[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two highest non WM Buyrates since 2002 >1. Royal Rumble 2002

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Two highest non WM Buyrates since 2002

>1. Royal Rumble 2002 (670,000 buys, most bought ever. Triple H's comeback match
>2. Summerslam 2005 (650,000 buys, main event of Hogan vs Michaels)

BASED DX CONFIRMED DRAWS
>>
>>2055139
>2002
Based Austin and Rock being such draws they set the business on fire
>2005
Based Hogan

Who are those two in your pic, OP?
>>
Based Kliq

Here come all the "b-but the rumble was the draw". Its the all time record, outdrawing even the boom years. Not to mention business went down big in 2001, the only way to explain the buyrate is HHHs return
>>
>>2055144
I'm sure those people in MSG in 2002 were chanting for Rocky and Austin when Triple H's music played.

>Implying people didn't want to see based Michaels after his promo on Larry King, brother.
>>
>>2055729
go and watch rumble 2002

Austin and Rock got bigger pops than hunter
>>
>>2055144
>>2055729
>>2055743

kekeke
DXbabby on suicide watch
>>
It's amazing how big Austin and Hogan are that they carried Undercarder and HBGay to the top two Summerslam buyrates

If they put their egos aside they could have had a match and easily done 1.5 million buys
>>
File: 510040_1385452028832_500_287.jpg (44KB, 499x287px) Image search: [Google]
510040_1385452028832_500_287.jpg
44KB, 499x287px
>>2055743
>Implying Austin and Rock ever drew a dime
I hope your parents didn't let you shower without a helmet.
>>
>>2055749
still think Goldberg vs Austin would do more
>>
>>2055759
Goldberg's drawing power was killed by the way WCW handled him at the end, Backlash 2003 lost 55k buys from the previous year in his debut match and it was even against The Rock.

If they wrestled in 1998 or 2001 (inVasion), sure. Any other time Austin/Hogan would have done more
>>
Yeah its pretty pathetic wwe does 12 ppvs a year and only 1 gets over a million buys
>>
>>2055767
Hogan and Stone Cold just seem totally polar opposites, it would be a bizarre match
>>
>>2055149
Bitch I might just play the 9-11 card just to spite you. Americans were depressed and TV was depressing at the time, of course casual fans are going to remember the good Americana that is the Royal Rumble and tune in to see it and take some edge off. Remember that the casual fan might not watch wrestling anymore and not give a shit about the average ppv, but the Royal Rumble is a nostalgia trip. Plus, WWE was patriotic to watch because they continued business as usual without letting terrorism shake them.

I'm playing devil's advocate here.
>>
>>2055139
No one cared about HHH then and no one cares now

All I see is a photo of a guy and his bag carrier
>>
>>2055749
It could have happened at Wrestlemania X8, but Austinetty knew he would get BTFO by Hogan so he hid from him in the midcard.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.