[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when did you start watching wrestling and who got you into it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: gettyimages-485063238_1.jpg (35KB, 810x540px) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-485063238_1.jpg
35KB, 810x540px
when did you start watching wrestling and who got you into it? john cena got me into in 2015 when the john cena meme was taking off but i only starting watching regularly around the draft this year
>>
8+ kiddo
>>
>>1955815
i'm 21
>>
Year 2000 around the time Mick Foley fought Triple H in a hell in a cell with Foley's career on the line.
>>
>>1955824
18 fucking plus
>>
Watching Daniel Bryan matches got me into it. I started watching weekly with Wrestlemania this year.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 250x241px
Early 2001 after I got this for my birthday. I remember flipping through the channels when I stumbled upon Kurt Angle cutting a promo. I remember thinking "That's the American King from that wrestling game"
>>
File: 1466513119828.png (11KB, 639x386px) Image search: [Google]
1466513119828.png
11KB, 639x386px
>>1955814
>>
>>1955841
good game
>>
>>1955841
My mate up the road had this game when I was about 9, it was this and renting wrestling tapes from the video shop that got me hooked
>>
I started watching in the year of our Lord, Nineteen Hundred and Ninety-Nine.

Iirc i was surfing channels and landed on a WCW hardcore match. Been hooked ever since.
>>
1990. Watched Sting win the title at Great American Bash.
>>
File: img512.jpg (458KB, 1600x1582px) Image search: [Google]
img512.jpg
458KB, 1600x1582px
>>1955841
I love the way they managed to make a royal rumble without the mini games.
>>
>>1955910
I miss how slingshots and back tosses could actually throw an opponent out of the ring.
>>
Around 2001 after I bought WWF Smackdown Just Bring It. Loved the game so much, I started desperately wanting to watch it. Watched it until Wrestlemania 23. After Cena beat Michaels, I'd had enough.

Now I just watch old shit on the WWE network for Nostalgia purposes.
>>
>>1955919
So youre mad Cena beat a old fuck who you didn't even watch during his runs. You are the typical smark. Kys
>>
Don't know what got me into it when I was younger but what got me back into it was when u wqs flipping the channels and say the outsiders beat up a bunch of WCW talent in the back and one of them threw Rey mysterio into a trailer like a dart.
>>
>>1955917
This.
>>
>>1955923
I wasn't phased by Cena winning, dude. It was just how shit the product had gotten back then. Can't imagine how much shitter it is now lol
>>
>>1955917
Wrestling Mpire has that, or Wrestling Revolution 3D for mobile, less of the canned animation shit the WWE games have.
>>
>>1955923
michaels won the world title in 2002
>>
1989, Roddy Piper and Mr. Perfect
>>
they had this raw recap show on TSN that aired before soccer practice and i had to watch that instead of raw cause I wasn't allowed to watch raw

The furthest part I can remember watching was HHH going through the Vegas drive-thru chapel with passed out Steph so I guess it started there
>>
98-01 then thought I was too cool to watch until 12-current
>>
>>1955814
AJ Styles got me into it casually watched the jericho feud, went back and watched AJ's other work. watched smackdown every week after the draft.

watch raw on and off can rarely finish the whole 3 hrs
>>
>>1955814
2006 when I landed on an episode of Smackdown while flipping through channels. I'm not sure what made me keep watching. My favorite wrestlers were Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker & Triple H.
>>
>>1955814
1997, Undertaker and Kane
>>
>>1955814
literally just this year. I only got on board because my friend bought 2k15 on sale. He's actually way into it and I got sucked in to the sport.

Things I thought before becoming a mark:
ultimate warrior and randy savage were the same guy,
randy savage went "brotherrr!" and "wooo!",
sting was always goth sting
cena joined up in 2013
Razor Ramon was Hard Gay and that HG had wrestled in the WWE
WCW and ECW were still around, just on a channel i never watch
the diva division was mostly about women getting putting their expensive tits and asses on TV and not much else

I was right about the divas part.
>>
>>1955814
Started early 90's.
Stopped around 2002/2003.

Started again summer 2014.
Will probably stop again soon.
>>
File: 1477240489287.jpg (90KB, 1680x946px) Image search: [Google]
1477240489287.jpg
90KB, 1680x946px
>>1956007
AJ Styles got me into it as well. I casually watched during his Roman feud and was saddened I didn't care enough to PPV to see if he won the title. I really liked him and KO, I recall KO beating him to join the MitB ladder match and was okay with that. I'd grow to love the fuck out of AJ even after I experienced my first babyface turning heel when he beat up Cena. Luckily, my friend from 12 years ago told me, even then, that Cena was a shitter, so it helped to endear me to AJ even more.
I went back and watched all of his matches within the WWE, subscribed to the network, and watch RAW (somewhat sadly) and SD weekly now, or catch em on hulu.

I see a lot of people on this board say that AJ made them care about a modern product that is shittier than it used to be. I'm thrilled he went over Cena at SS, then got the world title. I truly believe he is responsible for keeping the brand from declining even further, as anything he does is hands down the best part of the episode/PPV.
>>
I used to watch lucha and RAW with my now boyfriend back around the 2000s, dropped it around 2004 because cable providers were dicks.

Came back in 2011 and I regret it
>>
>>1955814
https://youtu.be/0AVzgiqOk0Q

This was the first episode I watched and got hooked because of the main event. I was rooting for Mick and he got buried.
>>
I started watching when I was in elementary school. So like mid-late 1990s, just about the time Kane debuted I think. My friends were into it and I wanted to fit in, so I just watched it so I'd be able to relate. Wasn't really into it at first.

I really started getting into it about the time Jericho debuted. That was the point where I wanted to watch it for my own amusement regardless of any social implications.

Stopped watching around the mid 2000s. A lot of the big stars from the attitude era were gone and I got bored of it. Also that was the time I was hitting my prime teen years and I had other interests that took priority.

Got back into it this year. Just randomly stumbled across a stream for the Royal Rumble this year and just like that got hooked again.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.