[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /asp/ think Ric Flair wasn't a draw? Ric

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20110623_main_korea_flair_inoki.jpg (23KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
20110623_main_korea_flair_inoki.jpg
23KB, 620x348px
Why does /asp/ think Ric Flair wasn't a draw?

Ric Flair.

RIC.

FLAIR.
>>
>Why does /asp/ think

It doesn't. /asp/ shitposting is the worst kind of witless contrarianism.
>>
>The all-time pro wrestling attendance record would be for shows on April 28 and April 29, 1995 at May Day Stadium in Pyongyang, North Korea. The announced crowds for those shows were 165,000 and 190,000, although the real numbers were about 150,000 and 165,000. The first show was headlined by Scott Norton vs. Shinya Hashimoto and the second by Antonio Inoki vs. Ric Flair. While there were tickets sold, most of the people attending got in free, and were pretty much ordered to attend, so it’s not really a fair comparison.

Even Flair's biggest fan Meltzer knows that your pic was a sham
>>
It's just bretcuck

>>2094101
This is true however, they could have sent 10 /asp/ies and done over 120k
>>
Because everybody on /asp/ is too young to remember Ric Flair in his prime.
>>
Bret Hart couldnt even sell out in his home town.There is no dimes in his drawer
>>
Everyone always said Flair was often imitated but never duplicated, but maybe that’s because the other guys didn’t have the ridiculous hardcore fan hype behind them, so people were able to see there wasn’t much going on beyond a complete unbelievably tedious cliché. Flair lacks the crucial aspect that makes a truly great wrestler, adaptability. He had one face match and one heel match that he never, ever updated. The formula worked, but it was also extremely limited, not to mention repetitive and tedious. Until the end of the 1980's, if his opponent could be plugged in it might be an excellent match, if you didn't mind it looking almost exactly like every other supposedly excellent match. If you’ve read this far you’ve probably figured out I don’t put much stock in high spots, but you have to find some way to get by in the modern day. Riki Choshu is hardly my favorite wrestler, but even though he didn’t update his move set, he had enough stiffness and attitude to remain credible while 1990’s and beyond, while Flair simply came off a fossil. The best thing about Flair was his stamina, but as match times grew increasingly shorter that asset was no longer a factor, and he predictably never made any attempt to compensate. He had an extremely lengthy resume of quality matches, did have tough matches that made the title a prize every night during his championship years, and had his share of great matches before he was left behind. However, he’s so far from the best ever it’s completely absurd. Flair was a team player and for most of his career a positive influence and a great guy to build a wrestling promotion around, but whatever remaining respect I had for him was lost when he bought that glow in the dark face.
>>
Ric Flair sold less than 1000 tickets in a 85000 seat stadium

before Hogan joined WCW the company earned 40 dollars a year in merchandise sales
Thats it, 40 dollars

ric flair made less than a hundred dollars in merch sales in the 4 years of of WCW's relevance
>>
I have a question

Is flair racist?

Teddy long said ric called him a nigger and that he hated blacks, but then why was flair doing such a heartfelt emotional segment with jay lethal on tna a couple of Years ago
>>
>>2094200
wtf I love Ric Flair now!
>>
>>2094090
Never drew one penny just like the Undercarder.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.