[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A week prior to Survivor Series, Hart, who had performed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>A week prior to Survivor Series, Hart, who had performed for the WWF since 1984, signed a contract to perform with WCW beginning in December 1997. McMahon sought to prevent Hart from leaving the company as the champion, but Hart was unwilling to lose the title to Michaels – with whom he had a long feud both on-screen and off – at Survivor Series in his home country.
>Hart was unwilling to lose the title to Michaels
how was it that Hart's desire to retire with the title was even considered? how is it that he was not just forced to give it up in accordance with what WWF would have wanted? are wrestlers not contractually obligated to follow the storylines/creative's direction?
>>
>>2096115
It was a work and entirely fake so it doesn't matter, your questions don't matter.
>>
>>2096115

Bret had creative control in the last 30 days of his contract. Fuck HBK.
>>
>>2096115
>how was it that Hart's desire to retire with the title was even considered?

He didn't. He disliked Shawn's general unprofessional demeanor and didn't want to drop it to him in Canada. He even insisted on losing the next show when they were back in the United States.
>>
>>2096151
then why didn't they make him give it up?
>>
If it's a shoot:

Hart had 30 days creative control in his contract.
Hogan had the same thing with his WWF contract before leaving, anyone who shits on Hart not wanting to drop it to HBK forget that Hogan refused to drop it to Hart who was the future of the company at the time and had no bad blood between them (Then)

If it's a work

Then it's the greatest angle of all time and both Vince and Bret are the gods of wrestling.

Tricks millions, Bret goes to WCW and destroys it financially from the inside (Kevin Nash said Hart made everyone's pays go up big time), Vince creates attitude era.

Bret and Vince GOAT. We all got worked
>>
>>2096146
>>2096159
creative control for the last 30 days of someone's contract when they're in an ongoing narrative sounds like a terrible idea
>>
>>2096160
Lol, Bret was the reason WCW got destroyed?

You lose all credibility and none of your posts should ever be read again.
>>
It was a shoot that Vince turned into a worked shoot angle in the long run.
I'm 95% sure it was a shoot, but never put anything past McMahon.

It's the 9/11 of professional wrestling.
>>
File: 1468585383403.png (122KB, 650x171px) Image search: [Google]
1468585383403.png
122KB, 650x171px
>>2096240
this is what i'm thinking, as well. but if Vince broke their contract, why didn't Bret take legal action?
>>
>>2096245
Because he was a single wrestler going up against a company with lawyers that could waste his time and money on fighting for little gain. He was jumping ship to a big contract to wrestle with his friends in a different company while WWF was sinking.
>>
>>2096245
That's where it gets tricky, I think Bret cared about his years of service, and his safe, snug, aggressive style/legacy being tarnished by Shawn/Hunter/Vince.

He seemed hurt, and depressed,more than vengeful.
The next two years were not any more kind to the Hitman...
>>
>>2096257
>his friends

lol

>>2096261
He's a huge mark for himself and hates fake losing because it's real losing to him.
>>
>>2096275
I know, that's why he said fuck it, I'll be appreciated in WCW, Instead of suing.

Yeah.
Sike Bret.
Major FUCKING epic sike, Bret.

You were trying to help the competitor while your brother died in a WWF ring, 16 months later Goldberg cripples ya.
Should have stayed with the Feds
>>
>>2096240
I agree totally. What sells it for me is that Bret is incredibly bitter these days.

Bitter about how he got injured, and how it ended his career
Bitter about his brothers death
Bitter about his entire WCW run in general
And, yes, bitter about Montreal

If it was a work, he would have come and said it, because Bret is now a husk of a man who doesn't give a shit about keeping Kayfabe.
>>
>>2096322
poor guy
>>
>>2096146
how do you even work that into your contract ahead of time? Did he know he was gonna be champ at the time he would leave the company? He's a whiner and an asshole who deserved to get screwed anyways.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.