[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Vince >created a faction of young talents >they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: ca881ccdf98882f981b95434af3311ee.jpg (143KB, 1284x722px) Image search: [Google]
ca881ccdf98882f981b95434af3311ee.jpg
143KB, 1284x722px
>be Vince
>created a faction of young talents
>they become over as fuck, the next goldmine
>split said faction
>botch each one single's run

how did they do this?

You look at 2013 and before, those guys were over as fuck, despite being heels. Their segments, comics, everything. And they all struggle now.

Rollins beeing the one to turn heel was correct, his feud with Ambrose great, great cashing in at mania and then everything went to shit.

Roman, everything went to shit as soon as he was on his own. Overpushed, multiple wrong gimmicks, never turned heel.

Ambrose again had a great feud with Rollins, but between that and his own cashing in it was rubbish. And then more rubbish.

You look at the Shield's triple threat and by now it should have been hyped as fuck, wrestlemania hype match. It was nothing and rightfully thrown for a secondary ppv.

The fuck WWE?
>>
none of them were all that good
>>
Funny thing about Roman is that he was just the dumb muscle of the shield that barely did any talking for most of it while Ambrose was portrayed as the leader and then they just decided they want Roman to be the next Cena.
>>
>mfw -18 Shield marks discovered the difference between good booking/presentation and bad
>>
From Ambrose's cash-in to the brand split, he was doing extremely well. Ziggler was a fucking buzzsaw for him.
>>
File: sethshowingthemainmanbelt.jpg (243KB, 467x377px) Image search: [Google]
sethshowingthemainmanbelt.jpg
243KB, 467x377px
>>2036118
PPV seth did well but outside of PPVS they made him look shitty, he had a few good feuds and he with j&j security was gold.
>>
>>2036118
Though their booking has all been bad, they're three of the guys I can most comfortably say it was their fault.
Dean is sloppy in-ring, and Roman/Seth are just flat-out some of the most boring fuckers on the planet.
>>
>>2036118
The decisions they made were continually stupid

>Shield splits up
>Ambrose and Rollins start feuding which is fair enough
>Randomly at the same time Roman decides he doesn't care about the betrayal and goes after the title, starts getting booed (first bad decision)
>Rollins beats Ambrose at Summerslam, then puts his head through cinder blocks, establishes himself as a top heel (good booking)
>Roman beats Rollins clean on RAW ahead of a Roman vs Rollins match on PPV (what the fuck)
>Roman gets injured, Ambrose comes back to continue feud with Rollins (okay, can get back on track)
>Rollins beats Ambrose again, Ambrose looks like a jobber and moves into a feud with Wyatt, Rollins into a feud with Cena (dumb, Ambrose should have beaten Rollins here but now he's down 0-3 against Seth)
>Ambrose loses to Wyatt twice including losing to a TV explosion, meanwhile Seth has a bunch of random Cena matches, loses the authority, gets the authority back like three weeks later and again looks like a top heel. Eventually looks amazing against Cena and Lesnar.
>Roman comes back with no momentum at the same time as Daniel Bryan, everyone knows he shouldn't win the Rumble, wins the rumble and Vince pretty much ends any chance of getting Roman over for at least a year
>Meanwhile Ambrose is in the IC title mix, i.e. where careers go to die at this point in time

The only one who came out the initial 6 months looking decent was Rollins and WWE eventually killed him with 8 months of booking him like a retard champion.
>>
>>2036141
Yeah but these are all weaknesses you can book around.

And desu, I'm not even that convinced that Seth is a garbage promo. Has he EVER gotten good material? Roman has tried so many different things and even though most of it is badly written, he's so wooden anyway, I have a hard time believing he'd be any better with more creative freedom or better writing.
>>
>>2036153
seth was good that one time when he threatened to paralyse edge

>I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL BREAK HIS NECK JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHNN
>>
>>2036151
>Roman beats Rollins clean on RAW ahead of a Roman vs Rollins match on PPV (what the fuck)
lol where have I see this movie before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1jsuKVlFCg
>>
>>2036158
>JAAAAAAAAAAAAHN
>WHAT KINDA MAN ARE YOU JAAAAAAAAAAAHN
And then probably the best line of Rollins career
>But damn, you gotta know me better than that, I'm gonna kill him anyway!
>>
>>2036161
Yeah, it's a shame that instead of keeping that intensity that got him over as a heel (immediately after this he looked godlike against Brock and Cena, actually looked like he was on their level), WWE decided to go the standard chickenshit heel run and after three months he had no heat at all.
>>
And for the sake of it, let's look at where they are now, a couple of years after the split.

