[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes some people think Japanese wrestling is so much better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: NJPW-Logo.png (76KB, 286x286px) Image search: [Google]
NJPW-Logo.png
76KB, 286x286px
What makes some people think Japanese wrestling is so much better than other kinds?
Not a Stamford Wife, by the way.
>>
Yellow fever
>>
The wrestling matches are better
>>
>>2124478
How so?
>>
teh workratez
>>
>>2124481
Stamford Wives please stay out of this thread
>>
Better stories, characters, booking, wrestling, top guys actually draw, titles mean something.

I can't name anything wwe does better than maybe production quality and bigger arenas.
>>
>>2124470
theyre fucking weabs
>>
>>2124485
Better paced, better variety in the moves used and the spots are better. Wrestlers don't resort to the exact same sequence to finish matches

The wrestlers tell a better in-ring story because they usually get more time whilst WWE generally uses promo time for story telling
>>
No overexposure with 50 shows per week. Championships actually mean something.
>>
File: 1476647366812.jpg (27KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1476647366812.jpg
27KB, 599x337px
>>2124470
being a fedora wearing weeaboo
>>
>>2124481
>>2124488
>>2124505
>>2124506
>>2124534
>instead of enjoying WWE, the stamford wive lashes out at people who don't enjoy WWE, suggesting an inferiority complex.
>>
>>2124546
This
>>
They take it seriously like an actual sport, and so the fans do likewise. They interview the winners and losers after big matches, they have legit press conferences because the media doesn't consider them a joke. Their stories revolve around guys fighting for a title, or fighting their way up the card to get a title shot. No undead zombie wizards, or convoluted storylines that get dropped, or guys stealing each others wives. When they do comedy it's actually funny, as opposed to the laser-focused cringe of other promotions.

Also, the wrestling is better.
>>
>>2124574
Does that go for all Japanese promotions or just NJPW?
>>
>>2124588
There are memey promotions like DDT who do goofy matches but they advertise themselves as such
>>
>>2124546
That's sad.
>>
>>2124593
So is AJPW considered in the same league as NJPW? I never hear anyone talk about them
>>
>>2124574
>No undead zombie wizards
To be fair, as much as I agree with your post and enjoy NJPW, I think there's a place for the kitschy cartoon stuff as well as the more serious approach that NJPW takes.
>>
>>2124601
Nah, NJPW is by far the biggest right now - a while ago AJPW were the biggest but they've had a lot of financial problems
>>
WWE is a wrestling show made by a guy who hates wrestling - the wrestling matches are a vehicle for Vince to write his awful soap opera and push his bodybuilders. If that bodybuilding federation Vince made didn't flop like every non-wrestling related thing he's ever done, he would have sold WWF and only worked on that/

NJPW isn't embarrassed to have wrestling in it and that shows by the fact that it gets onto legit newspapers in Japan like Tokyo Sports and people actually take it seriously.
>>
>>2124651
>WWE is a wrestling show made by a guy who hates wrestling
Is this why they have to call it 'sports entertainment?'
>>
>>2124668
That's exactly why and to get around athletic commissions
>>
>>2124470
Because it's fun to watch and doesn't insult your intelligence.
>>
>>2124668
Listen to the Vince podcast with Austin

>"I'm a pro-wrestler Vince"
>"STEVE, YOU AREN'T A PRO-WRESTLER, YOU'RE AN ENTERTAINER - WRASSLIN IS WHAT MY DAD DID"
>>
>>2124700
Vince is the reason that the general public hates pro wrestling
>>
>>2124546
>deleted
it just dawned upon the poor old stamford wife how pathetic this sounded
>>
Nothing. Only autistics watch primarily for "good wrestling", which is a meaningless statement since it isn't a real sport.

Normal people watch for an entertaining show.
>>
>>2124782
>normal people watch an entertaining show
This, there's a reason why WWE ratings have been dropping constantly for 15 years.
>>
>>2124785
Yeah, its at an all time low right now pandering to smark wrestling fans.
>>
>>2124782
>an entertaining show

And WWE can't even get that right
>>
>>2124785
>>2124792
>fuming so much they deter to WWE when they get BTFO

Destroyed.
>>
>>2124788
>WWE has been pandering to smarks since wm 18
>>
>>2124470
Try watching it and see if yourself. I got into NJPW two years ago because of Wrestle Kingdom 9. -The opening match had better tag team action than I'd ever seen.
-Now NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura had a great match against Kota Ibushi (who was in the Cruiserweight Classic),
-Gallows and Anderson who are now in on RAW had an excellent match with a Japanese tag team.
-AJ Styles had a match with Tetsuya Naito who just main evented WK11

