[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think im done with WWE. I started watching in 2004 and stopped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: StopThePain.jpg (31KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
StopThePain.jpg
31KB, 480x300px
I think im done with WWE. I started watching in 2004 and stopped around 2008 then started again in 2011 but im done for good now.

The shows are all just so bland, boring and repetitive its becoming a chore to keep up with it. Matter of fact i haven't watched Raw/Smackdown in past month and i feel much happier. The wrestlers all look, talk and act the same, literally no one whos debuted within the past decade is a draw. They constantly have to bring back old wrestlers for nostalgia runs to get any interest in their product, WWE is a sinking ship. Sad to say this but I think Vince has completely lost his creative passion hes once had for sports entertainment.

Any other anons here not happy with current state of WWE and thinking about not watching anymore?
>>
>>1961992
I kind of stopped this summer, before Summerslam. It's all so shallow. There is just nothing to enjoy. You won't regret quitting, trust me.
>>
>>1961992
Welcome home, son. It is dead now. If you haven't already, go back and enjoy the Golden Era stuff. It's as good as Attitude era, and the matches are better.
>>
Haven't watched since Summerslam, pretty good feeling desu

Was going to watch Survivor Series but seeing Shane McMahon wrestling in a non hardcore match and Goldberg falling on his ass killed any anticipation
>>
>>1961992

I watched Smack!Down tonight, only because I was sitting near a TV and actually remembered it was on for once.

Wasn't a BAD show, but there was a vast wasteland of boredom between the very good (by free TV standards anyway) opening match and the pretty good final segment (that wasn't a wrestling segment).

They just didn't have enough shit to fill the goddamn show this week. So Carmella vs Nikki had to go what felt like 20 minutes through a commercial break just to end when Team RAW: Revenge of the Ovaries ran in.

Though that at least led to the fucking hilarious highlight of Nia Jax plowing her fat ass through a barricade at a full speed waddle.

But you're right. Creative fucking blows and as a result, every goddamn wrestler seems to be the same interchangeable, unexciting, schmuck. Guys like Bray SHOULD be compelling, or at least fearsome. But no, this company fucking blows.

Here is a non-inclusive list of WWE wrestlers who were more over, interesting, and/or compelling elsewhere:
Christian (as a singles competitor anyway) in TNA
Alberto Del Rio/El Patron in LU
John Morrison/Johnny Mundo in LU
Cody Rhodes in TNA
Gallows and Anderson in Japan, Gallows again in TNA until the Aces&8s went to utter shit.
Samoa Joe in TNA (before they ruined him, there's a pattern there) and ROH

And I'm sure lots more. This company gets the least out of the most talent that I have ever seen. The only reasons they haven't gone the way of WCW and TNA is lasting name recognition to attract marks, and infinitely better money management by the people running the company.

Vince is a fucking idiot with regards to wrestling, and always has been, but he's a sharp businessman.
>>
>>1961992
I stopped watching around 2001/2002
Didn't have the channels but kept tabs on it around 05/06
Started watching again in 2014, saw that RAW still sucked, only watched PPVs, stopped bothering with those in 2015 and just read results and stopped bothering with any WWE altogether after last year's Survivor Series. It's worthless, it doesn't deserve a single minute of anyone's time. There's way too much good wrestling I could be watching instead
>>
I stopped watching weekly in mid-2015. Post-WMXXX WWE is the worst promotion in history.
>>
>>1962207

Adding to that list:
Cesaro literally everywhere else he has ever been
Rhyno in ECW
Ivalisse literally everywhere else she has ever been
Catrina (formerly Maxine) in LU
>>
Smackdown is ehh and their ppvs are normally not that insulting. NXT takeovers are always pretty solid as they have a solid roster with solid match ups given solid time in front of a great crowd.

Outside of that, watch certain people on the indys (promotion loyalty on the indys is retarded), CMLL and japanese stuff like BJW, AJPW, DG, DDT have all been phenomenal. NJPW's big shows never disappoint (as long as you aren't a junior or tag wrestling fan) and a few gems from best match Ishii, traitor Shibata, based LIDJ and big match tana can be found on the other shows.

Basically, you have an internet connection, there's a million alternatives out there and one of them appeals to your niche. Just find what you want to watch m8.

