[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Find out fiance was into wrestling when she was younger >Always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

>Find out fiance was into wrestling when she was younger
>Always had respect for it but never really got into it
>She suggests we start watching together
>Been watching Raw for the past four weeks or so, including that ppv
>Roman Reigns seems cool, looks good wrestling and doesn't sound stupid when he talks (Like KO does)
>Notice he's always heavily booed when he comes out
> /asp/ seems to hate him

Am I missing something here?
>>
Carter trying to save this shit board lmao its only me and you buddy here
>>
>>2109937
Imagine you like pizza, but you're constantly forced to eat cheap microwave pizza while some guy keeps chucking plates for gourmet italian pizza against the wall in front of you.

He's alright but is constantly being forced onto the viewers over alternatives that they would much prefer
>>
>>2109944
Are you autistic?
>>
>>2109946
lmao get worked by my based pizza metaphors
>>
>>2109944
I've only been watching since mid-November. Have they been throwing him at you guys all year? I could see how that would get old.

Who would be preferred?
>>
>>2109937
>good wrestling and doesn't sound stupid when he talks

What?
>>
File: 1467691951584.png (666KB, 945x610px) Image search: [Google]
1467691951584.png
666KB, 945x610px
>>2109937

only obese redditors and smarks (usually one in the same) hate based big dog becuase he's everything they envy
>>
>>2109950
try the past 2 and a half years, and before recently he was getting much more hate
>>
>>2109950
>Have they been throwing him at you guys all year?

Several years now. He's basically on track to replace John Cena as the "face of the company" despite the fact that he's still relatively green as a wrestler, and while he's improved on the mic, he's still pretty bad and has trouble remembering his lines.

>Who would be preferred?

Fans really liked Daniel Bryan, but his neck is fucked up, he was forced to retire, and even though he feels like he's up to wrestling again WWE doctors won't clear him to perform.

I personally think a lot of the other call ups from NXT would have been good. Adrian Neville is an amazing technical wrestler and is built like a Greek god, but he's got a funny looking face and ridiculous ears. Sami Zayn is also an excellent technician, but lacks looks and a character.

As it stands right now, there aren't really a lot of viable alternatives because RAW's roster is all over the place. Finn Balor (a prodigy who made his name in Japan) is still injured, and we're hoping he's back by the Rumble, Owens has a ton of talent, but WWE is writing him as a useless faggot that needs Jericho to help him with everything and is also fat. Rollins is decent, but his push as a good guy has failed.

It's all kind of fucked.
>>
Based big dog working the obese nerds
>>
>>2109966
Good thing /smack/ has based AJ and Cena
>>
>>2109980
I was going to say AJ Styles would be perfect, but he's on Smackdown.
>>
>>2109966
I forgot to mention Cesaro. Excellent wrestler, incredibly strong, not bad looking, charismatic and has a lot of organic fan support. He's another guy that Corporate doesn't want to push though. He'll never break out of the mid card.
>>
>>2109944
>food analogies
Lose weight
>>
>>2109952
Like, his moves look okay and he doesn't sound like a little kid trying to insult someone without getting sent to the principals office like KO does when he talks.

>>2109966
Was Owens not always a giant useless faggot? That almost made us want to switch to Smackdown from Raw, seeing this Universal Champion who is fat, acts like a complete faggot, and talks like a nine year old kid. Jericho is fun to watch and seems to have enough charisma to carry KO, at least. I understand thats how they're written, but surely there's a better way to write a heel?

>Rollins is decent, but his push as a good guy has failed.

He seems okay in a sort of anti-hero out for justified vengeance kind of way, but again I've only been watching this for the past few weeks so I'm not sure.

Side note, its really funny when my fiance, who is a self-described feminist 100% pro-LGBTQ and bisexual, sees Chris Jericho walk down the stage and yells out "Oh my God he is such a FAGGOT".
>>
>>2109937
>and doesn't sound stupid when he talks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7DgzGAwxeQ
>>
>>2109990
>his moves look okay

One of the things that bothers me about Reigns is that his moves don't really impress me. The superman punch is dumb, the driveby is meh, and I never thought the spear was an impressive move for anybody because it's literally just tackling them. I'm an indie mark who likes flippyshit though, so make of that what you will.

>he doesn't sound like a little kid trying to insult someone without getting sent to the principals office

You really must have only picked up in the last couple of months. Reigns is infamous for having terrible wussy sounding promos. It's really more the fault of Creative not knowing what to do with him though. A lot of people are of the opinion that if he were allowed to go off-script and improvise a little he would be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z55UrEEooh8

>>2109990
>Was Owens not always a giant useless faggot?

