[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What originally got you into wrestling? The violence? The death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

File: 21697_original.jpg (211KB, 1728x910px) Image search: [Google]
21697_original.jpg
211KB, 1728x910px
What originally got you into wrestling?

The violence? The death defying stunts? The over the top acting? The half naked women to ogle?

I think I was completely sold on wrasslin when I saw an end-of-show clusterfuck brawl. That sheer chaos was so beautiful
>>
Finally a way to watch mostly naked muscular men rub up against each other without looking gay to my parents.
>>
Just flipping channels and coming across WCW Monday Nitro on TNT. Late 1995 early 1996. The NWO was about to form. Most exciting time in wrestling ever.
>>
>>2073577
>What originally got you into wrestling?
The WWF Wrestlemania Arcade game for Sega Mega Drive. Released in 1995, played circa 2001.
>>
>>2073577
undertaker,hitman and yokozuna gimmicks.
>>
My brother bought one of the video games
>>
>>2073577
The games that seemed so badass that I wanted to tune-in
>>
My friends/neighbors talking about it at school so I checked it out.
>>
My dad watched it in the 80s, haystacks calhoun killer kowlaski etc.

Just never stopped and really got into it with Hogan/Slaughter then on
>>
>>2073577
The first DX run back in 97.
>>
Grandparents watched World of Sport and got me into WWF when it was on Sky Movies in UK. Carried on watching for Hot Rod/Mr Perfect and Bobby Heenan.
>>
4chan
>>
Stone Cold
>>
Kids in elementary school that were cool would always want to play wrestling moves and be the Rock or Stone Cold or Undertaker. I got into it to try to fit in but ended up getting into it way more than the cool kids.
>>
stone cold, the nwo and ecw.

it was really impossible to avoid during that time, it seemed like everybody was into it.
>>
>>2073577
Kane ripping the cell door off
>>
Sting beating that stupid faggot overrated piece of shit cringe 0 draw Ric Flair
>>
Kurt Angle did it.

I'll watch anything with Kurt Angle on it.
>>
>>2073577
In 1999 it was on at 2am in the UK and I was up all night with the flu so nothing else to do
>>
>>2073577
I thought it was real
>>
>>2073577
WCW
>>
used to watch good wholesome wcw wrasslin with grandma until i got bullied at school for doing lariets and frankensteiners when we wrestled at lunch so was forced to watch attitude era and disappoint my parents ever since
>>
Videoges
>>
>>2073923
>being this beta
stand up for yourself pussy
>>
I changed schools starting in the 6th-grade.

I made some new friends and these new friends happened to be into wrestling -- which I had never heard about until then.

So, I started watching it to see what they were all talking about and we would discuss RAW/PPV stuff the following day.
>>
>>2073928
don't worry bro i gained weight since 97
>>
I have a soft spot for spooky gimmicks, so Taker got me hooked
>>
>>2073577
Psychology, drawing dimes, angles, cool high spots.

Mick skills.
>>
>turn tv on
>theres the big show beating some manlet up
>come back every week for more
>>
>>2073577
half violence and half acting (only got into within the last couples weeks, believe it or not)
what's funny is i used to think wrestling was hot garbage, but now i wish mcmahon vs austin was a current storyline, i just love mcmahon's acting and reactions
>>
I was 11 or 12 and my parents bought me Smackdown vs RAW 2007

Started watching around the time of Evolution and Cena vs Edge.

My parents bought me ECW dvds for some reason and I got super into hardcore matches, anything that didn't have chair shots was unwatchable.
>>
>>2073577
The boobs.
>>
>>2073944
This pretty much. Kids at school watched it, I started to and we discussed it. Got out of it when it became necessary to watch smackdown too. The fighting was fun to watch but also the shenanigans of DX and other Wrestlers like mankind the rock etc.. I still remember when triple h and xpac took a piss on DOA motorcycles and this pissed them off and they had a match. Was funny shit.
>>
Five years old, staying with my dad for the summer. He ordered Great American Bash 1990. I saw Sting beat Flair for the title and was hooked.
>>
>>2073750
Kane in general got me into wrestling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-jiVzY3E1k
>>
i was into comics of awhile and my friend just kept trying to get me into wrestling showed me WM 30 with the shield and danil bryan got me into wrestling
>>
>>2073577
Old fag here.

Taker got me into it. I thought every match was a generic dude in blue trunks vs. a generic dude in red trunks.

Then, I saw my little bro playing a WWF video game on the SNES. I was like, "woah, that guy is a wrestler?!"

Like someone else said, I was into spooky stuff.

Snowballed from there. Who would have ever thought my first favorite wrestler would still be part of it all?

So, UT has been drawing my dimes to the business since I was a little kid until now. I'm 35. A lifetime of dimes, although I'm into it less and less now.

Will probably tap out on it, except for maybe the Rumble and 'Mania pretty soon.

