[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that the only time the Undercarder drew any dimes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: update060214.jpg (61KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
update060214.jpg
61KB, 400x274px
Daily reminder that the only time the Undercarder drew any dimes in his """career""" is when he was being carried by Edge.
>>
Based Edge carrying Mark Dimesaway to his only Wrestlemania main event to get over a million buys
>>
>>1997511
Edge was carried in his last match by Del Rio.
>>
>>1997511
Or Batista
>>
>>1997511
>>1997512
>>1997512
>>1997518
The only time Edge drew dimes was when he was carried by based Cena. SD had shit ratings and bad merch sales when Edge was champ
>>
>>1997529
Edge vs Ziggler feud right after Taker/Kane in late 2010 did better ratings

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2010-ratings/
http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2011-ratings/
>>
Edge was the only heel allowed to do heel things and was always in a feud with a top guy. His career was saved by the MitB gimmick and Matt Hardy's being dumb enough to air their dirty laundry in public.
>>
>>1997537
>SD ratings
>dimes

pick one
>>
>>1997602
>SD had shit ratings when Edge was champ
>Edge brings the ratings up
>SD ratings don't matter

what were you going for with this?
>>
>>1997529
Heel champs arent really good for that. But I will agree La Familia was boring
>>
>>1997565
His career didn't need saving. He was homegrown talent who Vince always loved, was half decent on the mic, and could do spot fest top caliber matches when needed. He was always destined for greatness.
>>
>>1997646
But lets be honest before the Mitb he wasnt anywhere near the mainevent spot. He was lucky to be getting IC reigns and he already had his 1st major neck surgery. If it was for the opportunist angles and his character work going waay up hed be just another lance storm, shelton benjamin or carlito
>>
>>1997529
Edge was so based he carried Christian's career and pretty much made him world champ for 10 sec.
>>
>>1997511
>Edge
>Drawing
The contrarian Undercarder memes are getting out of hand
>>
>>1997605
we're talking about drawing dimes. SD ratings aren't dimes. where were YOU going with this?
>>
>>1997537
>early in 2011 had better ratings than late in 2010

There's a pretty obvious reason why that is.

>>1997658
>he wasn't a main eventer until he got pushed onto a platform to make him a main eventer

What brilliant insight.

>and his character work going waay up hed be just another lance storm, shelton benjamin or carlito

So did you just pick names out from a hat? Because none of those guys have anything in common.
>>
>>1997668
If SD ratings don't matter than why even bring it up in the first place by saying it had shit ratings when he was champ (which is wrong as you can see) ?
>>
>>1997671
>>early in 2011 had better ratings than late in 2010

what is it? not trying to meme, late 2009 ratings were the exact same as early 2010

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2009-ratings/
>>
>>1997682
>>There's a pretty obvious reason why that is.

meant that for >>1997682
>>
>>1997671
Only thing I pulled out of was your mom. Dont need 2 shit posters of your caliber.
>>
>>1997676
if you bothered reading my post (you didn't), I also mentioned the shit merch sales. those are the real dimes. I never implied ratings were dimes, because they aren't
>>
>>1997711
you were wrong about the ratings being shit so why would I believe you saying his merch sales were bad?
>>
>>1997715
>you were wrong about the ratings being shit

no i wasn't, for a couple of reasons.

a) it's SD pre-RR. ratings always go up. you can check this yourself

b) ratings went DOWN after the edge-ziggler feud WHILE EDGE WAS STILL CHAMP. if anything, you proved that ziggler was the draw, not Edge.

>why would I believe you saying his merch sales were bad?

what is there to believe? it's not an opinion, it's facts you can look up yourself if you're still not convinced by the ratings you posted that edge wasn't a draw.
>>
>>1997776
>a) it's SD pre-RR. ratings always go up. you can check this yourself

I did right here >>1997682 and late 2009/early 2010 SD were the exact same, there was no difference at all

>b) ratings went DOWN after the edge-ziggler feud WHILE EDGE WAS STILL CHAMP. if anything, you proved that ziggler was the draw, not Edge.

