[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is the purpose of such a title and why do we need another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

So what is the purpose of such a title and why do we need another championship? Is WWE planning on airing a new show on the WWE Network for British wrestlers?

This title seems like just a useless one-time affair. I can see if it were a return of the European title, but one just one country?
>>
The UK is 4 countries.
>>
>>2110316
Who knows, but I'm excited for it. Also this >>2110318
>>
>>2110316
Literally made out of worry over ITV World of Sports. In other word, it serves no purpose.
Unless it means the return of BNB.
>>
>>2110318
> implying Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and England are true countries.
>>
Regal implied nine of the guys are stuck to WWE contracts. I'm sure a Network show or specials are in the works, but going by Regal's comments I could see WWE perhaps sanctioning defenses in promotions they have a working relationship with and also having sporadic appearances in the main shows.
>>
>>2110380
I'm hoping someone from ICW wins it and they start up a working relationship.
>>
>>2110316
>Is WWE planning on airing a new show on the WWE Network for British wrestlers?
I was under the impression that was the case.
>>
Rest in Peace, Championship Belts with Unique Designs and Shape.
>>
>>2110399
That's what Trips said during the promo last night. New weekly show to increase "content & reach"
>>
>>2110475
But this one does have a unique and awesome design, albeit not a unique shape.
>>
>>2110316
>what is the purpose of such a title

it's to monopolize the """sport"". They keep the talent that's NOT good enough for the main roster/NXT away from other promotions in the UK slowly killing the indy scene. they're doing the same thing in China and who knows where they'll hit next.
>>
>>2110537
Wrestling barely exists in China.
>>
File: Grado_Alpha-1_2015.jpg (20KB, 220x307px) Image search: [Google]
Grado_Alpha-1_2015.jpg
20KB, 220x307px
>>2110537
BMGrado will save us in the UK.
>>
>>2110316
Belt looks great. Probably one of the best looking belt in the WWE right now (along with the IC and US). Too bad I don't think it's sticking around.
>>
>>2110545
I'm sure the signed Bin Wang and Ho Ho Lun because of their """"talent"""" and not to tap in to the Chinese market in the future.
>>
WWE is trying to pigeonhole all the talent into narrow categories in order to eliminate diversity and interest in the product, because the brand split didn't successfully do that, in fact it actually turned out good. At the same time, they can pretend to appease certain demographics without actually offering real opportunities.

Can't wait until there are 50 belts, each with their own show, with just two people feuding perpetually.
>>
>>2110537
China isn't an open market though
>>
>>2110316
>what is the purpose of such a title

Because Vince is shitting himself that one of the biggest channels in the country will air a competing show while the channel he made a deal with gets 1% or less of the UK audience and the WWE network only has a fraction of that.
>>
>>2110560
And he thinks offering UK-based content on his premium subscription service is going to help? The casual audience he's worried about will never watch it.
>>
>>2110560
>one of the biggest channels in the country will air a competing show
At 5pm on a sunday as opposed to 1am on a monday morning
>The casual audience he's worried about will never watch it.
Well Vince is senile.
>>
>>2110566
If he can lock down the better talent, even just temporarily, it's a chance to sabotage ITV's product
>>
>>2110550
I was moreso pointing out that China doesn't really have an indy scene.

>Bin Wang

I can think of at least 2 reasons why he got signed that have nothing to do with his nationality.
>>
>>2110574
Around half of the guys in the UK Tournament are nobodies even among the BritWres scene.
>>
>>2110581
Vince obviously sees money in China. Fuck knows why. I didn't think they had the internet in China let alone access to the network.
>>
>>2110597
There are over a billion people in China and it's not a completely third-world shithole like India.

>I didn't think they had the internet in China

Americans.png
>>
>>2110600
I meant more I didn't think most Chinese people could afford the internet, because sweatshops, as well as it being heavily censored by the government.
>>
It's to fuck over WoS and WCPW
>>
>>2110606
>every Chinese person works in a sweatshop

Holy shit JUST stop digging yourself even deeper.
>>
>>2110614
Yes, that's what I said, every Chinese person works in a sweatshop, because the average Chinese worker is well known for being affluent and not having to share a cramp apartment with 10 other people.
>>
File: wcpw.jpg (18KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
wcpw.jpg
18KB, 600x400px
This was only done to put WCPW out of business. No other wrestling companies are allowed to exist under McMahon's watch.

Get ready for WWE to murder mexican feds and New Japan next. Good riddance and long live the McMahon Monopoly!
>>
>>2110629
>a cramp apartment

I told you to stop white trash.

>>2110633
go away clickbait
>>
>>2110606
>>2110600

China and India have the richest people, you need to look into the cities which our media doesn't really cover. India has saved the U.K economy. The problem with India is that it's a democracy with 20+ races
>>
>>2110635
You're arguing with Deancuck, his opinions of China are based on what he is able to read on the internet
>>
>>2110633
>WCPW is the only wrestling company in the UK
They didn't even exist 6 months ago.
>>
>>2110637
Not American.

India's a dump.
>>
>>2110643
They're still giving China Communist sleepless nights though
>>
>>2110316
So is the tea and cookies championship?
>>
File: smartassadam.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
smartassadam.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>2110633
WCPW will be finished by the start of 2018 and it will have nothing to do with WWE. Alot of companies are pissed with what they are doing with their talent and they will lose 40-60% of their roster by June.

They aren't selling out the small clubs they are booking and are eating in to their start up to book US wrestlers. The network, t-shirts, magazine etc are purely to try make cash to keep them afloat and they are struggling to even break even as a company now.

The show they are doing in USA around WM is probably going to wipe out 90% of funds. With no cash for big stars and wrestlers turning their backs on them it'll be back to shit click bait again soon enough.
>>
>>2110633
WCPW put themselves out of business with their foolish and naive business strategy.

They thought that by investing big bucks on talent from abroad. they'd give their local lesser known talent a rub and in the future, the lesser known wrestlers would be draws themselves. The problem was the lesser known guys were mostly rubbish charisma vacuums and Smarks have short attention spans.
>>
>>2110850
>The show they are doing in USA around WM
lol wat? How the fuck do they have the money to do that? I heard they had cash but going all the way to the US? It took years before NXT even did shows outside of Fullsail. WCPW are either complete fucking retards or billionaires.
>>
>>2110316
I'm pretty sure they're gping to do a weekly network show like NXT
>>
>>2110318
>implying the other 3 like to be associated with britcucks
>>
>>2111095
"Britcucks" makes up the English, Welsh and Scottish.
>>
>>2110914
>WCPW are either complete fucking retards or billionaires.

Both.
>>
>>2110914
Their public UK tax documents claim they made just under a million pounds in 2016.
>>
>>2111151
As WCPW? Or Whatculture as a whole? Because Whatculture is more than just the wrestling marks.
>>
>>2111159
Sorry, WhatCulture as a whole. But my point is they can afford to waste money as WCPW.
>>
>>2110316
Oh look, it's another irrelevant championship that I will never give a fuck about. Great, now I'm gonna have longer piss break.
>>
>>2111160
I also meant to ask was that profit? If so then damn.
>>
>>2111168
You'd literally have to go out of you way in order to watch it you cretin, it's not on Raw or Smackdown.
>>
>>2111176
Another reason why I'm not watching. Who gives a fuck about Great Britcuck?
>>
File: WhatCulture Financials.png (35KB, 940x526px) Image search: [Google]
WhatCulture Financials.png
35KB, 940x526px
>>2111171
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.