Rollins: no gimmick. Chased the title over who's HHH's bitch. Has nothing going on until HHH shows up. And this is one of the guy WWE is actually investing on, not one random lowcarder who's stuck with no material. Wow.

Roman: went through the American hero gimmick, which at best can give him a 50-50 crowd, often 20-80. Still forced face believed by noone but Pajeets. Pointless program with Owens.

Ambrose: got a 40-60 crowd against AJ, his lunatic fringe gimmick has nothing else to offer anymore as face. Moving down the card, it took Ellsworth heel turn to give me a good face pop.

None of them is in a good program. 2 of them have no gimmick, the last one's has been milked to death.
>>
The Shield was better than the sum of its parts.

That's it
>>
Oh and they absolutely destroyed Rollin's Redesign Rebuild Reclaim gimmick by forcing him heel again, then jobbing him to Balor and Owens.
>>
>>2036168
Man, that fucking Rumble match. The dude who spiked Lesnar through a table, bashed his face in with the briefcase and busted out a goddamn Phoenix Splash on John Cena, look how goddamn low his credibility is now compared to then. It's disastrous.

At least Rollins might be saved by the HHH feud, 'cause him going over HHH should be a good time at least, but the way WWE keeps fucking up these can't-miss talents is fucking awful. Rollins, Owens, Zayn, Bayley, all got crazy over and now they're all fucking nowhere. Even Roman has a fucking great look and can do a couple things well. You could book around his weaknesses and make something out of him but they just couldn't keep their dicks in their pants at the 2015 Rumble and now he's basically ruined.

They just have absolutely no clue how to build a babyface anymore and it's slowly killing the product.

>>2036185
lmao that they had an opportunity to bring him back as the most over babyface in the company immediately by default and they kept him heel, then Roman pissed hot and Balor got injured so they had to turn him face anyway THREE MONTHS LATER and it's been an unmitigated disaster.
>>
>>2036194
Hopefully Seth does what Seth does best and kills Trippples career
>>
>>2036118
Booking Rollins as a chickenshit was the first mistake
>>
>>2036153
If you have to book around such glaring weaknesses, is it worth the effort, anyway?
If you need convincing, watch mid-late 2015. Sure, he had bad booking material, but with that much promo-time, you can really see who's good and who's bad, and Seth's delivery is about as monotonous and dull as anyone.

>>2036158
>>2036161
>that segment
>good

Gain standards, shit sucked. He has zero ability to adlib.
>>
>>2036174
Before the Ellsworth thing people had basically stopped giving a shit about Dean. The only reason he still manages to get okay crowd reactions is because of his whole shtick with Ellsworth. Now he is back where he belongs in the mid-card.
>>
dont forget about Seth being a reckless wrestler and injuring everyone and fucking up storylines
>>
>>2036185
I like how they have completely dropped the whole Redesign Rebuild Reclaim thing. Now he has that shitty Seth Freakin Rollins thing like they thought it would be a step up or something. It's just cringey to me.
>>
>>2036216
He even fucked up his own mania main event storyline by getting himself injured. Then he had to watch Roman get it aswell. Hilarious.
>>
>>2036223
Yeah I know, it's fucking retarded.

Redesign, Rebuild, Reclaim was a good slogan, good for storylines, good gimmick as ''finally Rollins has grown up and wins on his own''.

It lasted 1 ppv.

>>2036215
Though again, Ellsworth shows that if you give them something to work with, they can get over.
>>
>>2036118
WWE fails to capitalize on the strengths of wrestlers, we've seen this way too often and it keeps happening all the time. Who's responsible, besides Vince? I'd say Dunn and other faggots.

Ambrose was praised for his mic work. What do we do? Make him a cringy lunatic who does nothing lunatic-like after his feud with Seth.

Roman suddenly doesn't care that he was betrayed in the SHEBD and goes on to do his own thing. Doesn't change attire and theme.

Seth was pushed to the moon with the worst booking imaginable outside of PPVs, of course he'd fail.

