[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 26 years old. Is Crossfit a meme? Will I get injuries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: crossfit1.jpg (160KB, 1150x647px) Image search: [Google]
crossfit1.jpg
160KB, 1150x647px
I'm 26 years old. Is Crossfit a meme? Will I get injuries if its the first time I do sport activity since high school? Should I do BJJ instead?
>>
File: 1483317908986.jpg (124KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1483317908986.jpg
124KB, 1080x1349px
>>2106684
Try it for yourself.
You're more injury prone in Crossfit than Bjj though.
X-fit girls are bulkier and fitter.
>>
>>2106754
I'm not a girl tho ;_; but I-I can p-pretend?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI

All you need to know is in above video
>>
>>2106816
Is this guy serious?
>>
I did it for a while and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the idea of different work outs every day but I had to stop due to the price. The cheapest box around here is 200$ a month. So keep that in mine + you'll have to do a fundamental class which is 3-4 hours and will cost you around 150-200$ on top of the monthly fees.

BUT crossfit is a lot of fun. If I made more money I would 100% still be doing it.
>>
File: 1464762261594.jpg (5KB, 85x87px) Image search: [Google]
1464762261594.jpg
5KB, 85x87px
>>2106684
>Is Crossfit a meme?
Yes. Yes it is.

Crossfit is the athletic version of hipsters.
>I see you can outrun and outlift me, but look at me jump on this box! You're nowhere near that cool!
>>
What do you mean crossfit or bjj, is your goal to learn bjj or lose weight?
In bjj you will lose weight while getting better at fighting but in cross fit you won't learn to fight you'll lose weight/gain muscle.
>>
don't forget to buy $300 worth of official reebok crossfit gear before joining otherwise you're wasting your time
>>
File: 1460535334078.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1460535334078.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>2111133
>>
>>2106684
Good luck, fatty.
>>
>>2114286

not sure if a fatty, but "first time I do sport activity since high school" - shit.

if you are that out of shape, OP, you need to start with some basic shit - not join fucking crossfit

people want to think that 'getting in shape' means working out for a week and you'll be lean and hot. start with some jogging or light weights, or play some sports with friends (or, assuming you have no friends, hit a tennis ball against a wall or something).

>tl;dr if you're not in shape don't immediately join something like crossfit because you aren't ready for it
>>
I'm 23. Joined a crossfit gym at 21 and didn't last for more than two weeks, it's shit if you're not already in shape since you can't follow the workouts and there is better stuff you can do if you're already in shape. There aren't many BJJ gyms in my country so I haven't practiced it and can't speak for it, but I've been doing judo, which is the parent martial art of BJJ, for four months now without skipping a single class and it's been one of the best decisions of my life, it's very adaptable to whatever fitness level you have, you'll see progress rather quickly, and it's extremely fun, even though it's an individual sport it has a team atmosphere and peer motivation helps a lot.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.