[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Went from wrestling 5 star matches in the Tokyo Dome to jobbing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>Went from wrestling 5 star matches in the Tokyo Dome to jobbing to a geek like James Ellsworth

What the fuck went wrong?
>>
Cuckdown happened
>>
We need to meme Ellsworth to main event Wrestlemania against Brock
>>
>>1989415
Stay mad smark
>>
Now it's beginning to be obvious that they don't have enough guys who can feud with him.
>>
>>1989415
It'll be all over soon when Cena takes the belt off him at the Rumble
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 960x1280px
WARLD WRASLIN FADERATION happened and you watch it no matter what they fuck they do with any of their talent you fucking cucks. Vince could fire him and everyone else and replace them with the substitute teams for the NFL with a month of training and you would still watch it and make threads about why you don't know why you watch it because they keep mishandling their talent and promoting trash and you keep watching it.
>>
>>1989415
It's AJ's fault for being so talented
Nobody else on the roster could pull off what AJ's done

You saw Ellsworth take the Styles Clash and almost break his neck, but AJ saved him
>>
>>1989457
what's depicted in this jpg?
>>
>>1989444
AJ should really turn face again.
>>
Loosen up you cuck
>>
>>1989415
Yet he's still doing better than the "champion of the universe" who happens to be the sidekick of a 46 year old with a clipboard
>>
File: Stamford.Wives..jpg (25KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
Stamford.Wives..jpg
25KB, 190x265px
>>1989457
This. Stamford Wives will never learn.
>>
>>1989415
They really need more guys for smack
>>
>>1989415
At least it's entertaining, I guess.

Still hoping this shit ends after TLC with Ambrose going on to feud with James, and AJ getting a decent chance to actually defend his title against a credible wrestler for once.
>>
>>1989542

Face AJ vs Wyatt Orton (backed by Bray and Luke) would be great. I hope that's the direction.
>>
>>1989415
It's a fun little angle, and his ring-work hasn't stepped down at all.
Be happy for the nigga, he's clearly loving it.

>>1989457
>>1989516
seething
>>
Can't really help it with the state of WWE, they can't book to save their lives and lack the star power so whatever they stumble upon something that gets a reaction, they'll force it down the audience's throats until they get fed up. It's been a fun angle and all, but I bet at some point the chinlet will come out to crickets or boos and the bookers still try something desperate with him. Luckily AJ is so good that this probably won't hurt him in the long run
>>
Honestly this shows how good of a guy AJ is for putting a jobber over. I'm sure he could have rejected this storyline at any time and creative would have complied.
>>
>>1989415
>A fun match which added more to a fued leading up to a title match at TLC

This is how wrestling used to be booked when it was fun. If you want your lame ass tournaments, Bland Cruiserweight matches and shitty Japan kicks go fuck off to NXT
>>
>>1989546
AJetty is dropping the strap to based Taker after TLC
>>
>Jobbing
>Buried

Remember when people knew what these terms actually meant? Protip: It's not constantly dominating and then losing matches on technicality requiring constant bullshit involving two people and never losing clean despite being a heel champion.
>>
>>1989632
>Being 0-3 against a no-name jobber
>Constantly made to look like a retard by Ambrose
Sounds pretty buried to me m8.
>>
>>1989635
>still champion
>still gets insane pops like a motherfucker
>sells merch
Yeah totally buried.
>>
>>1989568
Okay, I will. Watch the ratings continue to plummet.
>>
>>1989546
>Face AJ
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>1989635
>NEVER
>LOSES
>CLEAN

Holy shit you're retarded. Or a child. He's booked absurdly strong for a heel champ. If it was Owens or the Miz they'd only ever win by cheating and their losses would come when despite all their cheating the face overcomes them anyway by being just that much stronger. AJ has literally only ever lost by shit like the special referee literally refusing to allow him to win and then hitting him with his finisher, one of the most protected finishers in the company, TWICE. Even when he fucking cheats they specify that it's especially ridiculous that he's cheating because everyone knows he could have won without cheating. He's put over in the matches and the promos and the commentary.

You have literally no idea what jobbing or burying is. Go watch more wrestling. Preferably from a few years before you were born. So early Ruthless Aggression and late Attitude.
>>
File: 1477543002510.gif (2MB, 185x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477543002510.gif
2MB, 185x200px
>Went from 5 star matches to hefty paycheck and closer to his family.