Oh man. In NXT (WWE's developmental promotion) and when he first came onto the main roster, he was booked competent as fuck. He may look like a fat jack ass, but he's one of the very best wrestlers on the planet, and in the indies he was known as "Mr. Wrestling". The problem again, is how he's being written. His original gimmick was that he was an asshole who would beat the shit out of anybody, including his best friend, for a title shot.

cont.
>>
File: 1475667517114.jpg (36KB, 669x621px) Image search: [Google]
1475667517114.jpg
36KB, 669x621px
>>2109986
>charismatic
>Cesaro
>>
>>2110002
Reigns' moves don't impress me either, and I'm a relatively new wrestling fan. He just doesn't seem like a legit powerhouse when he doesn't do power moves, and Cole is still screaming THE POWERRRRR OF ROMAN REIGNS the moment he lifts someone half his size.
>>
>>2109990
> Jericho is fun to watch and seems to have enough charisma to carry KO, at least. I understand thats how they're written, but surely there's a better way to write a heel?
>"Oh my God he is such a FAGGOT".

That's the thing about Jericho. He's just so great at what he does that people love him no matter what. His latest heel character is a complete faggot and is essentially just acting like a 6 year old, calling people "stupid idiot" and adding them to his List, and he still makes it work. Owens can totally be written better and has been in the past. As it is right now, he's not only carried by Jericho in talking segments, but booked as a weakling who needs Jericho to help him cheat constantly when just a year and a half ago he was credibly beating the fuck of John Cena.

>He seems okay in a sort of anti-hero out for justified vengeance kind of way, but again I've only been watching this for the past few weeks so I'm not sure.

Rollins is another mishandled dude. He's great at playing a smarmy douche and has been huge every time he got to be one.
>>
>>2110013
>Cole is still screaming THE POWERRRRR OF ROMAN REIGNS the moment he lifts someone half his size.

And that's why /asp/ hates him in a nutshell. The majority of his push is inorganic. He's big and good looking (which is why kids, women, and sexually confused Indian men mark out for him), but he barely ever does anything that actually makes him look strong. Despite that, the commentary team (who have Vince feeding them lines via earpiece) constantly try to sell us on him as being amazing.

He's started doing the Black Tiger Bomb a couple months back and I think it's cool as fuck, and the perfect move for somebody like him, but a bunch of people around here are saying that he can only pull it off on people way smaller than him. There's no way we'll see him hit it on Owens or Goldberg.
>>
>>2110030
>Black Tiger Bomb
I honestly think if he turned heel and changed his finisher to this, he'd be the most over man in WWE.
>>
>>2110002
Holy shit thats bad. I guess he hasn't really talked that much the past few weeks so I hadn't picked up on it.

>>2110013
>>2110030
Maybe its just the fact that I haven't seen much to compare it to. I will say the Cruiserweight guys have looked outstanding.

>>2110014
Jericho's great to watch. If not for him then KO would be totally painful to watch on his own, but I'll take everybody's word for it that that's down to writing.
>>
>>2110030
Exactly, that's my problem with him. He doesn't do anything impressive and the whole WWE is hyping him up to be god-tier.

If I wanted to watch a good powerhouse I'd go and watch some Mil Muertes match in LU. He's not even that tall but he has that intensity that makes him more powerful, and does power moves too. And his punches are great, doesn't do a retarded superman punch either.

>>2110051
Honestly, try watching LU and compare it to anything that happens in the ring to WWE.
>>
>>2110051
>Maybe its just the fact that I haven't seen much to compare it to

That's exactly it. If you'd been watching how they've handled Reigns since The Shield broke up, you'd know exactly what we're talking about.

Here's a test though: Go ask you fiance what she thinks of him. She probably won't be able to see past the fact that he's hot, and she's a bigger fan than you who's been watching for a while.

>>2110038
I don't know about the heel turn, but yeah, if he just started doing the BTB more, he'd be way more over. Moves like that are technically and visually impressive, whereas even a geek like James Elsworth could sell the superman punch, the driveby, or even the spear.

>>2110061
>If I wanted to watch a good powerhouse I'd go and watch some Mil Muertes match in LU.

WWE even has better big men and power house characters. Harper is good, Strowman is over with /asp/ despite having almost no wrestling background, Big Cass has an even more limited moveset than Reigns and performs those moves in a mediocre fashion, but is still more entertaining to watch.

That's really what Reigns needs. Somebody to talk for him. He had Rollins and Ambrose when The Shield was together and they were over as fuck. Maybe making him a heel and pairing him up with Paul Heyman would work. That or somehow getting Enzo to do his promos for him.
>>
>>2110082
>Go ask you fiance what she thinks of him.

Actually did just that earlier when we were watching Raw. She said he was boring as fuck and had a weird chin.

She said she'd fuck Rollins though. AND Jericho.