Insanely large tits, always related.
>>
>>2074425
> undercarder marks reduced to lying on the internet
Kek how low will they go lads?
>>
>>2073577
Taker and Kane
>>
kid friends talking about some bald guy on tv doing what he wanted. I didn't have cable so I could only watch livewire.
>>
Uncle used to watch it during the Attitude and RA era. Bought me Wrestlemania 2000 on N64 but never really cared to play it. One day he comes home with the WM24 DVD and have fuck all to do so watch it that evening.

All went from there really
>>
>>2074425
>35
>ends post with 'tits ALWAYS related'
Holy shit, you need to have sex asap
>>
Hulk Hogan vs Lex Luger. First ever match I saw flipping through the channels
>>
>>2073577
i was born into a family that watched wrestling and seemed to only connect through it. it was my way of trying to fit into the family. granted i do enjoy the outlandishness.
>>
>>2073577
/cozy/ sat mornings at my aunts house watching Vader, hbk and razor
>>
Torrie wilson
>>
>>2073577

My brother got me into it
>>
A friend's boyfriend got me into it.
>>
>>2074551
I have a girlfriend and get laid all the time. Actually kind of sick of it. Would rather fap and be done with it a lot of times.

What's wrong with posting tits?

>>2074447
You think I would just go and lie on the Internet? Also, you called me an Undertaker mark. Which is correct, I am. I admitted that in my post under the thread, "What got you into wrestling?" So if I'm a mark, wouldn't that mean he drew my dimes?
>>
>>2073577
>What originally got you into wrestling?

When I was 9 I played peewee football and all the kids on my team liked wrestling. So I started watching to know what they were talking about. I picked a pretty decent time to get into it because it was the height of the Attitude Era.

I stopped being into wrestling a few years later, and didn't get back into it until like 2010-2011 when this guy called Spoony started making wrestling vlogs about how hilariously bad TNA had gotten. I found my way to /sp/ after watching the 2013 Royal Rumble. A couple years later you guys recommended watching Wrestle Kingdom 9 and now I'm an indie loving smark.
>>
That Max Landis video.
>>
File: 1464855225191.jpg (52KB, 872x574px) Image search: [Google]
1464855225191.jpg
52KB, 872x574px
>be canadian
>all our teams in everything sucks
>discover wrestling
>edge and benoit kick ass
>fast forward
>benoit dies
>>
Mike Tyson and Stone Cold having an altercation. Shit looked bananas. Stuck around for further Austin antics, DX, Rock & Nation of Domination, etc. Remember when The Rock became leader of the Nation, got everyone presents, and the present he got for Farooq was a damn cardboard cutout of The Rock? Shit like that happened on a weekly basis, so many good moments back then.
>>
Mostly from just playing the games. I wanted to find out who the people I was playing as were.
>>
When I was about 4/5 my dad's friend used to give me VCR tapes of old WrestleMania/SummerSlam events.

Loved The Ultimate Warrior.
Loved Macho Man.
Loved Rowdy Roddy Piper.
Decided I loved wrestling at that point.
Stopped watching about 2002/2003... picked it back up a couple of years ago... and I wish I hadn't because it's fucking SHIT now.
If it wasn't for Jericho I think I'd give up entirely.
>>
>>2074425
35 year damn, do you have any life advice for a 20 year old?
Do you regret some stuff?
>>
>>2076761
About to head to the bar. I might wrote more later. But one thing that comes to mind is to travel as much as you can while you're young and to not waste a ton of time with TV and video games.
>>
>>2076902
*write more.

Sorry. On phone.
>>
>>2073577
The two hours I could kill during Friday nights.
>>
Savio vega and stone cold strap match
>>
>>2073609
Same
>>
Sting
>>
>>2073577
The Russians hanging Ricky Morton. It was awesome
>>
>>2076910
18+
>>
>>2076906
Please do if you feel like it, I will check the archive if the thread dies
>>
>>2073577
My cousin let me borrow SVR2007 when I was ten and the first show I ever saw was Wrestlemania 23. I was hooked when Jeff Harvey jumped onto Edge in the MITB and fell in love when I saw Taker's entrance.
>>
Lou Thesz vs Verne Gagne
>>
>>2073577
First expose was to Bret Hart, I loved his look and I've been a mark since, came back around Kane's debut and left around his unmasking, returned when Cena began feuding with Orton.

I have no interest in watching any wwe products, I'm only currently interested in Brock vs. Goldberg right now.
>>
I started renting the WWF VHS tapes from blockbuster when I was a kid. Watched ever since.
>>
>little kid, maybe 5 or 6
>Turn on TV
>Bra and Panties match
And the rest is history

This is why wrestling is dying. Guys used to tune in for sexy women and big boss dudes and now it's trannies and manlets.
>>
WWF Attitude on PS1 and WCW/NWO Revenge on N64. Seeing the wrestlers and scenarios I was familiar with from the games come to life on TV felt awesome.
>>
Hogan and Warrior promos
>>
>>2077088
I don't remember that being a very good match
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.