2/25/11's SD did a 2.31 rating with a main event of Edge and Kelly Kelly vs Drew Mcintyre and Vickie Guerrero and the segment right after was all Edge and Vickie besides Del Rio who came out at the end. Other than that jump the ratings stayed the exact same as they did in January until Edge retired besides getting a 1.79 one week.

>
what is there to believe? it's not an opinion, it's facts you can look up yourself if you're still not convinced by the ratings you posted that edge wasn't a draw.

I guess you can't read
>>
>>1997784
>2/25/11's SD did a 2.31 rating

stopped reading there. that was the start of the Road to WM where ratings always go up and promptly go back down afterwards (which you clearly saw but don't mention). please learn how ratings work before you use them to defend bad draws. If your argument is that the ratings went up to 2.31 because of edge, how do you reconcile this with the fact that ratings went down right afterwards while Edge was still champ?

you still haven't addressed the fact that merch sales are the real dimes anyway (i.e. it's the reason why Cena has been the biggest draw since 2005), so until you get a clue i am done with this 'discussion'
>>
>>1997789
>stopped reading there

I'm glad you read that there was no difference between late 2009 and early 2010 Smackdown with this supposed "pre RR ratings boost" that you said at least. And I said it was an anomaly, just like the 1.79 rating. The ratings stayed the exact same as they did in January

I have addressed merch sales multiple times because you've been wrong repeatedly on the ratings and yet you expect me to believe his merch sales was bad
>>
>>1997776
>a) it's SD pre-RR. ratings always go up. you can check this yourself

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2008-ratings/

>Late 2008 Smackdown 2.0-2.2s

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2009-ratings/

>Early 2009 Smackdown 2.0s to 2.2s

just admit Edge was based my man
>>
>>1997682
Road to WrestleMania always gets a rise compared to holiday season.

>>1997706
pity (you)
>>
>>1997810
maybe for RAW but there was no difference between late 2008 to early 2009 smackdown and late 2009 smackdown to early 2010 smackdown

late 2010 smackdown to early 2011 smackdown is the only one that you could see a noticeable jump
>>
>>1997660
>being an Edgecuck
Christian was the better guy in their tag matches, and his TNA and WWECW runs shit on Adam "Hide My Flaws in Gimmick Matches" Copeland's singles work. Edge was Kennedy-tier as a solo act until he got Lita and MitB.
>>
>>1997658
Dude, he had a ton more natural charisma than any of the guys you mentioned. And yes, his injury severely slowed him down just as his singles push was in the breakout phase (ala Balor this summer).

The important thing is, as soon as he came back he delivered, and MItB or not, he would have delivered regardless because the passion was there and the belief in him was there.

He made a terrific classical heel with a modern edge (pardon the pun).
>>
Undercarder didn't even draw with Edge. He drew with Brock Lesnar and Batista

>edge
>drawing a dime
>>
>>1997930
WM24 was the only undercarder wm main event that did over 1m buys
>>
>>1997923
Christian was a better technical wrestler, with slightly better mic skills and an awkward, but ultimately workable charisma.

Edge had the superior natural charisma and a terrific move set that included way more variation in the amount of moves he used depending on the situation. I'm an Edgecuck because he earned my respect as a wrestler and as an entertainer.
>>
>>1997934
Floyd Mayweather was the draw and he broke the record for boxing ppv a year or two before that mania. You can even see it in the poster, Mayweather and big show are in the centre and 10x bigger than anyone else
>>
>>1997941
>slightly better mic skills
Christian was one dimensional on the mic, he could only do heel comedy shit and couldn't flip the switch and be viewed as a serious heel like Edge.. None of Christians promos have real passion, like for example The Miz promo to DB on Talking Smack.
>>
>>1997953
18+

>Christian
>Better as heel

18+
>>
File: fuckboii.jpg (21KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
fuckboii.jpg
21KB, 328x277px
>>1997953
>>1997956
>Christian
>better
>In the same sentence
>not realizing Christian was only relevant because of Edge

I'm begging ya to get laid, fuckboii
>>
>>1997959
18+
>>
>>1997959
>Edge
>good
I'm begging you to stop drinking the WWE Kool-Aid, nigger.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.