What the fuck went right?
>>
File: IMG_0773.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0773.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>1989435
Make it with Goldberg in a triple-threat elimination where Ellsworth eliminates both
>>
Besides Cena, Jericho and Orton (when he decides to care) I can't think of another active wrestler that doesn't need to get carried by AJ, really. I think Wyatt could pull it off though, but I don't like his muh family *eater of worlds* gimmick, too retarded.

You could attempt a Miz / Ziggler thing, but the IC also needs people, hopefully Shane will dump the whole divas division in RAW and get more actual talent in smackdown.
>>
File: IMG_20160829_085703.jpg (344KB, 1840x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160829_085703.jpg
344KB, 1840x2048px
Njpw is the wrestling company, wwe is the variety show company.
>>
Getting really tired of Ellsworth and Deanetty's shit.
>>
>Ambrose gets no punishment for his Survivor Series antics
>continues to interfere in AJ matches
>Ellsworth's victories getting cleaner and cleaner
>the WWE Champion is 0-3 against the most pathetic looking jobber in WWE history
>making your champ look like a chump to put over a flavor of the month shitter

The fucking state of Little Scripts Ward
>>
>>1989793
>All this SEETHING
Let it out, cuck. AJetty is done. Take the title off that jobber now.
>>
>Heel champion getting humiliated week after week

What's the big deal?

You guys are getting worked.
>>
>>1989805
This. AJ already hit all his career goals, now he's just milking Vince McMoneymark for a comfy retirement fund.
>>
>>1989923
I really don't know what the dealis, but it really makes me angry when AJ loses.
>>
>>1989811
With the help of Ambrose?
>>
>>1989933
kys fatass smark
>>
>>1989470
>Nobody else on the roster could pull off what AJ's done
Botch and break necks?
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
Ive warmed up to AJ, at first not so much, but he's got obvious talent, has put people over without losing any rep, and he's a tweener actually likable even with the heel antics.

Wwe has struck gold with AJ, maybe he got here at the perfect time and I was wrong, or there was a huge missed opportunity and they should have tried to get him years ago.
>>
>>1989582
And why is that
>>
>>1989415
> pachinko hall dome
Lol who cares

At least he is finally relevant now
>>
>>1989923
No Heel Champion got this bad of treatment, when was the last time we saw a jobber beat a heel champion besides AJ? When was the last time we saw AJ look strong?

Rhetorical Questions; The Answers: 1. Never, 2. Two weeks ago on Smackdown beginning of the night.

To make matters worse, you now have TWO Number 1 contenders for the WWE Championship, all of which made AJ (the champ), look like a chump consistently for three weeks. Because god forbid a heel get the upper hand these days.
>>
>>1990501
>or there was a huge missed opportunity and they should have tried to get him years ago.
They've tried to get him multiple times but he refused each offer, until now.
>>
>>1990550
I think after he left TNA, WWE gave him a laughably low offer and he told them to fuck off and went to Japan.

He became a big star in Japan and suddenly Vince and Hunter are thirsty as fuck for him.
>>
>Because god forbid a heel get the upper hand these days.

Who are Owens, Miz, Kendrick, Braun and Bray/Orton?
>>
>>1990511
>twice the size of any building WWE ran this year outside WrestleMania
>>
>Appeal to smarks
>Get low ratings
Gee, I wonder how that happened. Really makes you think.
>>
>>1991871
>jobbing out Styles
>"appeal to smarks"

Remember when WWE was "appealing to smarks" in 2001-2003 and lost half the audience?

Oh wait...
>>
>>1991877
>Keeping the belt on a "muh workrate" manlet
>Not appealing to smarks
>>
>>1991896
>literally the most charismatic full-timer in WWE
>"muh workrate"

State of anti-smarklet cuccs.
>>
>>1991902
>AJetty
>Charismatic
Lmao good one, anon. He's so charismatic that audiences flock away from him.
>>
>>1991902
>Charismatic
>Has to steal catch phrases cause hes so boring
>>
>>1991908
>>1991909
>baby Cena marks triggered by Styles being more over than him in his WWE rookie year
>>
>>1991913
>Doesn't draw a dime
>Over
>>
>>1991916
>sold out merch, including fucking GLOVES, before even appearing on RAW

