[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett told Sky Sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: woi.gif (2MB, 367x245px) Image search: [Google]
woi.gif
2MB, 367x245px
>WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett told Sky Sports this week that he stopped delivering his "I'm afraid I've got some bad news..." promos because WWE officials told him to as fans were joining in on the promos and cheering him.
What did WWE mean by that?
>>
>>2129747

>Well you see Barrett we dont want you to get over.
>>
That nobody but AJ Styles has been allowed to get over on their own in years.
>>
>heel gets cheered by the crowd
>WWE does the right thing to stop it
>>
>>2129747

He's supposed to be a heel. If you're told to be a heel and start trying to get cheers then you're not doing your job.
>>
>>2129760

Yeah, that's why Jericho has stopped using all those catchphrases.
>>
How the fuck is WWE still a functioning company when they repeatedly go against their own best interests?
>>
>>2129760
>>2129759

Instead of turning the guy face and try to milk the popularity of the guy or phrase, the WWE decides to snuff out any possibility of making money out of if.
>>
>>2129760

But that's wrong, Jericho has openly said he has decided to get his phrases over.

Some heels Vince is ok with getting cheered
>>
>Hm, this heel has a popular catchphrase, fans are joining in on it and cheering him.
>I guess we should turn him babyface?
>Clean out your desk, you're fucking done here!
>>
>>2129764

Jericho has been there long enough to do what he wants and has been a heel before. Bad News Jobber couldn't even get over as a heel.
>>
>>2129769
This
>>
File: Roman_Reigns.0.jpg (34KB, 599x503px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Reigns.0.jpg
34KB, 599x503px
>>2129747
>Give wrestler a gimmick
>Wrestler gets over with the gimmick
>Ruin his gimmick and then sack him for it
>>
File: woi2.gif (1017KB, 400x208px) Image search: [Google]
woi2.gif
1017KB, 400x208px
>tfw based barret was unironically the best part of SS
>>
>>2129760
>Austin stop using that Stone Cold gimmick, you are getting way too over
>Cena stop using ''you can't see me'' you are getting too ver
>let's also keep away the mic from The Rock because his promos are too good

do you realize the most successful characters and catchphrases WWE had in the last 25 years were out of heels?

So we now have evidence WWE is self-sabotaging its own product because only certain guys are allowed to be over.

(And they can't).
>>
>>2129900
Back then they were struggling for ratings. Today they have the luxury of picking and choosing who gets over and who doesn't
>>
>Bad News gimmick made famous by JBL & Cole Show, obvious face gimmick
>surprised, shocked and appalled that it's over with crowds
>>
>>2129907
>because they can they should make retarded decisions
>>
>>2129769
only Roman is the face wwe needs, damn it.
>>
File: 1364413805043.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
1364413805043.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>>2129747
>mfw Barrett got more cheers by accident than Roman can on purpose.
>>
>>2129759
>WWE does the right thing to stop it

Wasn't the most over time of Stone Cold's life when he was a heel? Wasn't the Rock so over than he got cheered even when he was a heel? Why not just go with it? Barret's got a character and people like it.
>>
>>2129750
New Day did, for better or worse (It was for worse).
>>
>>2129759
People should knock it off with clinging to this black and white face and heel stuff, tbqh.
>>
>>2129907
>Back then they were struggling for ratings
And what the fuck would you call what they're doing right now?
>>
I thought Vince was really high on Berret and the Bad News gimmick. It was the injury that derailed that run and nothing else. They should've canned Swagger for that too. Also, he was supposed to win MitB that year but that injury happened.
>>
>>2130247
Being Barrett was suffering
>get injured by Beeg, not your fault
>get injured by Swagger, not your fault
>get a reputation for being glass, any chance of a push probably dead
>>
So who else has WWE tried to intentionally sabotage?