And that's just a part of the card. If you want to start somewhere, start there.
>>
>>2124788
new champs are about to be roman and cena fucktard, stop using that excuse for your shitty show
>>
File: Shibata vs Ishii.gif (936KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Shibata vs Ishii.gif
936KB, 220x220px
I got into it because I like the sports-like presentation and I enjoy the stiffer wrestling. The match that got me into NJPW was Shibata/Ishii at G1 Climax 23 beating the shit out of each other. Their match at Wrestle Kingdom 10 is amazing too
>>
>>2124788
making some of the best talent in the world look like shit is not pandering
>>
>>2124876
>best talent

When will smarks realize that """""good wrestling""""" doesn't matter or draw?
>>
>>2124792
>he doesn't watch SmackDown
>>
>>2124864
>le strong style

Why not just watch actual fighting? This shit is stupid.
>>
>>2124885
>Le whatever I don't like

Why don't you just suck actual dicks? Just pretending to be an obnoxious faggot is stupid.
>>
>>2124470
>What makes some people think Japanese wrestling is so much better than other kinds?
Meltzer
>>
>>2124885
It's not a real. His feet barely hit him.
>>
>>2124885
Most of my favorite dudes are retired or getting old and for some reason it doesn't entertain me like it used to

Emelianenko
Hoost
Vovchanchyn
>>
New Japan Pro Wrestling has consistently better wrestling matches than WWE despite the fact WWE has world class talent, this is because:

1) They have better booking
2) Their schedule is much, much, much lighter than WWE's, so their workers have time to rest and prepare for the big matches
3) Because of the above and the fact that pretty much every match they have on the lower events are multi-men tag team matches, they aren't afraid of going absolutely all out and fucking each other up in the big main events of the big shows.

WWE has a product that gives much more money, but New Japan is better in quality. In my opinion, at least.
>>
They don't have to book over 6 hours of tv a week
>>
I wouldn't say jap wrestling is better, WWE has a monopoly on wrestling, and real wrestling fans enjoy when a non wwe fed appears, because its different.
I think its healthy to have alternatives to wwe, if wwe was the only wrestling fed that would suck.
Indie wrestling, British wrestling, jap wrestling, lucha libere,
when you get tired of wwe's bullshit its nice there are other things to watch
>>
>>2125112
>>2125118
Nah, WWE is just garbage
>>
>>2125127
I agree, but if they had less time to fill and narrowed their focus they could get better.
>>
>>2125093
>>2124908
>>2124885
>>2124879
>>2124481
Jesus /asp/ constantly fucking garbage. It's nothing but shitposting.

I'm out.
>>
>>2125139
WWE was just as bad back when RAW was 2 hours and their only C-shows were irrelevant filler.

>>2124891
goddamn, absolutely destroyed
>>
>>2125118
>appears

NJPW has been around for 45 years.
>>
File: IMG_1167.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1167.gif
2MB, 400x225px
I just enjoy wrestling, dunno why people have to get so defensive and dogmatic about what Feds you can and can't watch.
>>
>>2124604
Yeah, I divide my enjoyment between good matches and absurdity. I've had an equally good time with both.
>>
>>2125403
People these days turn everything they like into a team sport and live vicariously through it because they can't achieve anything meaningful themselves. If their "team" loses they go full damage control as if they were defending their own person.
>>
Why does the camera pan out when Okada does his rainmaker pose?
>>
>>2124470
The wrestling is more organic and tells a better story. Try watching one on Japanese commentary
>>
>>2125403
This

and to answer you, it is because they are all marks. Technically we all are here but there are some that get their shit twisted knowing a person watches this PG promotion or this outlaw promotion
>>
>>2126020
1) Because it looks cool
2) To show the crowd doing it along with him
>>
>>2126020
That's his thing!!
>>
The wrestlers are trained better and all the focus goes into matches instead of old day skits
>>
>>2124540
Weebs projecting as usual
>>
>>2126055
Thanks
>>
The style lends itself to more story telling in ring. Himoru vs KUSHIDA felt like a fucking blood feud match and they literally built to it for like 2 weeks. Japanese wrestling is great, but the best wrestling for true patricians is Lucha.
>>
>>2125398
and CMLL is over 100 years old
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.