Finished embarrassing yourself?
>>
File: JUST_1.jpg (185KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
JUST_1.jpg
185KB, 1024x768px
>>1991921
>made 50 gloves
>Wow they sold out

Sad that the only thing you can mention to defend your manlet is undocumented merch since ticket sales are way down, attendance is way down even with papering, and ratings are down

>1/2 empty smackdown shows
>3/4 empty smackdown house shows
>but he sold 20 gloves

You also have no proof of that other than wweshop.com running out of 5xl sizes do you. How many shirts did he sell?
>>
Just jumped in here, just wanna say AJ is fine. He made Roman look like a bajillion bucks, his status is safe.

>>1991925
>50
>20

Also, you wanna talk about undocumented, it goes both ways bro.
>>
>>1991925
Post your source.

>undocumented merch sales

lol even you don't believe your own argument.

>attendance + ratings way down

They've been in noticeable decline ever since Romannetty won the Royal Rumble so, if you're looking for somebody to blame for the current nadir...
>>
>>1991948
>Roman is on smackdown and does smackdown house shows
>>
>>1991952
Re-read it over and try again.
>>
>>1991962
Re-wire your brain and try life again

>Roman is responsible for smackdown shows being empty

In the last two years, there was six times where WWE drew less than 2,000 for a US House Show
That's already happened six times in 2016 alone!
6/5/16 Lawton, OK (WWE - 1,500): main event: Dean Ambrose b Kevin Owens
7/16/16 Bangor, ME (WWE - 1,700): main event: Four way for U.S. title: Rusev won over Kalisto, Sami Zayn and Cesaro
7/17/16 Glens Falls, NY (WWE - 1,800): main event: Three-way for WWE title: Dean Ambrose won over Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens
8/26/16 Abilene (WWE - 1,800): main event: Three-way for WWE title: Dean Ambrose won over A.J. Styles and Bray Wyatt
10/3/16 Palm Springs, CA (WWE - 1,000): main event: Three-way for WWE title: A.J. Styles won over Dean Ambrose and John Cena
10/10/16 Reno, NV (WWE - 1,500): IC title: main event: Three-way for WWE title: A.J. Styles won over John Cena and Dean Ambrose
>>
>>1991966
>still not getting it

Maybe call your adult and ask them to read it to you.
>>
>>1990477
He never botches the clash, if the clash is botched, it's because however is taking it is literally retarded.
>>
>>1989725
If i personaly enjoy product,why the fuck would i care about ratings? Like it matter if ratings are up or down,show must go on.
>>
>Went from wrestling 5 star matches in the Tokyo Dome to jobbing to a geek like James Ellsworth

>38 years old
>Live in USA with his family
>Family of 4 kids
>Less bumps than in Japan
>Get paid handsomely
>Sell lots of merchandise
>Be on weekly TV since your debut
>MOTY with Big Match John and Roman Reigns

AJ Styles is doing fine. You are just a smarkuck
>>
>>1990524
But that's how it is supposed to be. He is heel. He should be getting his comeuppance.

And it's really fun to watch. Even in comedy angles, he is angry at DBry, at Ellsworth, at Dean. He is pissed to be involved in all of this. He wants to be called the
>>
>>1991966
>Blaming this on AJ
>Ambrose in every one but one
>>
>Heel Champion
>Calls himself as face that runs the place
>Can't win matches cleanly
>Gets his comeuppance by babyfaces constantly
>Whines like a heel to GM
>No friends to tag along with

AJ Styles is booked like a classic heel to me. You shouldn't cheer for him in the first place.
>>
>>1992191

This. It's fucking Smackdown, if he is losing cleanly to Ellsworth at a PPV then you have something to complain about. They have to extend the Ellsworth-Dean-AJ storyline because WWE has done a pisspoor job of building stars on both brands.
>>
File: shpJIXY.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
shpJIXY.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>1989563
>>1989415
>whatever they stumble upon something that gets a reaction, they'll force it down the audience's throats until they get fed up.
I hate when they do that shit, it's the sad state of modern WWE. Also having to hire old talent to get reactions.
>remember when WWE was cool?
>>
>>1992269

Did Styles give this anon the clash or what
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.