[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a novice when it comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 1310x873px)
image.png
1MB, 1310x873px
I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a novice when it comes to NJPW, I occasionally dipped my toes in from time to time but my eyes have been opened after last night. For one, this guy Tetsuya Naito is now on my list of favorites. Hes like a more athletic Randy Orton. Just the way he conducts himself in the ring. Hes like a better version of the 2009 Viper.
>>
>>2120036
When will he have a 6 star match though?
>>
If you want to know more about him, he originally got a huge push after coming back to NJPW and was supposed to main event WK but was really shit and had no charisma so he went back to Mexico and became god tier with LIJ
>>
>>2120045
I think that's ridiculous, the match was five stars, yes, but it wasn't the greatest match of all time. And if you believe that it is, you're a mark.
>>
>>2120054
It must be some unwritten rule that when japanese dudes go to mexico they come back way better than they were before. Same thing happened with Nakamura. Im guessing this all started with Ultimo Dragon maybe.
>>
>>2120060

Nakamura and Naito probably had some sick ass peyote down in Mexico
>>
I like his gimmick, but in-ring he still feels too much like same old Naito to me. I also don't really enjoy Lucha Libre, so I don't like his style. He feels like a second version of Nakamura but not as good.
>>
I only watch NJPW during Wrestle Kingdoms and the G1 Climax for the past 4 years now.

Was Tanahashi vs Naito the NJPW equivalent of Cena vs Roman Reigns

Naito was basically Roman Reigns of NJPW and suppose to be the next star, but fans didn't like him and boo'd him, so he turned heel.
>>
>>2120395
Yeah, that's actually a pretty perfect analogy. Although I'd argue the gap is even bigger than that. It's more The Rock VS Roman Reigns.
>>
>>2120395
Tana is way too over and loved for a Cena analogy
>>
I only watch NJPW to follow /my guys/ los ingobernables
>>
>>2120395
It's like The Rock vs Roman Reigns, except Roman's just come back from spending some time abroad and now he's suddenly good, has a new gimmick and is the hottest, most over guy in the company.
>>
Explain that eye thing he does.

Also, kayfabe or no, spitting is absolutely vile.
>>
>>2122243
Spics were being racist fucks and made fun of his eyes and called him chinese because all asians look the same amirite, so he started doing that as a taunt
>Talk shit about Donald Trump and call him racist
>When they're racist themselves
Wew, the state of spics
>>
>>2122253

I thought I was being worked until I looked that up, holy shit.

Fuck Mexico, Lucha Libre is shit anyway,

>getting behind generic as fuck masked wrestlers ever.
>>
>>2120054
This. Gedo wanted to prime him as a new face and the Japanese audiences didn't like him at all. They wanted Tanahashi and Okada, plus Naito was kinda vanilla, so they did what they do to wrestlers who they want to develop (they dropped Okada off to TNA to humble him which is an entirely different post itself) and shipped him off to Mexico to develop. He got picked up his heel and LIJ gimmick (slacker who doesn't care about anything but can fuck you up if he really wants to) over there and brought it to NJapan and people started eating it up. If you scroll back far enough on his Twitter, you can see that he once went on a year long binge posting nothing but "LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON" with a picture of his hat.
>>
>>2120036
he's not as good as stone cold but he's much better than hollycuck hulk chokin ever was
>>
File: LosIngobernables.jpg (174KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
LosIngobernables.jpg
174KB, 600x400px
>>2122253
>>2122261
>literally steals all of his booking, even down to the name from mexico from a gy more over than him, takes it to japan to get over
based rush should have buried this jobber when he stepped foot in mexico.
>>
>>2122443
Does he still come out to Chris Benoit's theme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ZQsf0qiSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpaaIrH1DqM
>>
>>2122443
LOS fell apart when Sombra left, now the spin-off group is more popular than the original group. Really makes you think.
>>
>>2120445
> cena isnt over
>>
If you haven't seen them you should definitely check his matches against BMAJ

>>2122443
Naito & Rush are hermanos tho
>>
>>2120045
What a hot new meme to contribute absolutely nothing to discussions with. Dave has a lot to answer for
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.