WWE just looks like they're trying to sabotage their own product for some retarded reason.
>>
>>2036229
>Though again, Ellsworth shows that if you give them something to work with, they can get over.

Maybe, but a comedy shtick can only go so far and that's all they had really comedy and meme value. I don't think many people really wanted Dean to win back the title.
>>
It's almost as if tag team babbies aren't always good single stars.
>>
>>2036239
Title is good on AJ's shoulders. What's depressing is that he has no real challenger.

Cena is part time, Ambrose demoted, who's in?
But that's a whole other story.
>>
>>2036252
According to dirt-sheets Cena is next. So I'm not sure AJ will be champ past the rumble. Good thing is there are far more heels than faces so he will probably have an easier time finding another opponent.
>>
>>2036262
Well Cena is obviously the next one and he'll probably win the title at Mania. If they have any brain, considering Cena is part time, they'll make a double turn.
>>
>>2036269
Double turn is never going to happen. If it does i'll eat my own hat. According to house shows he should be back in a fortnight while Dean will be feuding with the Miz which could be quite good once Ellsworth is gone. God knows what Ziggler will do though. Maybe another Corbin feud?
>>
File: 1480104735917.gif (2MB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
1480104735917.gif
2MB, 500x260px
Vince didn't botch their singles runs.

>Seth botched himself by injuring Sting, Cena, himself, probably others because he can't tell the difference between a spot and a vendetta
>Dean botched himself by giving up lifting to become a lanklet with Marfan's, as well doing the same "unpredictable" thing every week
>Roman botched himself by trying way too hard to seduce the wives of marks, and while Steiner could be said to do the same, he was at least entertaining about it and not just projecting his mental self-image of fabio on a harlequin romance novel cover

At the moment Rusev is more entertaining than any of them and Damian Sandow could entertain circles around them if he wasn't released for some reason.
>>
>>2036302
RuRu had a hard life....
>>
>>2036201
Sethfags liked that segment because he reminded them of one of their Chinese cartoon villains. It was ridiculous and made Edge and Christian look like complete bitches.
>>
>Shield
>Vince's idea
>>
>>2036118
Nah, anon. There was nothing wrong with Roman's push. It was the fans.
>rumble time
>Roman is way over
>give win to Batista
>fans boo the fuck out of him
>wants Roman to win
>okay, lets push Roman
>now fans boo Roman
>give him the next Rumble
>fans still boo
There's no pleasing shitheads like internet smarks
>>
Seth's major downfall was the loss of the curb stomp. Also hes a natural heel, they need to cut it with the good guy shit.

Dean's was not letting him be a Stone Cold v2 type character and giving him a dumb nickname like Lunatic Fringe.

Roman was the attempt of going over Bryan. The crowd turned on him immediately.
>>
>>2036599
Nobody booed Big Dave because they wanted Roman Empire to win and you know it.
>>
Name one thing Vince hasn't botched in the last 10 years
>>
>>2036614
This. The excuse is so bad. If they didn't want Roman to win, why would they cheer him? If they didn't want Roman or Batista to win, they would boo both of them. They wanted Roman Reigns to win the Royal Rumble.
>>
>>2036610
Eh, Seth could have been a decent face if they had turned him as soon as he came back from injury.
The crowd was eating it up until he started playing heel again, then it felt like all the air had just been sucked out the room.

If he had came back face, it would have worked, he had the momentum. But they couldn't risk Seth overshadowing Roman, so they blew their chance.
And then Roman got popped for "adderall" so they had to turn Seth quick. But it was too little, too late.
>>
Reminder the Shield reunion at Survivor Series got the biggest pop we've had in months
>>
>>2036599
OP here, you made the stupidest post of the thread.

People didn't just boo Batista at the rumble, they also booed Rey Mysterio when he entered n.30 and any other face because the only face they wanted was Bryan. So they hijacked the event and booed every face and cheered for the heels, that included Roman or any other of the Shield.

Same goes for 2015. The only face they wanted was Bryan and once again WWE didn't deliver, pushing another guy nobody wanted. To add insult to injury the ending of that Rumble had 3 heels and a face. Kane and Bigshow were obviously losers, so that left Roman obvious winner in the final 4. That's how you don't book Royal Rumbles. The ending must be unpredictable, not obvious.

The fans know what they want and that was Bryan.

Congrats for failing to understand that and other very basic logic of booking.

