[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Jackhammer the most protected move in wrestling? I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1011x764px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1011x764px
Is the Jackhammer the most protected move in wrestling? I can't recall anyone ever kicking out of it.

Also, has Goldberg ever lost clean?
>>
He has never lost clean
>>
>>1982156

Didn't Ryberg do the move once and his opponent kicked out? That might not count because it was Ryback
>>
>>1982156
Bayley has :^)
>>
>>1982156
Bailey belly bullshit is. The most dumbest, unrealistic move is the most protected.
>>
>>1982245
that's so fucking retarded on so many fucking lovers, only on """""woman""""" """"wrestling"""" some shit like that could happen.
>>
>>1982156
Bad example. Matches weren't well known for having kick out finishers. This is more a modern day issue with wrestling to get "this is awesome" chants instead of just booking matches well
>>
>>1982245
Asuka has kicked out of Bayley's finisher
>>
>>1982515
This is true.

I'm honestly tired of the fucking finisher spams we see today in WWE
>>
>>1983129
it was a shoot
>>
>>1982156
rainmaker
red arrow
>>
Fall Brawl 2000 Steiner vs Goldberg
>>
>>1983159
Did you watch that match with your eyes closed
>>
>>1983161
Steiner needed a mask for his face injury and still gave Goldberg his worst defeat of his career
>>
>>1983174
>clean
>>
>>1983174
Still not clean.
>>
>>1983178
>>1983179
It was a no dq stipulation, Steiner just worked with the rules (or lack thereof)
>>
>>1983150
Based Asuka working the neckbearded Bayley smarks
>>
The vanilla Jackhammer may have been kicked out of, but nobody has ever kicked out of the Spear+Jackhammer combo.

>>1983135
WWE can't book a false finish for shit anymore.
>>
Nobody has ever kicked out of Goldberg's jackhammer.

And I hope nobody ever does.
>>
File: gYXuCOF.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
gYXuCOF.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>yfw it was a joshi who created the Jackhammer
>>
>>1984797
Jackie Sato right?
>>
>>1985182
Jaguar Yokota
>>
Booker beat heel Goldberg clean on Nitro in 2000.
>>
>>1982156
>Is the Jackhammer the most protected move in wrestling?

What about Burning Hammer?
>>
>>1985880
That's not even a wwe move.
>>
>>1984409
>WWE can't book a false finish for shit anymore.

Because basically every match ends with a finisher. Honestly I think some matches should end with "signature moves" that some wrestlers have, so the finisher only is used for some tougher shit and can actually put someone out at once, not after 3 tries.
>>
>>1985887
OP said wrestling move, not WWE move.
>>
>>1985890
Yeah whatever loser.
>>
>>1985893
seek sunlight
>>
>>1983129
Lots of people have kicked out of the normal Bayley 2 Belly. The Super Bayley 2 Belly is most protected.
>>
Hogan kicked out from the Jackhammer in a tag match.

>>1982245
>>1982264
Magnum T.A. used it as his finish. 18+
>>
>>1984797
Are joshis responsible for creating every stronk pro wrestling finishers ever?
>>
File: aj5-1.gif (2MB, 360x300px) Image search: [Google]
aj5-1.gif
2MB, 360x300px
>>1986215
Probably. Burning Hammer, Vertebreaker, Northern Lights Bomb, Death Valley Driver; all joshi creations. I'm also pretty sure Lioness Asuka created the Ganso Bomb in gif related.
>>
File: ezgif.com-0d48b6349e.gif (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif.com-0d48b6349e.gif
4MB, 480x360px
And here's another brutal fucking move I'm also pretty sure Jaguar Yokota created.
>>
>>1986254
>"Diva's Revolution" can never recreate the glorious eras that Yokota, Crash Gals and Class of 1987 were
>>
>>1986265
To be fair, most of the best male wrestlers on the planet can't, either.
>>
>>1986265
If Vince would let them drop each other on their heads I'm sure that would help a bit.
>>
>>1982156
Rough Ryder
>>
>>1982156
I think Hogan kicked out?

Anyways, yeah, it's the move with the highest power level when coupled with the Spear
>>
It's not so much a protected move in that even high tier wrestlers haven't kicked out of it.

Brock, even in his prime, went down to one Jackhammer. Rock. Austin. Nash. Big Show. Steiner. Sting. It goes on.

A protected move would be a low tier wrestler putting away high tier wrestlers, ie, Mick Foleys pull up piledriver or Mandable Claw
>>
The Jackhammer isn't protected, Goldberg is
>>
>>1985888
I agree. Doesn't njpw still have matches end by just strong moves sometimes? The way it is now in wwe makes near falls not believable just because we know they didn't use a finisher so they compensate for that by kicking out of finishers. It's another example of why they should treat it like a sporting event
>>
>>1986238
Nah
Thats a very oldschool move called a backslider or something like that, rick rude did one on warrior one time but i know it was around way before that
>>
>>1986904
It's not just New Japan, but puroresu in general never really relied on the ONE FINISHER TO FINISH THEM ALL rule. Plenty of wrestlers either had multiple finishers or matches would end because the wrestlers just had a war and it was believable that any move at any moment could finish the match.
>>
>>1982156
Nah it's still Kenta Kobashi's Burning Hammer.
>>
>>1988868
Except for the fact that Tyler Rex ruined it in the 'E.

No one gets up from a Jackhammer. No one alive anyway, it'd probably be a 2 count on Warrior.
>>
>>1986238
>Northern Lights Bomb

This needs to be used more often.
>>
>>1988879
Kenta once said if he isn't the one doing the move then the move isn't a real burning hammer.
Kenta Kobashi's Burning Hammer is the spirit bomb of wrestling.
>>
>>1985880
>most protected move in wrestling
That gook Ibushi received a burning hammer from Kendrick and still kicked out.
>>
>>1988879
That's why I said Kenta Kobashi's, not Tyler Reks' Burning Hammer. And even if we count overall, Mr Ass weakened the Jackhammer far more than Reks or Kendrick weakened the Burning Hammer.
>>
>>1988908
I don't think I've ever seen Gunn use it. Maybe once, and they never called it a jackhammer.
>>
>>1989601
He sometimes used the Jackhammer during longer matches.
>>
>>1990478
>>1988908
He used a suplex powerslam and pretty sure never called it the jackhammer

Kinda like someone using a bridging fishermans suplex, it isnt a perfectplex because it wasnt done by mr p
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.