[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WWE has ended the run of their "WWE Superstars"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1480391316334.jpg (196KB, 595x340px) Image search: [Google]
1480391316334.jpg
196KB, 595x340px
>WWE has ended the run of their "WWE Superstars" series, PWInsider.com has confirmed. The series has been replaced by 205 Live, which will officially debut tomorrow and air live every Tuesday on the WWE Network after Smackdown Live goes off the air on the USA Network. Internally, the change is being seen as a way of replacing one series with another that will add greater value to WWE Network subscriptions.

>Main Event, which had been taped on Tuesdays, will now be taped on Mondays prior to Raw going on the air.

>The Superstars series was originally a syndicated show that launched in the late 1980s that later shifted over to the USA Network in 1996. Prior to the launch of Monday Night Raw in 1993, it was considered the primary series for WWF and was used to drive storylines directions. As WWF shifted focus to cable programming in the 1993, the series became more of a magazine style show reviewing recent events. The original incarnation ended its run in 2001 on TNN, which at the time was the home of WWF programming on cable.

>The most recent incarnation was originally launched as an original series for WGN America in April 2009 as well as international syndication. In 2011, the series left WGN and was streamed online on the WWE website before settling into a home on the WWE Network when WWE launched its streaming service in February 2014.

>The most recent incarnation ran for 398 episodes.

F
>>
>>2003143
good riddance
>>
Superstars has been around forever. Interesting they got rid of that instead of Main Event.
>>
>>2003169
Technically they got rid of Main Event since that was the Smachdown show and Superstars was the Raw show. They just swapped the names.
>>
>>2003143
>Superstars returns with Undertaker vs Matt Hardy to get people to watch
>every episode after is just filled with jobbers and midcarders

Good
>>
File: IMG_0805.gif (969KB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0805.gif
969KB, 190x200px
>>2003143
So what the fuck are they gonna tape on mondays before Raw?
>>
>>2003271

>Main Event, which had been taped on Tuesdays, will now be taped on Mondays prior to Raw going on the air.

Read you nigger
>>
Where am I gonna watch Curtis axel matches now? I'm 100% serious about this
>>
>>2003971
On Main Event.

They'll just have Raw matches on Main Event now.
>>
Jack Swagger, Corbin and Hawkins must be really sad now.
>>
>>2003998
Jack really messed up moving to Smackdown huh.
>>
>>2004204
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IS THE ROLLING STOOOONES
>>
>>2004204
I'M GONNA BE A BIIIIIIIG PROBLEM
>>
>>2003143
Okay can someone explain to me WTF these even are? Are they just matches befroe Smackdown? Arent the arenas empty?
>>
>>2004208
SMACKDOWN LIVE IS MY NEW HOME
>>
>>2004221
Is the arena empty a half hour before the show starts? Wtf do you think?
>>
File: vince.jpg (173KB, 2000x1501px) Image search: [Google]
vince.jpg
173KB, 2000x1501px
>>2004281
WE NEED MORE JOBBERS FOR STROWMAN DAMMIT!
>>
>>2004221
WWE had untelevised matches as a bonus to the fan that go to see the show live. "Dark matches" are an incentive to going to the show and to get the crowd excited for the main show. They normally have people on the lower end of the card. WWE begin recording this part of the show to be sold them internationally. Normally 2 matches would be taped before RAW and 2 before Smackdown. Highlights from RAW and Smackdown would be mixed in with these matchs to form the two one hour shows, WWE Main Event and WWE Superstars.

You end up with 5 or so midcarders/jobbers on the show having storylineless matches for a few weeks. Then a new batch of midcarder/jobbers comes in. Repeat for 398 episodes. It's cheap money for WWE.
>>
>not going for an even 400

i dont why this bothers me but it does
>>
>>2003143
They should've just got rid of Main Event, it literally never drew since it's inception
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.