[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So once again he pussied out and gave DIY vs The Revival only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: images (32).jpg (25KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (32).jpg
25KB, 470x313px
So once again he pussied out and gave DIY vs The Revival only ****1/2. Why is he such a gook loving fuck?
>>
>>1991711
He's a mark for NJPW.
>>
Dave Meltzer is a complete retard and his awful opinions are a cancer on WWE..
>>
>>1991720
>his awful opinions are a cancer on WWE..

By all means, please elaborate.
>>
>>1991711
He's a moron. Everyone knows this match was head and shoulders better than the one they had in Brooklyn. Should be ****3/4 at minimum.
>>
>>1991737
Im not the one who said this but this is kinda true. I love a good 5 star match but not everything in wrestling can be judged on workrate and match quality. What WWE lacks in ring it often makes up for in bigger moments and character work.
>>
That was a five star tag match if I've ever seen one. The most well worked tag match between two actual tag teams since the 80s. Like, I get giving Misawa, Kobashi vs Holy Demon Army 5 stars because of the psychology of that match but it's not two complete tag team wrestlers with insane chemistry going at it.

This 2/3 falls match puts anything the bucks have done to shame, yet he's given them 5 star matches.
>>
>>1991737
a mainstream audience doesnt care about workrate if youre boring as shit i mean i like it but there is a reasons ratings are down
>>
I genuinely dunno what else they could've done. The technical stuff, the psychology, the story, the high spots, the crowd, everything was top notch.

I agree with Meltzer most of the time. But man, I think he was wrong here. At least 4.75. At least.
>>
ya know, for all the shit talking EVERYONE does on Meltzer, you sure seem to care a lot about his opinion.
>>
i couldnt tell them apart so its a 3 star match at best
>>
>>1991849
>the CAWvival

>CAWIY
>>
>>1991794
>WWE
>character work

>>1991801
How is Meltzer at fault here, you simpleton?

>>1991849
See your optometrist.
>>
>>1991869
Your mother won't service me after last time when I gave her a pink sock.
>>
>>1991794

>What WWE lacks in ring it often makes up for in bigger moments and character work.

Once upon a time maybe. Nowadays most of the "Big Moments" are some cookiepuss crap, or occur in a match no one cared about to start with because the writing and booking is so ass.

And characterization has utterly died. Most of the faces are the same generic douche. Most of the heels are the same generic whiner. All coming out and giving speeches about how they'll entertain the fuck out of you at the PPV, instead of, you know, keeping kayfabe in order to aid the audience's suspension of disbelief and talking about how they're going to win fights and kick ass and take names and all that other shit that got guys like Stone Cold over.

WWE fucking blows. They have arguably the most talented roster in the history of pro wrestling, and don't have a single fucking clue how to get ANY of them over or tell a compelling story with any of it.

And it's all because of their many, many, MANY inane conceits. They have to charity whore ALL THE GODDAMN TIME, including parading all the heels out in support of whatever bullshit thinly-veiled marketing campaign they're whoring for. Constant bullshit speak like "WWE Universe" instead of "fans" and not being able to say words like "war" or and similar bullshit, it all leads to completely unbelievable characters reading dialogue that no actual human would ever speak. And literally everything Kevin Dunn has ever suggested.

Stop watching this shit. You can't possibly like it. Either watch better wrestling products (literally any televised product) or just stop watching wrestling.
>>
>>1991874
Wake up and seek sex with someone your age in real life
>>
I fucking hate the retarded hype adventure that every match of the night gets as people go "Oh god, surely Meltzer has to give this one 5 stars, right?". This same stupid shit happened with AJ Styles VS John Cena at Summerslam.

You faggots, the stars are irrelevant, if you liked it, then you liked it. Fuck.

And I wouldn't have given it 5 stars either. Then again, I don't agree with a few of Meltzer's 5 stars, and there were 4.50's and 4.75's he gave that I'd give 5. It's all a matter of preference, dawg.
>>
>>1991876
>this pathetiq level of can't-bants

Hope your mother hasn't kissed you recently.
>>
>>1991904
Stop dreaming
Wake up
Have sex with someone under 70 years old
>>
>>1991901
Styles/Cena fucking sucked though. AJ kicking out of a super AA does not make a five star match.
>>
>>1991907
All the "epics" from Big Match John are exactly the fucking same.

I'd say I'm baffled by all the people claiming they're 5-stars but then I remember who these people are.

>>1991906
>Stop dreaming

Pajeet pls.
>>
>>1991901

He gave Taker v Michaels at that Mania 5 stars, even though Taker nearly killed himself with a botch. 5 star matches can't have botches, as a 5 star match is, by definition, PERFECT.

Which is the same reason no one gave the Cena v Brock v Rollins match at the Rum Bowl 5 stars.
>>
ITT: People who need to slit their throats.
>>
>>1992014
THIS

this shit is why i hate this midget ninja no jutsa wrestling era
>>
>>1992014
You first.

>>1992015
So quit watching?
>>
>>1991907
>>1991915
Cena is jut doi ng what your wapanese indie darlings do all the time

Finishers spam and kickouts, it's what you wanted right?
>>
>>1991711
Good. It was a 4.5 star match.
I love the Revival but it wasn't 5, nigga what the fuck.
>>
File: meltzertorontoss.png (23KB, 630x432px) Image search: [Google]
meltzertorontoss.png
23KB, 630x432px
Here are his ratings for both events, by the way.
For once, I actually enjoyed the WWE PPV counterpart to the Takeover. I think he was far too generous with the Toronto card outside of the Revival match.
First two matches legit bored me.
>>
>>1992124
Why is the survivor series match so low
>>
>>1992130
Because it was an overbooked mess?

DIY win was rated fairly
>>
>>1991907
Fucking this. It was one of Cena's weaker big matches in a long time, AJ's too.
>>
>>1992124
>the men's elimination match rated the same as the Revival match

I know these are Meltzer's subjective opinions but holy shit he just makes the numbers up randomly. Even hearing him talk about both matches it was clear he vastly prefered the Revival match, he had nothing but praise for it, unlike the men's survivor series match.
>>
>>1992173
He factors in crowd reaction too as well as others input these days
>>
>>1992176
All those things would point towards the Revival match getting a better score. He even added a note to say it WAS better.

Honestly, the Survivor Series match was a 4.
>>
>>1992124
>Bobby Roode and Tye getting a borderline 4 for a completely standard match
>Nakamura and Joe 4.25 for a surprisingly disappointing match given their caliber
>Asuka and Mickie breaking past 3

This nigga is on that NXT-juice
>>
>>1992223
Nakamura vs Joe was miles ahead of their first match but a 4 would've been more then enough
>>
>>1991875
> giving speeches about how they'll entertain the fuck out of you at the PPV, instead of, you know, keeping kayfabe in order to aid the audience's suspension of disbelief

>bullshit speak
>charity whoring

Thank you.
>>
>>1991838
Do you people seriously get upset about 0.25 stars?
>>
>>1992117
Considering that people were shitting on Davey Richards for doing this 5 years ago, what do you think?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.