[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Triple H on NXT being third brand; Finn Balor coming from an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Triple-H.jpg (146KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Triple-H.jpg
146KB, 640x360px
Source: ESPN

Triple H recently spoke with ESPN on a number of topics regarding NXT and its future. Here are some of the highlights:

Shinsuke Nakamura on NXT:

> "One of the things that's funny to me -- I always laugh at it -- is when people say to me, 'I watch Nakamura every week in NXT. I don't know why they don't put him on Raw so I can watch him on Raw every week.' You're getting to see him, right? You're getting to see him doing what he does, in a big way. The opportunities are there. He's got that clean path now to get here, when he gets here he might go there, he might go back."

The future of NXT:

> "We say that it's developmental, but at the same time it's a third brand -- 200 events this year, specials and the weekly show itself which are one of the most popular things on the Network. I think over the years you're gonna begin to see Raw is its own brand, SmackDown is its own brand, NXT -- you're gonna see people move around. It's no longer gonna be just, this guy got called up, it's gonna be maybe 'this guy got moved over, she got moved here,' and see that transference of talent."

Finn Balor:

> "Guys have things to learn along the way. Unless you've done this, you can't understand the difference in what the television product is at a WrestleMania level, to a Raw level, to an NXT level. We're trying to create that product. Finn Bálor is a guy that came in from an indie group -- so successful, a great in-ring performer, but had never really talked much. The first NXT event we did, he looked at me afterwards and was like, 'Dude, my mind is blown, because I never once thought where cameras were, or any of the other things that we do.'"
>>
>>2084866
This is why NXT sucks now
>>
>>2084866
So he's basically saying that the Indy talent he brings in have to learn to work WWE's specific style of "wrestling." If they're not being sports entertaining enough then they will stay in NXT until they transform into what Vince and trips deem "good for business."

Or start to sell enough merchandise.
>>
THANK YOU BASED HAITCH
>>
Part of NXT's appeal is that it feels like developmental, it feels smaller and more intimate. If they try to treat it as a third brand instead of some alternative product, it will fail. It's why WWECW failed; they just designated it Brand #3 and put forth no effort.
>>
ironically njpw shows are shot much better with their roaming cameramen in the picture than the wwe's attempt to make them invisible. hard cam is the only benefit
>>
Interviews like this and that "WELL HOW'S YOUR TERRITORY DOING" bit make me much, much, much more worried about what this company's direction is gonna be after Vince bites it.

Like if he seriously considers NJPW an indie group and doesn't get the difference between seeing Nakamura and Joe once every few weeks on NXT or at TakeOvers and seeing them every week on USA, he's out of his mind.
>>
It's time to sent trips our own fruit basket /asp/
>>
More quotes
http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/18337386/triple-h-future-nxt-standing-wwe-universe

> "We're a television product, in every single way," Levesque added. "And part of that is knowing how to make a television show. That's what we're teaching guys, and getting them along that way. And that's where the pathway now begins. It begins at a much lower level.

> "You get guys that when they come out of NXT, they're TV-ready. You pull the trigger, and they're ready to roll on Raw or SmackDown. You didn't see that before. It was a big learning curve when they got up there. We're taking that learning curve and putting it way earlier in the process. That's where you're gonna see guys over the years be able to succeed and deepen that talent roster and that talent pool."
>>
>>2084915
thanks, anon. I really love these readable interviews now, after finding out how cucked ryback actually was through them.
>>
>>2084906
If its not on national tv it is. Njpw hasnt been primetime since the 80's. And maimstream since the 90's.
>>
>I-it's developmental it's supposed to lose money smarks btfo

Kekekkekeke the third brand loses millions of dollars

Gaytch will kill the company once Vince dies
>>
>finn is an indie fag confirmed
smarks saying that he wasnt totaly btfo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.