[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it uncommon for a WWE fan to not care about wrestling at all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1477369955733.gif (1MB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
1477369955733.gif
1MB, 300x170px
Is it uncommon for a WWE fan to not care about wrestling at all?

I get hyped for entrances, promos, run-ins, diva butts, match results, but I just don't care about the routine of watching a guy do the same moves he's done a million times against a guy he's fought a million times. Can't stand rest holds, irish whip strikes, corner beatings... The meat of every match is just mind-numbing. Jericho and AJ are the only exceptions because they have great ring psychology and occasionally do something different.

Sheamus vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania was the best match I've ever seen because it didn't trudge on AT ALL
>>
wrestling is fake and gay
>>
Then you're not a fan of pro wrestling, you're a fan of sports entertainment
>>
>>2036368
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD9SXH4T4Fc
So be it.
>>
>>2036357
This is exactly my situation, and that's why i don't wnat Nakamura or Asuka on the main roster, their struggle to make one simple sentence makes me wonder why didn't they learn english yet, yeah, they are good at the ring, but that won't save them in the main roster where you have to also cut promos and speak good
>>
File: 1475115323281.png (700KB, 709x534px) Image search: [Google]
1475115323281.png
700KB, 709x534px
>>2036424
But Nakamura has a good entrance, and Asuka is a BRICK HOUSE MEAT TOILET
>>
>>2036433
Yeah, sure, but have you seen them in the mic? Maybe they are the best speaking in japanese, but everyone of their promos in nxt that didn't end in a fight were absolutely garbage
>>
File: 1442351610198.jpg (110KB, 723x960px) Image search: [Google]
1442351610198.jpg
110KB, 723x960px
>>2036446
I thought Asuka was cute taunting Dana and Emma back in the day.

They seem to know what to do with her character
>>
>>2036446
Asuka's english is at least getting better and she speaks a lot clearer than Nakamura.
>>
>>2036357
You're not an obese smark and probably have a healthy social life. Congratulations bro
>>
>>2036446
Bayley is doing fine and Asuka is a better promo than her
>>
File: 1464654259697.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1464654259697.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>2036499
>Asuka is a better promo than her
>is a better promo
>is a promo
Wew lad, I heard that some wrestlers bringed the gimmick to the extreme, but this is just ridiculous
>>
>>2036508
18+
>>
>>2036514
>>
Yes that's why Goldberg was over in WCW but nowhere near as over in WWE. Wrestling is fucking boring
>>
>>2036357
Is it uncommon for a WWE babby to not even be an actual wrestling fan?

Sadly, it is not uncommon at all.

Also please kindly kill yourself
>>
File: 1419092431971.gif (2MB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
1419092431971.gif
2MB, 200x160px
>>2036526
Goldberg was over in WCW because they let a football player bury 173 wrestlers in a row, it's also the reason there is no more WCW... Steiner saved the company from Goldberg too late.

Now I have to watch interviews about Hall and Nash being responsible because they made wrestling cool again
>>
>>2036499
asuka probably wouldn't have spilled spaghetti everywhere like bayley did when put on the spot at least
>>
the simple fact is during the AA there was an average of 10 million viewers on monday nights. Now they struggle to hold 4 million.

But surely it has nothing to do with the move towards sports entertainment.
>>
>>2036604
Now they struggle to hold 2.5 million
FTFY
>>
>>2036374
So based. I'm not even a Steiner fag but that dude is crazy.
>>
File: 1455135317643.gif (3MB, 350x312px) Image search: [Google]
1455135317643.gif
3MB, 350x312px
>>2036604
In case you haven't noticed they're moving AWAY from sports entertainment.

During AA, they have Austin drive Angle to a bridge and pretend to push him over the side. They had DX harassing WCW outside of the arena they were performing in. Rock's airtime was primarily composed of backstage interactions. The divas spent more time stripping than wrestling. There was a whole division of wrestlers whose job is was to get assaulted in restaurants and parking lots so we wouldn't have to suffer through actual in-ring competition. When there WAS in-ring competition and there weren't stipulations to throw in tables, barbed wire, fire, or thumbtacks, they livened up the shitfest that is slamming sweaty men by spitting water and alcohol on their opponent and sticking a sock full of ball-sweat in the other guy's mouth.

NOW we've moved away from "sports entertainment" into an era of phony athleticism. An era where we pretend to enjoy watching clumsy women botch snapmares. An era where even flippy shit is too exciting so everyone has two or three moves and sometimes include "punch." The most hardcore they get is with the annual neutered TLC meme where vegan manlets take to twitter and post pictures of the boo-boos they suffered when they got grazed by the edge of a ladder. Multiple fridge divas. No believable animosity. Edgy characters like Bray can't wed Stephanie to the dark lord or even talk in a manner more edgy than an RL Stine book. Dean wants to be hardcore but his mom won't let him. Creative's too scared to give black characters a gimmick because they're intimidated by the racial climate. Promos are nothing more than notices that a match will happen THIS SUNDAY ON THE WWE NETWORK.

Sports entertainment was entertaining. The current product of manlet flippy shit with the smark audience chanting "THIS IS AWESOME" every time they break a rest hold or the two wrestlers stop and look at each other... That is not entertaining.

Have sex you skirt-wearing queer
>>
>>2036604
The attitude era was way more sports entertainy than the now glorified indie show that is wwe, you moron. 18+
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.