Dumbest post of the thread.
>>
>>2036599
By your own logic, Rusev shoulda won this year.
>>
>>2036128
Ambrose was too erratic to be the leader.

Seth was too self-centered to lead

and...

Roman was too dumb to also be the leader

If you actually paid attention then you'd know that they all took turns leading.
>>
>>2036633
Was that the Rumble that also had Kane and Big show eliminating all of the young talent?
>>
>>2036640
Yeah, Bray eliminated Bryan out of nowhere, then Kane and Big Show eliminated everybody anybody else liked.
>>
>>2036643
Yep.

Hey let's put 2 guys who everyone knows they'll never win because they are lifelong jobbers as the final 4, I'm sure the crowd will like it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
even more detrimental to Roman, not only the wrongly pushed him at the Rumble over Bryan but then they had Bryan job to him straightway

way to fuck him up for good.
>>
File: Building new stars.webm (1MB, 478x254px) Image search: [Google]
Building new stars.webm
1MB, 478x254px
>>2036640
>>2036643
>>
>>2036650
They could've at least had it mean something if it was, say, Bray and Luke.

>>2036651
That's the thing, if you just switch Bryan and Roman (Roman wins Intercontinental Title, Bryan goes to main event, Rollins cashes in), it would've been fucking fine. I bet people actually would've gotten behind Roman over the course of the year and you'd actually be able to give him his big win at Mania 32.

>>2036703
lol christ, the worst part is that, the apparent final four (Rusev is still under the ring at this point) is Dean/Roman/Kane/Show. Dean and Roman were facing off with Kane and Show and it looked like a big 2v2 fight was gonna go down and people were actually getting into it.

Then Dean immediately gets KOed and tossed out and the crowd is completely fucking fed up with the show at that point.

I just dunno how they thought ANY of that shit was a good idea.
>>
>>2036703
I get the point was to showcase the Authority taking control of the Rumble even more, but it's not like anyone expected Uncle Kane or Beeg to win. C'mon....
>>
>>2036118
The Shield was shit. The Wyatt family should have gotten their push.

Bray should have been a multiple wwe champion by now. Harper should have floated between midcard and upper midcard.

Rowan should be a decent midcard guy.
>>
>>2036599
The problem was that Bryan was over as fuck those 2 years. Fans turned on Batista when Bryan wasn't even in the Rumble.....I still feel bad for poor Rey who was booed out of the building when he came out at 30.
Also eliminating Bryan as fast as possible the following year just to make Roman look better, was a huge mistake. Fans turned on the entire Rumble the second Bryan gorgeous tossed out.
>>
>>2036703
The worst booked Rumble finish ever.

>two 40 year old guys toss out all the young talent
>just to try and get them heat so when Roman tossed them both out fans would love him

Having Rock come out was just icing on the shit cake. Poor Rock was stunned by fans booing him like that.
>>
>>2036703
WAAAAAAAH WHY AREN'T THE CHEERING ROMAN HE ELIMINATED BEEG AND KANE THAT NOONE COULD HE SO STRONG

The Rumble only retarded Pajeets liked.
>>
>>2036758
That's actually the main reason Roman is so hated.
His push was out of hopelessly burying the entire roster, including most of the upcoming stars.

Fucking cancer that ruined WWE.
>>
The 2015 rumble was even worse when you remember that Roman didn't conquer the two evil giants. Beeg and Kane only got eliminated when they turned on each other, and Roman sneaks up behind them and dumped both. The idea was that he was avenging all the crows favourites but they couldn't even get that right lol.
>>
>>2036118
Roman would be over if not for 3 fuck ups

>Daniel Bryan would have been squashed by brock lesnar

>Roman Getting injured Before HiaC 2014 as he would have had the dolph ziggler storyline going into SS14

>putting Dbryan in the rumble

if these things hadn't happened he would be over universally, he was the right guy at the right time but thing fucked up and failed he should just turn heel now
>>
>>2036836
>putting Dbryan in the rumble
They didn't in 2014, worked so well, didn't it?
>Roman Getting injured Before HiaC 2014 as he would have had the dolph ziggler storyline going into SS14

He was starting to get booed already. Vince being obtuse and sticking to a failed plan made it worse.
Roman simply doesn't have what it takes to be a face to begin with. The complete burial of the roster for him sealed it.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.