[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the word is WWE is planning a match with Ronda Rousey vs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: article-1-png.png (313KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
article-1-png.png
313KB, 600x337px
So the word is WWE is planning a match with Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte at Wrestlemania. It won't be an MMA match. So she will need to be trained to transition to pro wrestling.

My question is how would you train her to perform in the ring? What style would be most appropriate for her?

Personally, I would like to see her wrestle like a female Kurt Angle. Now before you jump on me my reasoning is this: Angle's basic approach to his matches was suplex after suplex until his opponent was so worn out he could lock in his submission, the ankle lock.

Well Ronda is a world champion in Judo. Becoming a Suplex machine would be very natural for a judo master. And I would also give her a Judo inspired finisher, the Uranage Suplex. Check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s_dYqMDIkw
I'd call it a Rowdy Rock Bottom, given her history with the Rock.

So in conclusion: female Kurt Angle, suplex machine, Rowdy Rock Bottom would be Angle Slam, Armbar would be her Ankle Lock. This style executed by Rousy would remind people of Angle's in-ring intensity which is what she already demonstrates in the Octogon.
>>
nobody gives a shit about rousey anymore, although i'm not surprised wwe is late on trends. they still think p diddy and flo rida are big stars
>>
>>1997701
Ronda isn't that much old news yet. She's still at the top of everyone's list when you ask who is the baddest woman on the planet.
>>
>>1997696
>word is

no, this is absolute bullshit speculation
>>
>>1997701
It's not so much that they think they're big stars, it's that p diddy and flo rida got small enough for WWE to afford.
>>
>>1997701
>>1997742
When the fuck was "Flo Rida" ever a big star?
>>
>>1997744
That stupid whistle song.
>>
>>1997744

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq6Q_uaJF4k

#3 on the billboard chart for the entire 2000s
>>
>>1997701
Seriously. They missed the fucking boat on Wale, and he loves wrestling and would have done it for damn near free. They need some younger god damn promotional people.
>>
Ronda clearly doesn't have the heart to keep fighting in UFC. The fucked up thing is she will probably go over Charlotte who is infinitely more likable and deserving of any sort of spotlight.
>>1997744
Flo Rida had some very high charting hit songs from around 2008 to 2010. He has something like 70 million digital downloads. But to your point, most of his success is behind him.
>>
>>1997757
You are now realising that every pop culture reference in WWE has to pass the judgment of a bubble billionaire born during the 2nd World War.

>>1997752
I don't remember this getting popular until like late 2008. And it was never "huge" was it?
>>
File: hvGmQlU.png (22KB, 966x224px)
hvGmQlU.png
22KB, 966x224px
>>1997763
>>
>>1997765
I read that too, just saying, I don't recall it being "meme" popular or absolutely everywhere like, say, LMFAO were a few years back.
>>
>>1997769
it wasn't as big as LMFAO but they currently have the #1 song of the 2010s on the hot 100 so that's not against him

i heard it for a long time
>>
>>1997769
The song was huge, and was right before the internet really exploded with Facebook and memes and youtube becoming a household thing.
>>
Good, Ronda is a bigger draw than the whole womens division combined.
>>
>>1997696
I really like that Uranage suplex. Why don't we see that more often?
>>
>>1997783
Did you see the way he landed on his neck? WWE probably wouldn't do that and its not dangerous or flippy enough for indy feds.
>>
>>1997786
Yeah but the move could be adjusted so the guy lands flat on his back.
>>
>>1997696
i would love to see ronda get slimed
>>
>>1997786
>when a /wwe/ mark who doesn't watch indies talks about indies
>>
>>1997696
> intro lasts longer than the actual move
What a fucking bellwhiff
Cool move though
>>
File: photo-1.jpg (21KB, 437x437px)
photo-1.jpg
21KB, 437x437px
>>1998113
> indies
>>
>>1997696

>So she will need to be trained to transition to pro wrestling.

Good god I hope they aren't just now starting on this. Even if she's a natural, and can pick up things like bumping and working strikes and jumping for lifts and lifting people herself, she is doing to be rancid shit green regardless in four months. She will have ZERO idea how to string together actions into a proper match. She'll be like a less fat Nia Jax.

And there isn't a goddamn prayer that Charlotte could carry someone that goddamn new to a good match. They're only options to avoid an abortion would be a Goldberg style squash, or a tag match like the Stephen Amell shit where she doesn't really DO anything 90% of the time.
>>
>>1997786

It is completely unnecessary to spike the guy on his neck like that, Japanese wrestlers are just goddamn insane.

For what it's worth, Bray does a more proper Uranage (not pulling them across his body in midair like that Japanese dude). The Briscoes in ROH also do it.
>>
>>1997696
source: my ass
>>
>>1998159
>They're only options to avoid an abortion would be a Goldberg style squash

given how hyped Ronda used to be that's not impossible
>>
>>1997696
>WWE wasting Ronda on Wreck Flair's kid
Lol. She will face and job to Stephanie.
>>
>>1998189

The downside being a (likely) one-time-only celebrity would bury one of the more/only credible women in the company.

At least Goldberg v Brock II was between TWO people who aren't going to wrestle for another six goddamn months.
>>
>>1997750
That Jagger song?
>>
>>1998493
Are you thinking of Maroon 5?
>>
This Wrestlemania could worst than a casual show... celebrities trying to wrestle, retired people returning for one last run and part-timers in the main matches...
>>
>>1998517
Brocketty and Goldbergetty BTFO
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.