>inb4 hatposting
>inb4 outraw wrestling
>inb4 outlaw wrestling
>>
>>1962211
*post Royal Rumble 2008 is the worst promotion in history
>>
>>1962211
WMXXX was the worst. manlets like DBry can't be champions
>>
File: NJPW-logo.jpg (87KB, 615x300px) Image search: [Google]
NJPW-logo.jpg
87KB, 615x300px
'Sup.
>>
>>1962218
>neither of the current top 2 champs in WWE are even close to 6'

Stay BTFO anti-smarklet cucc
>>
>>1962219
The bar for match quality is set much higher but their booking suffers just as much in places. BJW, DG or DDT are better options as far as 2016 goes imo
>>
>>1962234
Gedo is a pretty shit booker, but their roster is literally once in a fucking century good. Most of their upper card could be credible aces in almost any company. Even a fair few of their midcard guys could be the ace of most other companies.
>>
>>1962239
Gedo watches WWE and thinks that is good booking
>>
>>1962244
Gedo mixes Memphis and traditional puro booking to various results. Most not that positive. His hot potatoing of titles onto LIDJ members is retarded. Hopefully now that he has one of the best juniors in the world that division wont be such a waste of space, but, then again he has had BUSHI and KUSHIDA for an extended period of time and it's been nothing but shitty booking so I don't know.

At least the wrestlers are legit once in a lifetime talents.
>>
>>1962207
The E does not know how to build characters or storylines anymore (especially on Raw). I don't think two feuds have intersected in the past year. It's just the canned: I'm good. You're bad. We fight now.

I legitimately can't remember why Owens and Rollins are feuding for the belt. He's a paper champion, he hasn't had a clean pinfall in months and he doesn't draw. No one cares.

The women's "revolution" is a huge flop. Thanks to Foley, the main event to one of their flagship PPV's deflated the entire stadium. It was full of botches and a stupid fucking stretcher spot that Foley probably booked himself. We still have arm-wrestling segments for God's sake.
>>
>>1962307
That stretcher spot wouldn't have been so shit without the stretcher. The crowd popped and got pretty hot for everything up until Sasha went through the table. Seriously it was a smart way to start that match, just brawling outside the cage then taking the fight back in would've been awesome. Just have Charlotte throw Sasha back into the ring then she can get up in about 15 seconds barely and give her ok to start the match then Charlotte could immediately continue the beat down while sasha sells and tries everything to get away from having her back further destroyed. Then don't fuck the table spots up and bam it's a great match with a hot crowd. I think their problem is shitty roadies putting matches and spots together with them or that they're marks for older stuff.

Then you have everything that the stretcher spot accomplished, but without it going on for 20 fucking minutes.

That aside, you're right, at least NJPW, despite their shitty storylines and booking, gives enough freedom that it's wrestlers develop in depth characters with motivations that make sense.
>>
I'm done watching Raw and Smack, I'll just stick to the PPV's Survivor Series is looking lit right now and TLC, Royal Rumble and Mania are all coming up as well.
>>
>>1962307

>The E does not know how to build characters or storylines anymore (especially on Raw). I don't think two feuds have intersected in the past year. It's just the canned: I'm good. You're bad. We fight now.

It's worse than that. It's not even "I'm better at wrestling than you let's fight to prove it," it's "I'm a better sports entertainer than you so let's have a choreographed entertainment battle to prove it!"

Fuck that. KO once cut a fucking promo where he declared he was going to have the best match at Mania. Not that he was going to WIN, that he was going to BEAT HIS OPPONENT. Fuck no. He was going to get the best Meltzer star rating.

This shit is cancer. It's like watching a group of high school drama club dweebs argue backstage about who gives a better reading of That Play's "To-morrow" soliloquy, all the while speaking in a very stilted manner, because they believe the world will end if they say certain words like "MacBeth" or "wrestling."
>>
>>1961992
feeling the same, you forgot to mention the """wymin wrestling""" trash
>>
>>1962307
>The E does not know how to build characters or storylines anymore (especially on Raw). I don't think two feuds have intersected in the past year. It's just the canned: I'm good. You're bad. We fight now.

