[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conor wants a piece of the $4.2 billion UFC; demands 100 million

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: conor-mcgregor.jpg (198KB, 650x470px) Image search: [Google]
conor-mcgregor.jpg
198KB, 650x470px
Of course, as only "Notorious" can, Conor asked for a piece of the UFC after becoming the first fighter to hold multiple titles at the same time in the promotion.

> "They've got to come talk to me now because no one's came and talked to me since the sale has happened as a businessman," McGregor said.

>"I've been approached as, 'Hello' and that type of stuff, but I've earned something. Who owns the company now? People have shares. Celebrities. Conan O'Brien owns the UFC now. Where's my share? Where's my equity? If I'm the one that's bringing this, they've got to come talk to me now. I've got both belts, family on the way. If you want me to stick around, if you want me to keep doing (this), let's talk. But I want the ownership now. I want the equal share. I want what I deserve, what I've earned."

The 28-year-old has set new UFC benchmarks in his past few fights, including breaking the live gate for Madison Square Garden Saturday. He believes his contract should reflect his worth.

>"I feel I've outworn the previous contract," McGregor said.

> "Now it's time for the real. I know I'm the highest paid already, but when I'm looking at what they're taking in, that list that (former UFC CEO) Lorenzo (Fertitta) compiled to show the new owners, that's like the gospel right there. That's proof of what I bring. You want me to come around, stick around and service that debt and continue to push, bring me on board for real. Not just as this. I need to be set for life for this. If you want me to be truly in on this then I need to be all-in on this, proper. That's a stake in the company."

- The numbers came back for UFC 205 and they were historic, as the event generated a live gate of $17.7 million. That set both a new UFC record and broke the mark for any event at Madison Square Garden. This was the first time since New York legalized MMA that the UFC held an event at the historic venue.
>>
- UFC featherweight and lightweight champion Conor McGregor had a simple message for Floyd Mayweather. McGregor, still enjoying his post-UFC 205 win in New York City, talked with TMZ Sports about comments made by the retired boxing great, who said that McGregor was an "ant" piggybacking off his name.

> "Say it to my face," McGregor shouted, when asked about Mayweather's trash talking.

McGregor today told TMZ Sports that he would be willing to fight Mayweather for the right price - $100 million.

> "Much respect to Floyd. He's a solid businessman on what he's been able to do ... he's a f**king animal at what he's been able to do. But as far as real fighting ... as far as true pure unarmed combat ... Floyd don't want none of this," McGregor said. "He wants a boxing match, he doesn't want a fight. I want a $100 million cash to fight him under boxing rules ... he's afraid of a real fight."

McGregor and Mayweather have hit the mainstream since UFC 205, as even FOX Sports 1 sports shows are discussing a potential bout. McGregor, of course, has to decide if he wants one or both belts, and who he will defend against first.
>>
Strip him and force him to retire. Take the initial loss to enforce the basic integrity of the sport. Fuck McGoober, and fuck these cucks he destroys, Eddie and Aldo, you motherfuckers are supposed to take him out, not make him look like a world beater. If he's such a clown and easy match up then PROVE IT when you have the chance!
>>
Kek Mayweather would embarrass him in a boxing match
>>
>>1969756
Eddie and Aldo both took dives and the UFC is a bigger work than anything that's ever happened in the WWE
>>
>>1969761

This.

It'd be like Hatton all over again. Even Pacman couldn't beat Mayweather, what makes Tryhard Mcgregor thing he can?
>>
>>1969761
yeah but he'd also have 100 million so losing doesn't even matter at that point
>>
>>1969761
Mayweather will fucking beat that hobbit back to the Shire.
>>
>>1969810
hi phil!
>>
>>1969761
>>1969812
>Mayweather "beating" anybody

Literally running out the clock isn't giving a "beating".
>>
Conor has KO'ed multiple people over the course of his career. How many boxers has Mayweather KO'ed? Fucking none. That guy's a pussy. Utterly overrated.
>>
>>1969844
>undefeated
>Overrated

This board never ceases to amaze me with its stupidity.
>>
>>1969852
Hi Floyd!
>>
>>1969799

That faggot dodge pacman until he was too old.

He didn't want any of prime pacman
>>
>>1969844
But Mayweather's won more than half his fights by KO.
>>
>>1969899

True, that fight was fucking bullshit. Pacquiao always was and will be the better fighter, Mayweather is just a better boxer.

>>1969904

Shhh, don't ruin their delusion
>>
I want Mayweather to whip this fucking meme potato.
>>
>>1970012
What does that mean?
>>
>>1970036

Boxing is a sport, it's about leveraging the rules. Mayweather does that perfectly with his defence game while totting up points. Pacquiao is a much better fighter; more heart, more aggression, heavier hitter. Mayweather just played the game better.
>>
>>1970048
That only makes him a better strategist, not a better boxer.
>>
Mcgregor originally was trained as a boxer, so not only is he mentally prepared, he has the killer instincts and the stamina/strength to murder Mayweather.
>>
I don't think Mcgregor stand a chance if they are boxing, Floyd is a big pussy when it comes to fighting no doubt, but he knows to box like no one else does, he plays it smart, safe.
>>
>>1969761
That's why he's asking for 100 million. He knows he can't box with Mayweather
>>
>>1969852
Floyd Mayweather is like crash holly when he had the hardcore belt.
Always running away.
Inside and out of the ring.
>>
Mayweather is the old man now, it's possible he's rusty and his skills have diminished.
>>
>>1970073

It's one and the same.

Strategy plays a big part in boxing and knowing how to win matches by scoring points and denying your opponent is the key. Boxing is not always about the KO, especially at lighter weights.
>>
GOAT
>>
>>1970073
Boxing is a sport you bloodthirsty barbarian
>>
>>1970448
> I like hugging boxing matches.
>>
>>1969761
Common sense tells people this. Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers of all time, and next to prime Ali, the best defensive boxer ever. McGregor wouldn't even land a single shot on him in a boxing match. McGregor knows this, that is why he wants 100 million to box him. He knows no one will pay him that much no matter how much the fight may draw.
>>
File: HHH_0.png (51KB, 581x464px) Image search: [Google]
HHH_0.png
51KB, 581x464px
Conner who?
>>
>>1969761
>embarass

t. boxing cuck

Mayweather will win via decision. How is that embarassing?
>>
>>1970657
However many rounds of not being able to hit a guy is pretty embarassing
>>
>>1969797
Eddie did not take a dive. He just got his ass kicked. Don't be delusional. I was hoping Eddie would win too. It was just embarrassing to see him get rocked. He doesn't deserve a rematch.
>>
>>1969731
Conor this generations Ultimate Warrior?
>>
>>1969797

>virgin bed-wetting fake wrasslin' lover detected
>>
>>1970637
>reigns vs hhh
wew
If Tyson was active with a worthy opponent today he would be #1 desu
>>
>>1970454
>i like hugging on the ground ufc matches
>>
Reminder that MMA is for people who couldn't even hack it in amateur boxing like Conor
>>
>>1969761
More like dodge and run around the ring for the whole snore of a match.
>>
>>1970872
>professional fighter not being able to land a punch wouldnt be embarrassing
>>
>>1969731
so now he thinks he's Mayweather?

christ i hope he gets brain-damaged soon
>>
>>1970875
Can't argue with you there.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.