[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>roman defends the us title on a regular basis-smarks complain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

>roman defends the us title on a regular basis-smarks complain about they way he carries the belt
>ambrose didn't defend the US title for 4 months-silence

why are smarks such hypocrites?
>>
>Roman hasn't defended the title on PPV once since his blow-off with Rusev back in October
>It's January
>He won't defend it in January either.
>"Roman defends the US title on a regular basis"
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2117045
he's defended it against jericho on raw multiple times. why does it matter if he defends it on ppv or not?
>>
To be fair a ton of people criticized the handling of the US belt when Dean had it.
>>
>>2117050
yeah tons of people criticized it OP
>>
>>2117045
6 (six) title defenses in 3 (three) months

Cry more
>>
>hasn't had a feud over the us title since he got it from rusev
It's just a prop, all his defenses are to further a feud for the universal title
>>
File: sashabankswomenschampionship.png (738KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
sashabankswomenschampionship.png
738KB, 1000x600px
>>2117049
>>2117057
>PPVs are what drive Network subs
>Title matches and feuds are what draw to PPVs
>Roman hasn't defended the title on PPV once or had a feud for the title once outside of his mandatory rematch.
>Roadblock wasn't a title-for-title match
>Royal Rumble won't be a title-for-title match
>"But four random 10 minute TV matches make up for it!!!!!"
>No tension
>No heat
>Nobody believes for a second the title might change hands
>Can't even make the main event of Raw. Loses out to a talk show segment and a Sasha/Charlotte segment.
This has more value than the US Title right now.
>>
>>2117081
imo world championship matches should be saved for ppvs. us and intercontinental championships should be defended more on TV and be treated more like television championships.

also you realize that the last two times the IC championship changed hands it was on TV right?
>>
>>2117071
To think the US Title could be being used with guys like Cesaro or Zayn or fucking anyone to give Raw any other kind of plot right now
>>
>>2117081
The US title is a mid card title, not the world title chump. It's not going to main event any ppvs. Cry more.
>>
>>2117108
cesaro and zayn can't draw dimes
>>
>>2117114
And if it did, there'd be far more bitching over Roman and his midcard title headlining a PPV, we all know that.
>>
>>2117103
I don't even disagree with your main point. Midcard title matches can give your TVs a great shot in the arm when you're building to the next PPV, but
1) They still need to be defended on PPV. For all the great IC Title matches we had on TV this year and there were definitely a few, what were the best IC Title matches this year? What were the matches that elevated the IC Title and thus made it feel like a big deal when it was defended and changed hands on SmackDown? For that matter, what were the best US Title matches? They certainly weren't on Raw.
2) The two IC Title changes were part of extended feuds and had proper build behind them. One was Miz getting his rematch, the other was the cap of a feud that had been building since TLC. Every Raw US Title match has been somebody getting on a mic in the opening promo and going "btw, Roman, you're defending the title against Jericho tonight." with increasingly contrived circumstances and stipulations. They don't use one to build to the next. They don't call back to the previous ones. They don't portray it as Jericho questing to get the last title he never held or as Roman continually fighting off Jericho's assault. There's no sense that this is building towards a blow-off or that Jericho's getting any closer to getting one over on Roman. They're just one-off filler time-killer matches because both guys are at the top of the Raw card.

>>2117114
>>2117125
Explain to me why Roadblock couldn't be a title-for-title match. Or why the Royal Rumble isn't one.

Because the US Title means nothing to the feud. The US Title means nothing to the feud that the holder of the title is in. It's a prop so he can have two belts on his shoulders like McGregor.
>>
>>2117033
>Puts on the exact same mediocre match with the same opponent and same spots every week with no buildup and absolutely 0% chance that he'll lose it

The way that Roman is booked is a cancer to anything it comes in contact with.

But it's a kids' show, meant for people who don't know it's fake and that's not gonna change.

So I'll just watch the segments I care about on youtube and stick to Smackdown instead of literally seething over Samoa
>>
>smarks complain that Based Big Dog isn't defending his title
Proceeds to defend it against Owens and Jericho on multiple occasions
>smarks complain that Based Big Dog doesn't lose
Ignores the fact that other champions barely lose either

Smarks keep moving goalposts after goalposts, in reality they are literally SEETHING that Based Big Dog won't lose easily.
>>
>>2117081
>paper title meant to pad Charlotte
>more value than the US Title carried by the face of the company
>this delusion
>>
>>2117033

I clearly remember people bitching about Dean not being allowed to actually DO anything with the US Title for nearly a year in the old /sp/ generals.
>>
>>2117108
>muh Cesaro
>muh Muslim

Fuck off smark
>>
>>2117200
Guess what, that paper title has main evented more Raws and PPVs than DA BIG DAWG's US Title reign.
>>
>>2117081
>le trade back and forth belt
>prestigious at all
>>
>>2117221
So?
>>
>>2117221
the US title isn't supposed to main event PPVs. it's a midcard title
>>
>>2117406
m8, it's not even main eventing Raw.
>>
>>2117427
>cries when reigns main events raw
>cries when reigns doesn't main event raw
what do you people even want?
>>
I just hate how Roman carries the title
>>
>>2117196
Bullshit. I saw AJ lose 3 times to a fucking broom stick last month
>>
>>2117433
>BBDWTS
>>
>>2117108
Memesaro already had it like twice
>>
Roman didn't even walk out with his belt during the Goldberg
Reigns is treating the belt like it's to inconvenient for him to carry, he's adding nothing to belt, not making it look like anything more than a badge that says " look how strong i am plz give me cheers "
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.