They literally NEVER knew how to do this. They may have stumbled onto it once or twice, but they've never known how to tell a story, build or create characters or storylines.
>>
Undercarder's appearance last night pretty much confirmed Team SD is losing with AJ costing them the win.
>>
>>1962216
I don't know if that's what OP is looking for. I don't hate the indies, but going from WWE to indies is not always the right choice. Indies are usually more wrestling-centric and don't offer a lot of things that people often complain are lacking in WWE, like backstage segment, stories that go beyond the usual "good vs bad" and all that stuff that makes it feel like a TV show than a wrestling show. Plus, that grand spectacle feel that WWE has during Mania season is simply unbelievable, that's the only period i watch WWE religiously (unless they do something interesting, like this Goldberg vs Lesnar rematch). Again: no hate for the indies.
>>
>>1963415
There's plenty of wrestling orgs with stories like that. There's plenty of Japanese promotions that are very storyline dependent. Dragon Gate is pretty much just gang warfare but not edgy. DDT has heaps of unique and cool storylines.

CMLL have heaps of fantastic wrestling that revolve around stories. LU is literally a tv show based around wrestling and it's hype as fuck.
>>
>>1963457
In that case the only problem may be accessibility. WWE is on free tv every week and on ppv every month, but these (except LU) are, as far as i know, hard to find even on the internet on a regular basis.

Forgot about Lucha. It's cool as fuck, literally what wrestling should be in 2016.
>>
>>1961992
Welcome to the party.
I stopped watching 3 weeks ago, after being a fan for over 25 years. I have never quit wwe before, but I just need a fucking break. I may come back in a few months just to see what is going on.
>>
>>1961992
>Any other anons here not happy with current state of WWE and thinking about not watching anymore?
Every week you moron, why do you think we all post here? quit being a bitch.
>>
>>1961992
you ain't quittin shit. embrace the misery you fuckin wetback.
>>
File: IMG_0913.jpg (46KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0913.jpg
46KB, 851x315px
>>1961992
Stopped watching weekly after Hell in a Cell, still watching live PPVs and old Raws from the Attitude Era to SummerSlam 2014

The product was kinda watchable before Survivor Series last year, after Rollins got injured and lost the tittle, WWE became boring as shit! I remember that I fell asleep watching Survivor Series last year after the Brothers Of Destruction vs The Wyatts. I like The Big Dog but that main event was hideous, let alone WrestleMania this year, that easily went as the worst WrestleMania in the modern era, (after the WWEHD format introduction) so WWE had to lie about breaking some unreal record attendance.
>>
File: CERO MIEDO.gif (1023KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
CERO MIEDO.gif
1023KB, 500x281px
>>1961992
I watched in my youth and stopped altogether around 2003 or 2004 due to life getting busy. I mean there was a point where I was getting together weekly with friends to watch RAW during the Attitude Era and seeing the group you would not expect the mixture to be wrestling fans. However, I pretty much fucking hate where WWE is now. The wrestlers are mediocre, the acting is even worse, they piss off any talent that piques my interest, and it's hard to justify paying for the channel even for old matches and when you don't have cable I don't even casually run into the product anymore. Now alternative sports parties revolve around UFC which, as much as I love martial arts, is also pretty boring to me since it's mostly submission fests (but I do get why people like it). You don't have to be into MMA to understand why two people are trying to beat each other down for real. When there's nothing extreme or shocking going on in wrestling, it is painfully awkward trying to explain why your friends should watch fake fighting in their sparse free time.
>>
>>1963675
(Cont.)
That aside, my spouse and I (yes normie life blah blah I already have sex but could use some gym visits) have really gotten into LU. We both went the same trajectory with watching wrestling and LU is pretty much everything I could ask for. Production value, awareness of the camp/ridiculous aspect of fake fighting, interesting characters, decent acting, and only one hour that I have to catch to be on top of what's happening. It's like comic book cirque de soleil and I unabashedly love it. It's fun, it's different, it's less racist, and I really want to go to a taping. The athleticism (flippy shit) is fucking rad and almost every episode we find ourselves marking out with mouths hanging open. Lastly, the women wrestlers (who I do want to see, YMMV) aren't twigs that can't even pull off their move set. I get that women can be limited by strength but FFS who on the WWE roster with a vagina even looks like they could street fight? Charlotte? Nia?

Anyways OP, try Lucha Underground, it could surprise you.
>>
>>1963532
CMLL uploads full shows to their youtube every week
For Japan:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B5rK95X3mRiiSDNvTnQ0aUhWODg?usp=drive_web
Everything that airs on Samurai TV or GAORA is uploaded here
>>
>>1963350
>'Taker beats Styles for the title at the Rumble
>Cena beats 'Taker for it at WM

You know it's happening.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.