Barrett
Sandow
Ryder (shit)

Feel free to add.
>>
>>2130260
Yeah think of how many times Orton and Cena have been injured. They don't seem to get shit for being injury prone. Barrett had 3 in 6 years
>>
>>2130263
Punk
Bryan
Christian
>>
>>2130263
Cody Rhodes
Tyler Breeze
Sabu
>>
>>2130263
Ziggler
Miz
New Day
>>
>>2130263
RVD
Booker T
DDP
Taz
>>
>>2130269
>People will defend Triple H getting a win over CM Punk, in what was obviously supposed to be punks win
>People will defend the rock main eventing two wrestlemanias because he was a draw 15 years ago
>/asp/ says that the YES chant was over but Bryan wasn't
>>
>>2130263
Public Enemy
Kronik
Demolition
>>
>>2130285
>kronik
they were the worst "professional" wrestlers i've ever seen on tv.
>>
File: its me its me, its t j p.gif (2MB, 500x177px) Image search: [Google]
its me its me, its t j p.gif
2MB, 500x177px
>>2130263

Titus
Paige
TJ Perkins
>>
The WWE audience has evolved beyond heels and faces.
>>
>>2130275
>Tyler Breeze
Sorry, but Breeze is on NXT for giving him such a shit tier character. It was never going to get over on the main roster. Same could be said for Tye Dillenger.

>>2130276
>Ziggler
Without a doubt.

>>2130281
>RVD
>Booker T
Agreed. both could have been huge but HHH's faggot ass had to bury them during his reign of terror.
>>
>>2130317
>Agreed. both could have been huge but HHH's faggot ass had to bury them during his reign of terror.

If only Stephanie would have married Booker T instead. shit would be a lot different
>>
>>2130265
To be fair Cena is a legitimate super hero and comes back from injuries in a third the time it takes mere mortals.
>>
Cause he's a heel you fucking idiot

The fucking state of smarks
>>
>>2130344
The Rock's catchphrases were invented as hell.
Austin cut his best promo as heel.
Cena invented the ''you can't see me as heel'.

The fucking state of low IQ and short memory fedoramen
>>
>>2130344
Then you fucking turn him face. The more guys are over, the more money you make.
>>
>>2129772
Kek
>>
>>2130317
>shit character
how is it any different from Rick The Model Martell? Or HBK? From all reports Vince hates the guy with a passion and wants him gone. So yeah, he's fucking sabotaged.
>>
>>2129747
He was getting too much over as a heel.
>>
>>2130405
>how is it any different from Rick The Model Martell? Or HBK?

nigga you must be blind. how can you even watch wrestling?
>>
>>2130306
>Paige
Nope. They gave her the world and she fucked it up herself
>>
>>2129747
wrestler is incapable to get over because of boring character, generic wrestling skills, of course hes going to blame wwe management.

Its either that or being depressed for failing
>>
>>2130371
He was supposed to be heel to put over Daniel Bryan and Dean Ambrose. Smarks will complain and bitch and whine about everything.

Let's say he did turn face. Then won over Daniel Bryan. Smarks will bitch and complain and boo him just like they did Roman and Batista. Shut the fuck up, smarks.
>>
>>2129750
whats the point if the guys they try 2 get over like ambrose and reigns cant draw a dime
>>
File: 1473120350025.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473120350025.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>2129907
>Back then they were struggling for ratings
They still are.
>>
>>2130648
kek, stupid tripfaggot
>>
>>2130594
You're a smark too faggot
>>
>>2131002
>2.5 and below for the past two years
Ratings are down the shitter, lad.
Fortunately for Vince, three hours is a lot of ad space, and he has other sources of income, like the WWE Network for $9.99 a month.
>>
>bobby roode has a gimmick where has never been bored so far
>give him a over theme song
>whole crowd cheers him whenever he comes on screen and sings his song
>he's a "heel"
>>
>>2130594
turning someone face doesn't mean you have to put them over the top face of the company, shit head
>>
>>2130315
Been saying this for many months now.
>>
>>2130470
To be fair, there was an El Patron assist.
>>
>>2131693
Isn't Roode's gimmick literally that he wants to make NXT so expensive, none of the smarks can afford it?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.