>Jericho walking to the ring doing that limp wrist thing and sneering
Her: God he is such a FAGGOT with that GAY little scarf!
Me: Yeah but you'd still fuck him
Her: Oh yeah I'd ride his old man dick for sure
>>
>>2110098
She sounds like a keeper. Just don't take her to a show. Rollins is totally the type of guy who'd steal your bitch.
>>
>FedoRamen is now trying to pretend to be a casual fan to prove Roman attract casuals

>still posts the same pics of his Roman fap folder

>still can't let go his enormous butthurt over Owens being champ

truly a stupid idiot
>>
>it's a Roman thread
>somehow not shit

Well done OP.

>>2109950
>Who would be preferred?

Nearly fucking anybody?

>>2109966
>Sami Zayn
>lacks character

>>2109990
>sound like a little kid trying to insult someone without getting sent to the principals office like KO does when he talks.

You got worked.

>>2110009
Define what you think "charisma" is so we can laugh at you.
>>
File: 1483178243437.jpg (10KB, 177x215px) Image search: [Google]
1483178243437.jpg
10KB, 177x215px
>>2109990
>my fiance, who is a self-described feminist 100% pro-LGBTQ and bisexual
>>
>>2110038
dis
>>
>>2110051
Watch the Cruiserweight Classic. It makes the Cruiserweight Division on Raw look like a pile of garbage.

In addition to that, OP, the guy you're actually looking for (big, strong, looks and sounds like a fucking badass) is Samoa Joe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nAU_a5c388

KO is also pretty great, unfortunately since August he's been written to be an absolute fucking loser. In the first half of the year, he was legitimately one of the highlights of the roster both on the mic and in the ring. What he's been turned into basically isn't even recognizable.
>>
File: machiengin.jpg (23KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
machiengin.jpg
23KB, 250x375px
You can't get behind Roman, it's literally impossible.
>beats everyone
>sleeps during the RR
>spams finishers
>can't talk
>FedoRamen
>>
>>2110494
What is his character besides excited to be there?
>>
>>2110746
>>sleeps during the RR
I'd almost forgotten about this. We're supposed to buy Roman as this "top guy" with all kinds of credibility, but at the last Royal Rumble he got "injured" without technically being eliminated and got to spend half the match in the back and come out again later.

It was horse shit
>>
>>2110161
He made this exact same thread on /wooo/ first but he broke character after the first post. Someone mentioned Chris Hero and it triggered him. He started posting smark terms and talking about drawing power.

He pretty much came straight here and made the exact same thread when people asked how someone watching Raw for 4 weeks even knows who Chris Hero is.
>>
This guy posted the same thread on /wooo/ but fucked up by talking about Chris Hero in an argument, which caught him out due to being a casual fan who's watched 4 weeks he shouldn't know Chris Hero.
>>
Report all Roman Reigns threads
>>
File: 1441667159424.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1441667159424.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>2111060
>>2111130
> wewtists
>>
>>2110996
And while Roman was napping, you see Kevin Owens, who participated in a fucking brutal Last Man Standing match earlier, drag himself down to the ring.

Nothing that entire night made Roman look like more of a fucking punk than that did. I'm looking forward to how they unintentionally make Roman look like a jackass at this year's Rumble. It'll be hard to top the last two, but I believe in them.
>>
>>2111179
>. I'm looking forward to how they unintentionally make Roman look like a jackass at this year's Rumble

I just wonder how they're going to try and put him over Goldberg. I can't wait to see what stupid bullshit they make up.
>>
>>2111182
I don't think he will go over Oldberg, tho.

It will be more of a "It was a nice showdown, i'm proud of you, new goldberg!"
>>
>>2111195
>I don't think he will go over Oldberg, tho.

It's gonna happen man. If not at the Rumble then at Mania. Roman's going to beat the guy who squashed Brock clean and be canonically the strongest wrestler of all time.
>>
>another carter talks to himself thread.

Reddit really isn't that bad guys. I'm enjoying the transition.
>>
>>2111244
If /asp/ had ID's like /pol/ 90% of the shit posting here would stop.
>>
File: 1483245342975.gif (1MB, 550x431px) Image search: [Google]
1483245342975.gif
1MB, 550x431px
>>2111244
>Waah, i don't like this fictional character, i need to say carter is to fault and is only one person!
>C-cuz everybody thinks like me...Haha!!

Stay on reddit and never comeback.
>>
>>2109937
Watch Lucha Underground instead
>>
>>2111258
This has nothing to do with based big dog. Just the excessive shitposting and samefagging you fajeeb.
>>
>>2111250
I get why they're not on every board, but boy oh boy I wish flags and IDs were on every board.
>>
>>2109937
Hardcore wrestling fans get triggered by him because he's the complete anti-thesis of their typical guy. They will go through every mental gymnastics to prove how he """sucks""" but he is obviously not.

