look at him from his time in ROH and look at him now. There is no way he is not on some serious HGH or juice. Compound that with his insane bumps and numerous injuries and his need for steroids exponentially rises.

And if you think WWE will turn a blind eye, this is the same company that suspended Reigns. No sweeping under the rug, no HHH treatment. Omega will not be able to hide from the piss-man and his cup.
>>
>>2130254
Cringe
>>
Kenny is only 33, I want him to rule the Japan world for five years or so, then cap off his career with a 3 year WWE run.
>>
He's literally a cruiserweight in the WWE
>>
>>2130165
AJ Styles was already an all-time great before coming 2 the WWE,he just has more recognization now
>>
>>2130293
Kenny is barely bigger than AJ and has like, one inch of muscle more than literal DYEL Okada, next to real roidheads like Gunn and Honma he's a little toothpick twerp.

He's been working out for 10+ years and has autism, of course he looks good and juicy you small minded lazy fatass.
>>
Kek he's a smaller jasethy. Wwe does not need another jasethy. Especially an even smaller one. Jasethy sucks and should be fired. This guy shouldn't even be hired.
>>
>>2130293
Checking for roids on a scripted(fake) sport is so stupid
>>
>>2130297
How is saying that NJPW and WWE are different cringe?
>>
File: okada.gif (1MB, 450x251px) Image search: [Google]
okada.gif
1MB, 450x251px
>>2130165

>Do you think he has the balls to jump ship, or will he always be content to play the little-leagues, as big fish, little pond?

Funny, Okada had this to say once:

"I have heard people say that if I stay in Japan that I will be a big fish in a small pond, but I do not agree. If people think Japan is a small pond, then I will rebuild the pond with my own hands and make it as large as the Pacific Ocean.”
>>
>>2130409
The cringe
>>
>>2130452
>>2130297
Is that all you can say?
>>
>>2130562
Don't ever expect carter to have a real discussion.
>>
>>2130571
sup carter
>>
>>2130293
This. Dude wouldn't pass wellness, at least not at this point.
>>
>>2130409
CRINGE
>>
>>2130452
>>2130576
>njpw is actually expanding their product with Okada as the face of the company in order to keep true to their japanese roots
>le cringe

/asp/ truly is the worst board.
>>
>>2130409
>"I have heard people say that if I stay in Japan that I will be a big fish in a small pond, but I do not agree. If people think Japan is a small pond, then I will rebuild the pond with my own hands and make it as large as the Pacific Ocean.”

cringe
>>
>>2130596
>>njpw is actually expanding their product

kekekekeke
>>
>>2130604
wk 11 drew in the US higher than any njpw show before
it also draws fairly well in japan
give it time and it will outdraw wwe with their better matches and better creative
>>
>>2130229
Fpbp
>>
>>2130604
Doing G1 in Cali. I think that's expanding your base.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/790659-new-japan-announces-first-ever-u-s-tour-dates-in-los-angeles-adam-cole-breaks-major-ring-of-honor-record-at-wrestle-kingdom
>>
>>2131233
I just doubt it bud but we'll see
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.