Just like John Cena before him, its not rocket science or astrophysics. Just plain obese neckbeard immaturity.
>>
>>2111379
> They will go through every mental gymnastics to prove how he """sucks""" but he is obviously not.

You can't even defend him with proper grammar.

>>2111379
>Just like John Cena before him,

Cena is/was different. People may have booed him and given him shit, but he was good on the mic and a strong competent wrestler even if he only had the "5 moves of doom". Hating Cena is more a meme at this point. Most of the people who boo him still respect his ability.
>>
>>2111250
>>2111358
Nice try wewtist but 4chan is always Anonymous

Fuck off back to wew with your crappy IDs
>>
>>2111379
I don't like him because he's overexposed and his matches are predictable.

I guess I'm a neckbeard now
>>
>>2111391
All top guys are overexposed and all of their matches are predictable.

That's what makes them top guys.
>>
>>2111258
>>2111350

BTFO
>>
>>2111388
>making fun of people on other boards when you post on this one

you are autistic
>>
>>2111388
>4chan is always Anonymous

Except for /pol/ and /b/ once upon a time. I normally wouldn't advocate for thread ID's but this entire board is shit posting.
>>
They hate Reigns cause hes everything they wish they could be.
>>
File: cosby.gif (438KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
cosby.gif
438KB, 500x376px
>>2114000
>hes everything they wish they could be.

No, I wish I was a good wrestler.
>>
>>2109950

>All year

Since, like, 2013. It was KIND of acceptable when he was the bruiser of the SHIELD, eliminating bunch of people from the Rum Bowl, but then Creative (read: Vince) turned him from a quiet murdermachine into a corny Cena knockoff billed as the fucking underdog and it went RAPIDLY to shit.

You know how Braun Strowman is getting cheered to just beat the crap out of dorks? That's how Roman originally got over, and then they stopped doing that and he suddenly wasn't over. It's not hard, they just make it look incredibly hard.

Also, just on RAW, and assuming they're properly handled (which won't happen until Vince dies), Rollins, Cesaro, Sami Zayn, KO (he's handled TERRIBLY right now, even if the bits with Jericho are funny), Rusev, and Neville would all be better to push.
>>
>>2110002

You'll occasionally see what is basically a superman punch done in MMA. It is fine. The fist cocking is kind of stupid.

The Drive By isn't bad, but it doesn't have the look that should be treated like a devastating move or anything.

You have clearly never been tackled really hard. The only problem with Roman's spear is that he's not basically just legit. A spear is only particularly good when you Goldberg someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guxYHQjojhY

Like the tackle here at the 1:00 mark. That is how you have to spear someone. The victim needs to kind of bring his arms in front of him (sort of like he's taking a splash) in order to protect himself.
>>
>>2110051

>Jericho's great to watch. If not for him then KO would be totally painful to watch on his own, but I'll take everybody's word for it that that's down to writing.

Jericho is old. And being an old vet, probably has SOME freedom in his promos. I'm sure the general direction and details of his character had to have at least been green lit by Vince, if not just created straight from Vince, but Jericho can take that direction and add his own charisma and syntax to the promos.

Pretty much everyone else on the roster has to follow a script word for fucking word or Stephanie and others in management throw a colossal bitchfit. And since the writers are goddamn terrible, EVERYONE'S promos all sound exactly the goddamn same because they can't write a character's CHARACTER into a promo for them. Which is partly how guys like Jericho stand out. They're allowed to not be such stale, mass produced dogshit. But Vince is too much of a narcissistic control freak to give other wrestlers the same freedom.

Jericho has also lost a step in the ring, just from slightly diminished athleticism and look due to being older. He was VERY good and is still pretty goddamn good, just because he knows what he's doing.
>>
>>2110082

>WWE even has better big men and power house characters.

There is no power house character better than Matanza. I will allow that, currently, Strowman is a better power house character than Muertes, just because they've kept Strowman from actually wrestling for extended periods (generally, that ten minute match against Zayn sucked), and just let him murderize scrubs. As soon as Strowman has to work a match longer than 5 minutes, he goes to shit.

Corbin is a pretty good power house. He's slightly lacking in mass (he might be tall, but Strowman is twice as wide as him, and probably the same bodyfat%, if not less), but the deliberate way he goes about offense, and INFINITELY better commentary on Smack!Down have him looking like a beast.
>>
>>2114836
>caring about a scripted fake fighting children's tv show this much
>>
>>2111182

>After Goldberg has hit the ring and cleaned some house, Roman comes down and spears Goldberg, causing Goldberg to roll outside to catch his breath and not overexpose himself, while Roman gets to brawling with whoever is left in the ring

It's goddamn awful, so they'll do it.
>>
>>2114000
But I can actually keep hold of my spaghetti and lift up guys over 50lbs lighter than me anon
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.